Outlook 2010 (RTM) Hangs is it Outlook Connector and the two hotmail accounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

OmegaMan [MVP]

Outlook 2010 RTM hangs whenever I open it. I have a beta version of Outlook Connector could that be the cause?

Why do I need Outlook Connector? Because my ISP is MSN, hence to use Outlook to access my two email accounts, I have to have Outlook Connector.

Where is the Office Connector RTM(?).

Here are is the extended error report:

Description: A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: OUTLOOK.EXE
Application Version: 14.0.4760.1000
Application Timestamp: 4ba8ff82
Hang Signature: 2aa7
Hang Type: 1
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Hang Signature 1: 2aa75fed3851d1c5e124c4ec259b1263
Additional Hang Signature 2: af05
Additional Hang Signature 3: af05685bc9b98d5a8fbd622675b2d99d
Additional Hang Signature 4: 9d1b
Additional Hang Signature 5: 9d1b60233d7e72e5edb6c72c90b242d1
Additional Hang Signature 6: 2df4
Additional Hang Signature 7: 2df4ed75da409be8495f09f695781467A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows. William Wegerson (www.OmegaCoder.Com)

O

OmegaMan [MVP]

Hi Diane,
You can't use POP3 with your accounts?

When I try to resolve, using the account wizard, to the accounts hosted on MSN in question they are unable to make a connection. If you can relay how to resolve the account to Pop3 to the Hotmail acccounts, please let me know. :)

I do have a pop3 account from a personal email server and Outlook 10 connects just fine.
When you upgraded to RTM, did you uninstall the connector and reinstall it after installing RTM

It is actually a fresh install on a brand new machine.

I decided to uninstall the beta version of Outlook Connector and fire up Outlook. Immediate I was presented with a ribbon message stating:

Upgrade Outlook Hotmail Connector You must upgrade to the latest version of Outlook Hotmail Connector to continue using your Hotmail account in Outlook. With an "Upgrade Now" button.

When I select the Upgrade Now it downloads a non beta version of the connector for my 64 bit OS. It now works. *sigh*

So in my searching, I failed to find the non beta Outlook Connector, but the app knew where it was. How should it be installed actually? Is it in the app?

William Wegerson (www.OmegaCoder.Com)

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange

So in my searching, I failed to find the non beta Outlook Connector, but the app knew where it was. How should it be installed actually? Is it in the app?
Let Outlook install the connector. If outlook us open when you install it, you'll probably need to restart outlook for it to see the connector is installed. (I did)

B

bigdot22

I have gone thru all the steps -- found the right link to download, removed the old outlook connector, installedthe new one and restarted, and outlook is not connecting to hotmail and I'mnot getting any request for a password.

I would have vastly preferred to keep using whtever versio of connector I had, but MS forced me to upgrade to a program, which as alwaysk doesn't work. I have Outlook 2003.

Also note that the installation specifically says to close out of Outlook, so how is Outlook supposed to install anything?

O

OmegaMan [MVP]

The install program is separate from Outlook and its job is to install an Add-in to Outlook. The install requires that outlook be closed to avoid any running processes which might lock files it may need to overwrite.

Check to see if the addin is loaded, it could be a COM addin or an outlook addin. Don't remove but look in the list where one loads the addin to see if it is there and loaded.

Add or remove an add-in

Why not start a new thread and specify 2003 as the version for my version was 2010. HTH

B

bigdot22

Thanks for the response -- I got it working in the meantime, by clicking on Send/Receive which brought up the password box. I normally get the password box when I turn on Outlook (which I didn't), so I figured it wasn't working, and needless to say, it is.

You suggested checking the Add-ins, which I thought were under Help/About, but I'm not seeing them there.

You also mentioned a separate thread for Outlook 2003. I don't know wheher the steps I took would be unique to Outlook 2003 or not, or if this would be helpful, so if you're still available, could you please check this?

First, I tried the install that appeared automatically, which resulted in an endless loop. I'll paste a link to the correct download below.

Then I logged out of Outlook, I downloaded a "correct" version of Connector, and saved it to the desktop. Then I uninstalled the existing version of Connector, and then ran the download to install the correct version.

Then I restarted, turned on Outlook and nothing happened, no password box and no downloads from Hotmail. I then clicked on Send/Receive, the password box came up, and the thing actually worked.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9A2279B1-DF0A-46E1-AA93-7D4870871ECF&displaylang=en#filelist

O

OmegaMan [MVP]

I am glad you got it working. Come back to MS answers for other things of question beside just Outlook. Microsoft started using this Forums approach for all types of issues. It helped resolve a Windows 7 release issue because people like you, and me, as well were able to post or find a post with a similar problem and report it. MS had 200 people report a Win 7 problem and they knew it was a problem. If they didn't have the forums, the would have received possibly 2-5 calls. Hence MS was able to fix it, where before it wouldn't have looked like a problem.

Thanks for the link!

T

t.haha

I hope that solves all probs, it driving me nuts, the problem was i changed servers somewhere and don't know where it is or how to get it back.

It was dumb luck finding it and its gonna be dumber luck finding it agen.

M

Marshrat

I don't have an answer. I am in the same boat as bigdot22 only it is about 5 months later. Connector has always worked and I have used it for over 3 years. Did the upgrade as reqested and now it doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Outlook 2007 and 2010 do not show new emails for a lagged period of time, on Exchange 2010 RTM RU4 Using Outlook 2
J Exchange 2010 RTM + Configuring the Change Password Feature in Outlook Web App Exchange Server Administration 2
G Cannot open, add, connect to PST files from Outlook Pro Plus 2010 RTM Using Outlook 12
A 'Mark Unread' button - bug in Outlook 2010 RTM Using Outlook 11
C BCM for RTM Release of Outlook 2010 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
L Cannot see online archive with Outlook 2010 RTM Exchange Server Administration 9
J Exchange 2010 (RTM) and outlook 2003 issues Exchange Server Administration 40
e_a_g_l_e_p_i I think it may be time to upgrade from Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
T Why does outlook 2010 convert only some forum notifications to plain text? Using Outlook 0
I Error saving screenshots in a custom form in outlook 2016, outlook 365 - ok in outlook 2013, outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
M Outlook 2010 Problem with OutLook 2010 32 bit, after Windows Auto Update Using Outlook 3
M PST import from Outlook 2007 to 2010 - Address Book contacts all in 1 group Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2010 account setup fails in particular domain Using Outlook 3
B Outlook 2010 is Auto Purging when not configured for that Using Outlook 1
W Outlook 2010 Reading Pane Slows Startup Using Outlook 3
S Outlook 2010 unable to change default font Using Outlook 7
B Outlook 2010 Can not find a certain file in M/S Outlook 2010. Using Outlook 1
Mark Foley Cannot enable add-in in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
W Outlook 2010 some sent items marked unread now (was Ok before) Using Outlook 0
RBLampert Updating from Outlook 2010 to Outlook 365 Using Outlook 0
L What are the risks of opening an Outlook 2016 .pst file in Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 4
S Unable to remove rule outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
N Outlook 2010 Flag blocked for Safe Senders List???? Using Outlook 7
dweller Outlook 2010 Rule Ignores VBA Script Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Mark Foley Unable to subscribe to published calendar in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 4
K Maximum Categorize Shortcuts In Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 1
E Unable to open Outlook 2010 after adding new email account Using Outlook 4
RBLampert Outlook 2010 no longer (?) shrinks large images Using Outlook 4
N Outlook 2010 will not send nor receive Using Outlook 4
U Outlook 2010 'freezes' before moving emails Using Outlook 2
P Outlook 2010 trusted emails going to spam folder Using Outlook 18
E Outlook 2010 Subject sort uses Thread-Topic for grouping Using Outlook 2
King Mustard Maximum Categorize shortcuts in Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 2010 keeps asking for username and password Using Outlook 1
M Duplicate Primary Mail Accounts outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
T Compacting Outlook 2010 OST results in old emails being re-sent Using Outlook 6
K Outlook 2010 duplicate download emails 1 inbox 1 PST no updates Using Outlook 3
D create an html table in outlook custom form 2010 using vba in MsAccess Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
Potty Ash MS Outlook 2010 custom form - validation or formula to request user to check a checkbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
RBLampert Outlook 2010 sends to/receives from some Gmail addresses but not others Using Outlook 3
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Question about address book in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 9
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Is there a good third party SPAM filter that intergrates with Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 7
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Another reinstall of Outlook 2010 issue Using Outlook 10
S Outlook 2010 Cannot Open Attachments Using Outlook 14
Justo Horrillo Issue with rules in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 4
L Upgrade from Outlook 2010-any reason to? Using Outlook 1
C Attached Files outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
C Attached files on Outlook 2010 Sp1 & Exc 2013 are missing Exchange Server Administration 1
EaglePI Outlook 2010 need help with rules Using Outlook 0
K can not reinstall outlook 2010 Exchange Server Administration 0