Shortcuts in Outlook Business Manager not wokring

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dan The Man

Hi.
We have some employees that use contact manager with Outlook 2007. Creating
new contacts goes fine and also sharing them. But on the right side you have
the letters A-Z or similar that works as a shortcut. Pressing one of these
should take you to a view of your contacts starting with this letter. But it
doesn't. The first time you click on a letter it just show some random
contacts. And after that none of them give you a result at all. I gave
checked that there isn't any diasbled addons in Outlook. Anyone have any idea
?
 
L

Leonid S. Knyshov // SBS Expert

On 3/9/2010 3:25 AM, Dan The Man wrote:
> Hi.
> We have some employees that use contact manager with Outlook 2007. Creating
> new contacts goes fine and also sharing them. But on the right side you have
> the letters A-Z or similar that works as a shortcut. Pressing one of these
> should take you to a view of your contacts starting with this letter. But it
> doesn't. The first time you click on a letter it just show some random
> contacts. And after that none of them give you a result at all. I gave
> checked that there isn't any diasbled addons in Outlook. Anyone have any idea
> ?

Not sure, but it can be related to an Outlook view.

The contacts can be arranged by a different field, so a pseudo-random
order might actually make sense.

View -> Current View -> Customize Current View

Check what is the "Sort..." set to. It should say File As. If your File
As settings are correct for your contacts, that should be sufficient,
but test it with other values.
Leonid S. Knyshov
Crashproof Solutions
510-282-1008
Twitter: @wiseleo
http://crashproofsolutions.com
Microsoft Small Business Specialist
Please vote "helpful" if I helped you :)
 
D

Dan The Man



"Leonid S. Knyshov // SBS Expert" wrote:

> On 3/9/2010 3:25 AM, Dan The Man wrote:
> > Hi.
> > We have some employees that use contact manager with Outlook 2007. Creating
> > new contacts goes fine and also sharing them. But on the right side you have
> > the letters A-Z or similar that works as a shortcut. Pressing one of these
> > should take you to a view of your contacts starting with this letter. But it
> > doesn't. The first time you click on a letter it just show some random
> > contacts. And after that none of them give you a result at all. I gave
> > checked that there isn't any diasbled addons in Outlook. Anyone have any idea
> > ?

> Not sure, but it can be related to an Outlook view.
>
> The contacts can be arranged by a different field, so a pseudo-random
> order might actually make sense.
>
> View -> Current View -> Customize Current View
>
> Check what is the "Sort..." set to. It should say File As. If your File
> As settings are correct for your contacts, that should be sufficient,
> but test it with other values.
> > Leonid S. Knyshov
> Crashproof Solutions
> 510-282-1008
> Twitter: @wiseleo
> http://crashproofsolutions.com
> Microsoft Small Business Specialist
> Please vote "helpful" if I helped you :)
> .
>


Hi.
Funny thing....If thy change the current view and choose to sort by company
name they are able to use the shortcut with the letters on the right side.
Everything seems normal. But as soon as they changeto theur mail and then
back again the view is back to default and the same problem again. Is there a
way to permanently save the view where you choose to sort by company name ?
 
L

Leonid S. Knyshov // SBS Expert

On 3/10/2010 1:33 AM, Dan The Man wrote:
>
> Hi.
> Funny thing....If thy change the current view and choose to sort by company
> name they are able to use the shortcut with the letters on the right side.
> Everything seems normal. But as soon as they changeto theur mail and then
> back again the view is back to default and the same problem again. Is there a
> way to permanently save the view where you choose to sort by company name ?

OK, so this suggestion works?

Good, now we just need to make it stick.

View -> Define Views. Modify whichever view you wish to use for this.
Leonid S. Knyshov
Crashproof Solutions
510-282-1008
Twitter: @wiseleo
http://crashproofsolutions.com
Microsoft Small Business Specialist
Try Exchange Online http://bit.ly/free-exchange-trial
Please vote "helpful" if I helped you :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
N How to disable shortcuts for Pilcrow in Outlook (Show or hide paragraph marks) Using Outlook 0
N How to disable shortcuts for Pilcrow in Outlook Using Outlook 0
K Maximum Categorize Shortcuts In Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 1
King Mustard Maximum Categorize shortcuts in Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Shortcuts and the Missing Outlook:// Protocol New Slipstick.com Articles 0
T Displaying Shortcuts in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 7
L Outlook 2007 Keyboard Shortcuts Using Outlook 8
D Outlook and the Dreaded Losing Shortcuts Issue Using Outlook 4
J Outlook 2000 "My Shortcuts" question Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Going to folder using shortcuts Using Outlook 3
L any ways to create shortcuts to a public mail folder Using Outlook 4
L Navigation Pane selection with shortcuts Using Outlook 2
Commodore Favorites vs. Shortcuts Using Outlook 1
L Macro Shortcuts Using Outlook 1
R Custom Keyboard Shortcuts for 2010 Using Outlook 3
C Configuring Navigation shortcuts Using Outlook 3
P Ability to define shortcuts to folders Outlook Wishlist 2
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Outlook 2010 Help setting up Gmail account in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
C-S-R How to clear an Outlook (To Do) Task Flag? Using Outlook 8
N How do I make Outlook autocomplete addresses from a list of recognised <full_names> only? Using Outlook 2
P Outlook 2019 UI changes after 20H2 update Using Outlook 1
R How to restrict GWSMO sync to Outlook Send/Receive cycles Using Outlook 0
B Outlook 2016 Unable to view images or logos on the outlook 2016 emails the same html code works well when i use outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 2007 crash linked to gdiplus.dll Using Outlook 0
P Sending email from outlook IMAP to GMAIL where embedded images are added as attachment Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2010 How could I globally redesign an outlook template form/region/inspector template used to display mail lists or an individual mails? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T The Linked Image Cannot Be Displayed in Outlook Using Outlook 5
M Outlook 2010 Outlook 2010 with O365 / Exchange Online Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 2016 Change how Outlook shows me contacts in emails Using Outlook 0
A OutLook For Mac 16.46 Comes Up In Small Window When Opening Using Outlook 4
S Outlook 2007 - Automatic purge fail Using Outlook 0
T Outlook creating unwanted tasks in Tasks and Todo from emails Using Outlook 1
V vBA for searching a cell's contents in Outlook and retrieving the subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B vBA for exporting excel file from outlook 2016 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Horsepower Moving emails between folder Outlook for Mac Outlook Wishlist 8
Travis Lloyd Messages Won't Display In Outlook 2019 Home & Business Using Outlook 0
J Outlook 2019 i dont want to buy the snake oil ost to pst programs Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2016 Outlook crashes when trying to print certain emails Using Outlook 5
T Outlook Template - textbox visible based on combobox selection Using Outlook 1
D We're sorry but outlook has run into an error Using Outlook 6
F Outlook 2010 Outlook 2010 and GMail Using Outlook 0
M Reverting The Outlook Search Box Location (or other undesired additions) Using Outlook 1
M Disable Contact Card Results when using "Search People" in Outlook Ribbon Using Outlook 7
P i-Phone 6s Plus receiving 2 notifications from Outlook email Using Outlook 1
C WARNING - DO NOT USE AN OUTLOOK.COM ADDRESS FOR GOOGLE ACCOUNT RECOVERY EMAIL Using Outlook 10
D Outlook 2016 Unable to load Outlook data pst file Using Outlook 5
M White square in body of Outlook Messages (O2016 Version 2012 32bit Click To Run) Using Outlook 4
M Outlook, send to > mail recipient - results in plain text email Using Outlook 1
R Why doesn't outlook use "Normal" style for new messages? Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2016 Outlook not saving Sent Items Using Outlook 4

Similar threads

Top