Outloook 2007 Ultimate BCM and Outlook Contacts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LeanDyn

Is there any way to link regular contacts from outlook with BCM accounts. I

am new to BCM and have thousands of outlook contacts with extensive imbedded

llinks and onenote integration. I would like to use BCM but it is

impossible to move my contacts from regular outlook. I can't believer

there is no way to simply link a regular contact wiith a BCM business

account. Am I missing something? Thanks!

Vail Brown
 
J

Jan K

"LeanDyn" <LeanDyn> schreef in bericht

news:0E5D3124-4D51-492D-AFAF-613D99B227BC@microsoft.com...
> Is there any way to link regular contacts from outlook with BCM accounts.
> I
> am new to BCM and have thousands of outlook contacts with extensive
> imbedded
> llinks and onenote integration. I would like to use BCM but it is
> impossible to move my contacts from regular outlook. I can't believer
> there is no way to simply link a regular contact wiith a BCM business
> account. Am I missing something? Thanks!
> Vail Brown


No, you are right.

BCM and outlook use different databases, ASAIK syncing between bcm and

outlook is not possible
 
L

LeanDyn

Thank you Jan. That answers my question. What a HUGE mistake by

Microsoft. There have to be hundreds of thousands of potential BCM users

who will walk away because they can't move their contacts from Outlook. My

guess is the majority of persons who look at BCM probably give up for this

reason. Too bad, it would be a great tool to use. Again, thanks for the

answer.

"Jan K" wrote:



> "LeanDyn" <LeanDyn> schreef in bericht
> news:0E5D3124-4D51-492D-AFAF-613D99B227BC@microsoft.com...
> > Is there any way to link regular contacts from outlook with BCM accounts.
> > I
> > am new to BCM and have thousands of outlook contacts with extensive
> > imbedded
> > llinks and onenote integration. I would like to use BCM but it is
> > impossible to move my contacts from regular outlook. I can't believer
> > there is no way to simply link a regular contact wiith a BCM business
> > account. Am I missing something? Thanks!
> > Vail Brown


> No, you are right.
> BCM and outlook use different databases, ASAIK syncing between bcm and
> outlook is not possible

>
 
J

Jan K

To be complete, it is possible to move contact from outlook to BCM (one can

drag contacts from outlook to BCM). However, the contacts will not sync!

They live in 2 different worlds. I myself have stopped using BCM for this

and other reasons.

"LeanDyn" <LeanDyn> schreef in bericht

news:9DB35190-0653-46D7-B0EF-B8621798DD79@microsoft.com...
> Thank you Jan. That answers my question. What a HUGE mistake by
> Microsoft. There have to be hundreds of thousands of potential BCM users
> who will walk away because they can't move their contacts from Outlook.
> My
> guess is the majority of persons who look at BCM probably give up for this
> reason. Too bad, it would be a great tool to use. Again, thanks for
> the
> answer.

> "Jan K" wrote:
>
>

>> "LeanDyn" <LeanDyn> schreef in bericht
> > news:0E5D3124-4D51-492D-AFAF-613D99B227BC@microsoft.com...
> > > Is there any way to link regular contacts from outlook with BCM
> > > accounts.
> > > I
> > > am new to BCM and have thousands of outlook contacts with extensive
> > > imbedded
> > > llinks and onenote integration. I would like to use BCM but it is
> > > impossible to move my contacts from regular outlook. I can't
> > > believer
> > > there is no way to simply link a regular contact wiith a BCM business
> > > account. Am I missing something? Thanks!
> > > Vail Brown

>

>> No, you are right.
> > BCM and outlook use different databases, ASAIK syncing between bcm and
> > outlook is not possible
>

>>
 
M

mrtimpeterson

Check out this alternative to BCM here at: www.avidian.com

This database add-in shares the same contacts folder as Outlook. You have

zero problems synching, etc.

-THP

Jan K wrote:
> To be complete, it is possible to move contact from outlook to BCM (one can
> drag contacts from outlook to BCM). However, the contacts will not sync!
> They live in 2 different worlds. I myself have stopped using BCM for this
> and other reasons.
>
> > Thank you Jan. That answers my question. What a HUGE mistake by
> > Microsoft. There have to be hundreds of thousands of potential BCM users

> [quoted text clipped - 20 lines]
> >> BCM and outlook use different databases, ASAIK syncing between bcm and
> >> outlook is not possible



200903
 
M

Manta2005

I also decided to abandon BCM. I found it to be a complete waste of time

since I had to keep my contacts in 3 different places:

Outlook Contacts (so I can synch it with my blackberry)

BCM Contacts (so I can use it in BCM)

MS Accounting (so I can use it with my accounting)

Really too sad, could be a winner if someone bothered to think about

usability.

-E

"Jan K" wrote:


> To be complete, it is possible to move contact from outlook to BCM (one can
> drag contacts from outlook to BCM). However, the contacts will not sync!
> They live in 2 different worlds. I myself have stopped using BCM for this
> and other reasons.

> "LeanDyn" <LeanDyn> schreef in bericht
> news:9DB35190-0653-46D7-B0EF-B8621798DD79@microsoft.com...
> > Thank you Jan. That answers my question. What a HUGE mistake by
> > Microsoft. There have to be hundreds of thousands of potential BCM users
> > who will walk away because they can't move their contacts from Outlook.
> > My
> > guess is the majority of persons who look at BCM probably give up for this
> > reason. Too bad, it would be a great tool to use. Again, thanks for
> > the
> > answer.
> > "Jan K" wrote:
> >
> >
> >> "LeanDyn" <LeanDyn> schreef in bericht
> >> news:0E5D3124-4D51-492D-AFAF-613D99B227BC@microsoft.com...
> >> > Is there any way to link regular contacts from outlook with BCM
> >> > accounts.
> >> > I
> >> > am new to BCM and have thousands of outlook contacts with extensive
> >> > imbedded
> >> > llinks and onenote integration. I would like to use BCM but it is
> >> > impossible to move my contacts from regular outlook. I can't
> >> > believer
> >> > there is no way to simply link a regular contact wiith a BCM business
> >> > account. Am I missing something? Thanks!
> >> > Vail Brown
> >
> >> No, you are right.
> >> BCM and outlook use different databases, ASAIK syncing between bcm and
> >> outlook is not possible
> >
> >>


>
 
J

Jan K

"mrtimpeterson " <u8453@uwe> schreef in bericht

news:93e14bfb45137@uwe...
> Check out this alternative to BCM here at: www.avidian.com

> This database add-in shares the same contacts folder as Outlook. You have
> zero problems synching, etc.

> -THP
>


@ $350,- a user it should :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S the folder condition is necessary in Outloook VBS Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
R Missing outloook journal entry pop up windows Using Outlook 13
J outlook 2007 doesn't let me choose which .pst to search Using Outlook 0
D Outlook 2007 vs. Outlook 2010 -- ToDo Bar Using Outlook 0
D Outlook 2007 on 365 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
S Macro for other actions - Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 23
S Verwendung von Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 0
A Arthur needs help with 2007 Outlook e-mail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
M PST import from Outlook 2007 to 2010 - Address Book contacts all in 1 group Using Outlook 4
S outlook 2007 calendar search Using Outlook 6
B Migrate Outlook 2007 to Office 365 Using Outlook 3
X I have met my waterloo trying to resolve embedded graphics problem with outlook 2007 and now 2016 Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2007 only loads some appointments Using Outlook 0
C Move Outlook 2007 to new PC with Outlook 365 Using Outlook 3
J Outlook 2007 Hide Messages Option not Available Using Outlook 2
B Outllok 2007 License Expired issue Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 2007 Calendar instant search problem. Windows 7 Using Outlook 4
S Outlook 2007 Calendar instant search problem. Windows 7 Using Outlook 0
B Server errors Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
S Reboot of frozen windows7 results in changed outlook 2007 settings Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2007 printing wrong email address at top of page Using Outlook 8
M Configure outlook 2007 to accept digital signatures Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2007 crashes when opening an email Using Outlook 2
R New chap saying hello and needing advice on Outlook 2007 thumbnails Using Outlook 3
icacream From Outlook 2007 to 2016 ! Using Outlook 9
vodkasoda Object could not be found Error in Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
S Outlook 2007: Address Cards allow entering text! Why? Using Outlook 3
S View Appointment in Text Wrap in Outlook 2007 Month Calendar View Using Outlook 0
L Outlook 2007 Separate the Send/Receive functions Using Outlook 2
Steven 2007 New PC vs Old PC - Micro Font on Inbound Emails :( Using Outlook 4
M Outlook 2007 Contacts Glitch: Creating a new email Using Outlook 1
C Move from Outlook 2007 Enterprise (MOE) to Outlook Pro plus 2007 Using Outlook 1
J reinstalling Outlook 2007 asking for user name & password Using Outlook 14
P outlook addin unloaded in office 2007 Using Outlook 0
P Oulook addin unloaded in office 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Fonts in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 4
R Add Exchange Account to existing POP3 Outlook 2007 Profile Using Outlook 0
C out of space in file group Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
A Moving archived contents in Outlook 2007 back into working folders Using Outlook 0
P Outlook 2007 Email Categorization using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Unable to Configure Gmail Account in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2007 or 2010 - Lock Down Functionality Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Outlook 2007, windows 10 Font size Using Outlook 1
norbertlars Exchange 2007 - quota not shown in clients Exchange Server Administration 2
Diane Poremsky Manually create a POP3 account in Outlook 2007 New Slipstick.com Articles 0
J Can Click to Drag Custom Form Field But Cannot Drop When Designing in Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
L Outlook 2007 Font Using Outlook 3
J Outlook 2007 connector and Windows 10 Using Outlook 3
R Outlook 2007 - Shared Accounts and Resources without Exchange Server Using Outlook 0
L Outlook 2007 - Macro Re Search Using Outlook 16

Similar threads

Top