Saving Outlook Email As Text File Extract

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rich Locus

Hello Outlook Group:

I'm normally an Access and Excel VBA programmer, but my client wants me to

scrape the text from a select email address and insert it into an Access memo

column.

Does anyone know how to configure Outlook (VBA approach would be fine) so

that when an email is received in a selected account, the message would also

be extracted to a directory as a text file and then the Outlook message would

be moved to some history folder.

Once the text file exists in a predefined folder , I will just have Access

periodically check the folder for files, grab the text, insert it into the

column, and delete the text file).

Ideas?

Thanks,

Rich Locus

Logicwurks, LLC
 

Michael Bauer

Senior Member
Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Here's an example:

http://www.vboffice.net/en/developers/save-emails-to-file-system

Best regards

Michael Bauer

Am Wed, 5 May 2010 17:37:01 -0700 schrieb Rich Locus:


> Hello Outlook Group:

> I'm normally an Access and Excel VBA programmer, but my client wants me to
> scrape the text from a select email address and insert it into an Access


memo
> column.

> Does anyone know how to configure Outlook (VBA approach would be fine) so
> that when an email is received in a selected account, the message would


also
> be extracted to a directory as a text file and then the Outlook message


would
> be moved to some history folder.

> Once the text file exists in a predefined folder , I will just have Access
> periodically check the folder for files, grab the text, insert it into the
> column, and delete the text file).

> Ideas?

> Thanks,
 
R

Rich Locus

Excellent Solution!!!

Thanks very much for taking the time.

Rich Locus

Logicwurks, LLC

"Michael Bauer " wrote:



> Here's an example:
> http://www.vboffice.net/en/developers/save-emails-to-file-system

> > Best regards
> Michael Bauer
> Category Manager -

> SAM - The Sending Account Manager:
>

> Am Wed, 5 May 2010 17:37:01 -0700 schrieb Rich Locus:
>
> > Hello Outlook Group:
> > I'm normally an Access and Excel VBA programmer, but my client wants me to
> > scrape the text from a select email address and insert it into an Access

> memo
> > column.
> > Does anyone know how to configure Outlook (VBA approach would be fine) so
> > that when an email is received in a selected account, the message would

> also
> > be extracted to a directory as a text file and then the Outlook message

> would
> > be moved to some history folder.
> > Once the text file exists in a predefined folder , I will just have Access
> > periodically check the folder for files, grab the text, insert it into the
> > column, and delete the text file).
> > Ideas?
> > Thanks,

> .
>
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
T Saving Outlook 2010 email with attachments but read the email without Outlook Using Outlook 2
J Saving Incoming & Outgoing Outlook 2010 Email Locally with IMAP Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2016 Outlook not saving Sent Items Using Outlook 4
I Error saving screenshots in a custom form in outlook 2016, outlook 365 - ok in outlook 2013, outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
N Saving And Deleting Outlook Attachments with Unknown Error Message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V Saving attachment from outlook in My Documents Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 14
C Saving Outlook attachments and links to attachments with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Outlook 2010 Modify Style "Do not check spelling or grammar" not saving Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Outlook Office 365 not saving addresses Using Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i question about saving my .pst so I can import it to my Outlook after I build a new system Using Outlook 10
J Outlook 2013 crashes saving VBA & clicking tools | digital signature Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Outlook DST (Daylight Saving Time) problem Using Outlook 0
F Using Outlook 2007 as an IMAP Mail Station Without Saving Data Locally Using Outlook 2
D File Lock issue when saving message from Outlook to new folder Using Outlook 1
K Printing & Saving Outlook Contacts Using Outlook 3
S trouble with Outlook 2010 saving sent emails Using Outlook 2
D Saving outlook emails in html and attachments Using Outlook 4
R Outlook 2007 QAT buttons not saving Using Outlook 2
C Exchange 2003 - Outlook 2003 - Calendar entries saving over each other Using Outlook 2
J Saving Published Outlook Form as msg Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2007 alters date when saving attachments, windows 7. Using Outlook 5
D Outlook 2003 Saving into a textbox when form closes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
T Saving Embedded Images in Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Outlook 2003 saving option button Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
I Saving attachments from multiple emails and updating file name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Adding Subject to this Link-Saving VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
L Attachment saving and tracking - PLEASE help! Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
D Saving Selected Emails as PDF and saving Attachments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
B Saving items under a folder Using Outlook 3
R Quick Access view in File Explorer when saving attachments Using Outlook 0
I Dialog called up multiple times when saving emails from macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A saving attachement to folder named the same as rule name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T Saving all email to file folder in Windows Using Outlook 2
J Saving attachments from specific sender (phone number) to specific folder on hard drive Using Outlook 3
Kevin H Remotely saving emails Using Outlook 1
A Keep color categories when saving vCards Using Outlook 1
P Saving All Messages to the Hard Drive Using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
S Editing an email with notes and saving it for record using Macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
O Saving Attachments to folder on disk and adding Initials to end of file name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
bifjamod Saving sent email to specific folder based on category with wildcard Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Saving .msg as sent item on send Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
erichamion Changes to meeting body not properly saving Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
A ItemAdd on Imap Folder get endless loop after saving item Using Outlook 5
T From Field Blank when saving to folder other than Sent items Using Outlook 2
E Saving Changes To Edited E-Mail Received Message Using Outlook 0
D Remove extension while saving attachments Using Outlook 1
S Not saving attachments in the Sent Folder Using Outlook 2
W Default Saving a message as text Using Outlook 2
J Saving recent colors used for fonts in an email? Using Outlook 1
B How to choose which contacts folder to use when saving contacts? Using Outlook 1

Similar threads

Top