Outllok configuration for Microsoft exchange acount unable to connect to bussines mail server

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

ovidiunelu

I use microsoft office Outlook 2007 on both my laptop (vista) and destop (win 7) and connect trough VPN to my work email. No problems with the laptop but with the same setings it doesn't work on desktpo. The only way around I set it as a pop account but I can't see all the subfolders I create in my inbox at work. Is there any way to get to see all folders or at least make it work with exchange account?

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

On the desktop can you ping the server by name? What firewall software are you using on the desktop? You may have to create an exception on your firewall to let Outlook or RPC through.

O

ovidiunelu

Yes I can ping my server by name and IP I'm using Mcafee on both laptop and desktop and outlook is excepted (ful access) More tah that if I try to set the mail acount as exchange server it can talk to server and "check the name" then whend I click Next the log on windows apare and it seams it can't get trough the logon windows keep poping up. The think is bother me is the same setings are working for vista bat not for vin 7 what is the diference?

M

MJ answer's

If a POP3 account works fine in Outlook, this clearly shows that the issue is not with Outlook.

As far as I know there are problems for an Exchange account to work in Windows 7.

Check in the windows Safe mode to check if any non-microsoft programs are causing a problem.

If the above does not work, you might have to contact your admin to check if they have some settings which require to be changed for windows 7.

S

suncker

I have the same issue regarding the set-up of the Outlook 2010. It was suppose to have been configured via Lenovo when I bought my laptop and it is showing it on my desktop, but I get the exchange server error message. What is the exchange server that should be typed in that box? It showed www.msn.com when I opened it. I'm sure that's not the exchange server. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B Outllok 2007 License Expired issue Using Outlook 0
C Connect VBA(outllok) with JavaScript Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Outllok on multiple devices Using Outlook 3
C Outllok 2010 (14.0.7015.1000 (32bit) converts html mail to rich text when move Using Outlook 1
B Outllok 2013 - Automatically deleted emails Using Outlook 5
N Outllok adds unwanted period in my e-mail address Using Outlook 1
S Outllok 2007 VBA code to send mail automatically from drafts folder Using Outlook 1
J Outllok 2010 won't save changes to an attachment Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2003 looks like Outllok 97 issue Using Outlook 5
L Sending data from Outllok to Acces Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Best configuration for Outlook 2016, Gmail and iCloud Using Outlook 8
W Outlook Configuration Using Outlook 1
L use of Office configuration analyser New Slipstick.com Articles 0
J Issues in Canceling iCloud Configuration and Reverting to Local PST Configuration Using Outlook 0
Fozzie Bear Outlook 2010 or 2013 Dual Configuration Exchange + IMAP Exchange Server Administration 6
P can't set IRM configuration in Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 2
wallisellener Server configuration for BCM 2013 shared database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 15
D Outlook/Google Configuration Using Outlook 27
Fozzie Bear How does Outlook 2003 deals with IMAP configuration Using Outlook 8
L Outlook Contacts 2010 problem with Notes section configuration Using Outlook 22
B Can no longer get into my server configuration via the EMC Exchange Server Administration 1
M Initial Outlook Configuration with AutoDiscover populates wrong email address Using Outlook 5
B Exchange 2010 Configuration Question Internal Domain for External Clients Exchange Server Administration 6
J Stalled Configuration Using Outlook 1
A NetBackup 7.0 configuration for Exchange 2010 SP1 Exchange Server Administration 3
P 2 Member DAG - Members Virtualised running on non Clustered Hosts - supported Configuration? Exchange Server Administration 2
K Exchange 2010 Health explorer on configuration, performace & security state is blank Exchange Server Administration 2
M There is no "New Mailbox" option in Recipient Configuration. Exchange Server Administration 2
C Outlook 2010 configuration issue "exchange server is unavailable. Using Outlook 4
R Exchange 2010 setup failed: The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. 0x800736B1 Exchange Server Administration 3
R Microsoft Outlook 2016 - Gmail not sending, asks for password for SMTP, tried different ports Using Outlook 23
A Backup Email Accounts On OutLook For Mac 2016 (Microsoft 365 subscription version) Using Outlook 0
M Microsoft 365 Outlook keeps requesting password on Local Account Using Outlook 1
A calendar invites sent from Microsoft Outlook to Mac Outlook is not working Calendar Printing Assistant 3
N .pst archive from work will not open/import on Microsoft 365 Exchange Server Administration 0
A Microsoft Personal vs Work Accounts in Outlook Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7
DariTrevino MIcrosoft Outlook PST file cannot repair Using Outlook 1
S Adding new Exchange (2016) rule very slow down Microsoft Outlook Exchange Server Administration 0
P Microsoft Outlook is requesting data from the server Using Outlook 2
Commodore Microsoft Exchange Add-in Using Outlook 2
C Copy Task to Non-Microsoft PIM "Rainlendar" Using Outlook 0
J Unable to link email messages in BCM using a single microsoft office 365 account in outlook 2013 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
Diane Poremsky Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook Error Message New Slipstick.com Articles 0
J Microsoft Exchange Emails - Shared Accounts Exchange Server Administration 3
R Microsoft Outlook can't translate this document. Using Outlook 1
tswatek Microsoft Outlook has stopped working Using Outlook 13
I Microsoft Security Update KB3097877 Using Outlook 14
R Microsoft Outlook 2010 - Non Cached Mode Using Outlook 0
padubajacket Microsoft Outlook has stopped working Using Outlook 2
E Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Send Error Using Outlook 11