Outlook Won't Open in Windows 7 64 bit__Please, Urgent, my life and small business is in Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scout77

I am using Office Pro 2003 and Front Page 2003.
I had a Windows 7 64 bit and everything worked except for Publisher. Publisher takes 8 - 9 seconds to respond. Cut and paste or anything 8-9 seconds.
A new Windows 7 64 bit
Word - works OK after using the compatibilty tool.
Front Page is bizarre. eg. I insert a table with 5 cells and 1 shows. I center a paragraph and the entire pg disappears.
Publisher same problem as above.
Outlook (I have always used without an email account associated). First error message
"could not start because a data file to send and receive mail could not be found. to add a data file, such as a personal file folder double click the mail icon in windows control panel"
I added a gmail account.
I uninstalled everything Microsoft and re-installed Office 3 times.
I have changed every setting available back and forth.
Now the message is
"unable to open your default email folders. The information store could not be opened".
Since I have installed and re-installed 3 times, I am guessing there is something in the registry that is corrupted or?
Should I bite the bullet and reformat everything? Will that work?
Is there a way to delete what is in the registry that is preventing me from opening Outlook?
It would be great to get Front Page and Publisher to work. However, Outlook is an URGENT need.
BTW - I have looked at Office 2007. I really prefer 2003.
Thanks in advance for your help.

G

Gérard Oomens

"scout77" wrote in message news:7bc7e7aa-bd64-4b74-8200-25822ce0c133...

I am using Office Pro 2003 and Front Page 2003.
I had a Windows 7 64 bit and everything worked except for Publisher. Publisher takes 8 - 9 seconds to respond. Cut and paste or anything 8-9 seconds.

A new Windows 7 64 bit
Word - works OK after using the compatibilty tool.
Front Page is bizarre. eg. I insert a table with 5 cells and 1 shows. I center a paragraph and the entire pg disappears.
Publisher same problem as above.
Outlook (I have always used without an email account associated). First error message
"could not start because a data file to send and receive mail could not be found. to add a data file, such as a personal file folder double click the mail icon in windows control panel"
I added a gmail account.

I uninstalled everything Microsoft and re-installed Office 3 times.
I have changed every setting available back and forth.

Now the message is
"unable to open your default email folders. The information store could not be opened"

Did you get all updates for Office/Outlook 2003? If yes, create a new Outlook profile and see if that helps:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918
Gérard

G

Guruprasad Ra

Go to start > computer > C: / drive>Program files(x86) > Microsoft Office > Office 12 > Outlook.exe > right click on it > select Properties > Compatibility > Uncheck “Run this program in compatibility mode for …”

Guruprasad Ra, Microsoft Answers Support Engineer.
• We appreciate your participation in MS Forums, Help us understand your needs better. To share your valuable Feedback please Click here.

M

msresolve99

Regarding your Outlook question

> You can go to Start > Control Panel > Mail > Show Profiles > Remove all in there and create a new one without configuring an account.
> Open Outlook
> Open any pst of your choice and make it as the default ( from Tool > Account settings > Data files )

S

scout77

Thank you for the suggestions. I tried both.
However,
Now the message is
Failed to register a VB Script DLL. Reinstall or run Regsvr32.exe. Vbscript.dll to self register. The form cache file C:users\mm\AppData\local\microsoft\forms\frmcache.dat is not valid. Contact your administrator.
Then "the operation failed".
Then outlook closes.
Re. updates I am on auto for Windows. When faced with updates for office. Any suggestions? There are dozens.
I have done detect and repair on the programs I can open. Says it is successful. But still have the same problems.

So,
Since I have installed and re-installed 3 times, I am guessing there is something in the registry that is corrupted. Would you suggest I try to delete something in the registry? Is there a way to delete what is in the registry that is preventing me from opening Outlook?
Or should I bite the bullet and reformat everything? Will that work?
One disc is corrupted. Business Contact Manager did not install correctly the last time. I have not tried to install since then. I have not missed it.
Thanks you!

S

scout77

Got a little bit further. I confirmed set-up without email support.
Then
"unable to open your default email folders. The information store could not be opened".

G

Guruprasad Ra

Check if outlook is running in the compatibility mode.
Go to C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Office\Office11\outlook.exe > right click on it > properties > compatibility > Uncheck “Run this program in computability with…” and check if outlook is working

Guruprasad Ra, Microsoft Answers Support Engineer.
• We appreciate your participation in MS Forums, Help us understand your needs better. To share your valuable Feedback please Click here.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Got a little bit further. I confirmed set-up without email support.
Then

In control panel, mail, do you have a PST file set up with the profile? This error usually means either the pst is bad (if using an existing pst) or the profile wasn't created correctly.

I would try adding a new pst and setting it as the default.

N

Niranjan I K

Try changing the location of the default .pst file or create a new .pst file in a different location, looks like the location where this pst file is created has some permission issue.

How to create a .pst file in Outlook 2003

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829971

Niranjan I K Microsoft Answers Support Engineer.

S

scout77

Results - After trying all of the above. Spending countless hours. Even bought a new laptop. After 20 yrs of dos and windows. I gave up and bought a Mac. But Microsoft was not done torturing me. I called Microsoft and asked advice re. Outlook data. I was promised that Office for Mac, specifically Entourage would be able to import data from Outlook. One would think the 2 would be compatible. After all Entourage replaces Outlook. Well, after hours I finally figured out that I had to buy a third party application to convert the info. So, once again hours upon hours and $150 plus $10 just to get at my names and addresses.

J

jcain08

I just got a new Windows 7 machine, and I installed Outlook 2007 from a disk. The application appeared to install properly, however each time I click on Outlook, I get the following error message:

"Failed to register a VB Script DLL. Reinstall or run Regsvr32.exe Vbscript.dll to self register. c:\program files (x86)Microsoft Office\Office12\Forms\1033\signs.ico is not a valid icon file."

I found this thread through Microsoft's support site as it had a similar error message, but it appears that scout77's issue was slightly different. In any case, I tried some of the suggestions above:

1. Check for compatibility mode - it was unchecked

2. Create a new profile through Control Panel -> Mail

Both have not worked. Outlook starts, I can see the Mail windows in the background and then I get this error message. Should I run "Regsvr32.exe Vbscript.dll" as the error message suggests? One slight issue with that - I am in the middle of restoring 65,000 files worth of data onto my new machine so I can't restart it for another day or so.

Thanks for any help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M outlook won't open! Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Outlook 2013: Control Panel Mail Won't Open New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Outlook Links Won't Open In Windows 10 New Slipstick.com Articles 1
L Outlook 2013 won't open MS Office attachments Using Outlook 1
J Outlook won't open. PST file busy. Using Outlook 3
B Add-in "always enabled" but Outlook 13 won't open Using Outlook 7
J links won't open from Outlook Using Outlook 1
M Outlook Express won't open Using Outlook 1
D outlook won't open attachments Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2010 won't open in Regular mode, Only Safe Mode, I've disabled all plugins... Using Outlook 1
R Microsoft Outlook won't open Using Outlook 3
M Outlook 2007 - Contact detail won't open Using Outlook 2
A Outlook 2010 won't open, seeking MS Exchange. Using Outlook 2
G Outlook 2010 won't re-open (or rather, never really closes) in Windows 7 Using Outlook 1
G Outlook won't open and received the scanpst.exe error. Using Outlook 2
D outlook won't open website links of php files. Using Outlook 2
G outlook 2010 won't open in windows 7 Using Outlook 6
J Outlook won't open after installing Office 2010 Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2010 won't open in standard mode Using Outlook 4
K Outlook 2007 When I attempt to open a new email, it won't open and says 'not responding' Using Outlook 5
S Detail view of individual contact in outlook won't open Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2003 won't open using VPN from home Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 2003 won't open Using Outlook 2
L Outlook 2007 won't open unless i restart my computer. Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2010 won't open attachments on Windows 7 machines Using Outlook 2
H Outlook 2007 was working fine and now won't open. Using Outlook 2
E Microsoft Outlook won't open Using Outlook 3
S Re: Outlook 2007 won't re-open once closed Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 2003 won't open Using Outlook 2
B Microsoft Outlook won't open Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2007 won't open without granting access to the program. Using Outlook 5
K word 2007 attachment won't open on windows 7 machine using Outlook Web Access v2003 Using Outlook 1
K Outlook won't stay open Using Outlook 12
A MS Outlook won't load... Error message>>> "Cannot open your default e-mail folder:" Using Outlook 4
V Outlook Calendar Won't open! Using Outlook 6
I Windows outlook won't open Using Outlook 3
Paula S. Outlook 2013 won't recognize new password Using Outlook 4
GregS Outlook 2016 iPhone won't download Outlook 2016 Mail. Using Outlook 0
L Outlook Office 365 client: won't remember my setting File, not to collapse ribbon Using Outlook 2
soadfan Outlook won't send e-mail when offline Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 19
P Outlook 2016 won't Start Using Outlook 3
Phil52 Outlook won't work Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2010 calendar won't sync with Android phone Using Outlook 3
A iPhone Contacts in Outlook won't File As First, Last Using Outlook 0
P Outlook 2007 won't connect Using Outlook 6
S Outlook 2010 won't send on Windows 8 Using Outlook 2
R Outlook won't run except in Safe mode problem Using Outlook 5
G Outlook 2003 VBA Won't Run In Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M Outlook 2013/365 won't export 99% of my contacts to csv Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2013 Categories won't print In color Using Outlook 2