M

Magernisha

Hi All

I have one doubt in Ex2010 DAG concept. My setup is like below
1. Ex14dc - which contains DC,HUB & CAS
2. NodeA - Mailbox role installed
3. NodeB - Mailbox role installed

Questions

1. If IS service get stopped in NodeA will all the databases in NodeA get failover to NodeB? (i have DB copy in NodeB)
2. If manually i am dismounting one DB in NodeA will the failover happen to NodeB?

Can anyone please clear my doubt.

Nisha

M

Magernisha

Hi Amit

Thanks for your reply. but in my test environment its not happening. When i stop the IS service in any one of the node then the fail over is not happening at all. After stoping the service i tried to make a copy DB as a active one at that time i am getting the following error.

------------------------------------------------------Microsoft Exchange Error
------------------------------------------------------Cannot activate database copy 'Activate Database Copy...'.

Activate Database Copy...
Failed
Error:
An Active Manager operation failed. Error: An error occurred during discovery of the database availability group topology. Error: The database action failed. Error: [Active Manager] An exception occurred: An error occurred while trying to validate the specified database copy for possible activation. Error: Database copy 'MDB3' on server 'NodeA.test.in' has content index catalog files in the following state: 'Failed'... [Database: MDB3, Server: NodeA.test.in]

An Active Manager operation failed. Error: An error occurred while trying to validate the specified database copy for possible activation. Error: Database copy 'MDB3' on server 'NodeA.test.in' has content index catalog files in the following state: 'Failed'..

------------------------Note - I can switch over the server & fail over is happening when i down one node.

Can u pls help me on this?

L

Lee c y

Try killing the store.exe process on the active node instead of stopping IS gracefully.

B

Brian Day MCITP [MVP]

For 1. At the end of your error it sounds like your content index is in a failed state. If the CI is in a failed state, then the DB copy will not mount. You may need to reset the content index. There is a powershell script in the .\scripts directory to do this.

For 2. If you are dismounting a DB then you are flat out telling Exchange "I want this database dismonted so it cannot be accesse." and Exchange is doing just that for you and leaving the other copies unmounted as well.Brian Day / MCSA / CCNA, Exchange/AD geek.

C

CKZ-NLD

1. Suspend database copy
2. activate database copy: wait for the resync

It should work when status changed to HEALTHY and all indexes are ok.

J

jdatann

1. Suspend database copy
2. activate database copy: wait for the resync
It should work when status changed to HEALTHY and all indexes are ok.

I was getting the same error message above and doing as CKZ-NLD mentions fixed the problem. I was then able to move the active mailbox DB to a different node.

thanks

J

Jiří Janata

For 1. At the end of your error it sounds like your content index is in a failed state. If the CI is in a failed state, then the DB copy will not mount. You may need to reset the content index. There is a powershell script in the .\scripts directory to do this.
For 2. If you are dismounting a DB then you are flat out telling Exchange "I want this database dismonted so it cannot be accesse." and Exchange is doing just that for you and leaving the other copies unmounted as well. Brian Day / MCSA / CCNA, Exchange/AD geek. Hi, which skript can I use for reset content index? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Passive Mailbox database Resynchronization issue Exchange Server Administration 1
U Exchange 2010 & mailbox database Quotas Exchange Server Administration 1
F Outlook goes offline after changing RPCClientAccessServer parameter on mailbox database Exchange Server Administration 4
S Unable to restore Mailbox from Exchange server 2010 Mailbox Database. Exchange Server Administration 10
S add mailbox database error Exchange Server Administration 5
M cross forest DAG for mailbox database replication Exchange Server Administration 3
B Cannot perform Get-Mailbox -Identity DBname or create Database Copy Exchange Server Administration 2
B Mailbox Role - Safe to delete initially created database? Exchange Server Administration 7
V After Mailbox move a disconnected Mailbox is left behind in the old Database Exchange Server Administration 4
G Mailbox Database not mounting Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 4
A Exchange 2010 sp1. When i dismount a mailbox database occur error in event viewer Exchange Server Administration 5
S remove old mailbox database Exchange Server Administration 4
S Mailbox database migration required time Exch2003 to Exch2007 vs. Exch2003 to Exch2010 Exchange Server Administration 3
J Cannot create new mailbox database on exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 11
P Shortcut Pane - add shortcut to Office365 group mailbox Using Outlook 1
R How to get the Items object of the default mailbox of a specific account in a multiple account Outlook? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Assign Categories "Round Robin" style but in a shared mailbox but on specific emails only Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
C Your mailbox has been temporarily moved ... Using Outlook 2
P Auto assign shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A VBA macro for 15 second loop in send and received just for 1 specific mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R VBA for copying sent email to current folder under a shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 17
T How to Export mailbox from Outlook 2019 to MBOX format? Using Outlook 1
F Delete/create/reset Exchange mailbox on Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
A New email notification on shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
N Shared mailbox in cached mode Using Outlook 0
B Vba to monitor time to respond to emails using a shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
D Shared Mailbox question Exchange Server Administration 1
F How to show assigned tasks under certain mailbox? Using Outlook 4
S Import contacts to a shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Delete Emails from Senders in Shared Mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Office 365 - Outlook - Password protect your mailbox Using Outlook 7
C Changed By field not displaying individual user's name in O365 Shared Mailbox Using Outlook 9
D Move Emails between Folders in Separate Mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
M other user's mailbox won't open, forms disappeared Using Outlook 42
M Mailbox Size Outlook.com or Outlook 2011 Using Outlook 1
K Lost Rules. Assistant accesses my mailbox. Disappeared Using Outlook 0
S Recovering permanently deleted folder from shared mailbox Using Outlook 1
J Outlook - 2013 - Error msg when copying folders from Online Archives to another user's mailbox Using Outlook 0
Q VBA Script to move item in secondary mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
I Application_NewMailEx for shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Diane Poremsky Monitor secondary mailbox folder for new messages New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Mark White vba to create a shared mailbox folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D VBA macro printing attachments in shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
oliv- Treat once an email with the ItemAdd event in a shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
K VBA to measure response time for each emails in a shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
M Upgrade in Progress. Your mailbox is currently being optimized as part of upgrade to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 9
S Shared Mailbox Alert Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
O VBA rule on multiple computers using shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Migrate Office 365 mailbox to a different on-premises domain Using Outlook 1
T Checking mailbox emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0