Office Outlook 2010 Hangs when opening a calendar event.__

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RIP_Jarhead

Hi,

Office outlook 2010 hangs whenever opening a event item sent to us.

The mail just says looking for this meeting, and then hangs there doing nothing.

Outlook also hangs when you try open the calendar, and if you are able to open the calendar, then it hangs when you try to send a meeting request.

OS = Windows 7 x86

Office 2010 Pro Plus

R

RIP_Jarhead

Hi There,

The email account the person is using is and exchange account.

Yes it happens with all the meeting requests.

Will that document work for office 2010 as well, considering its for 2003 and 2007?

Thank you

Regards

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Will that document work for office 2010 as well, considering its for 2003 and 2007?

Yes, it applies to versions where the following is true:

This behavior may occur if Outlook is running an offline folder (.ost) file in non-Unicode mode on a server that is running Microsoft Exchange Server. If your profile was configured to run in offline mode before you upgraded to Outlook 2003 or to Outlook 2007, you are still using the old .ost file that does not support Unicode, and Outlook is still running in non-Unicode mode on the Exchange server.

If you made a new profile in Outlook 2010, it does not apply.

R

RIP_Jarhead

Yes, it applies to versions where the following is true:

This behavior may occur if Outlook is running an offline folder (.ost) file in non-Unicode mode on a server that is running Microsoft Exchange Server. If your profile was configured to run in offline mode before you upgraded to Outlook 2003 or to Outlook 2007, you are still using the old .ost file that does not support Unicode, and Outlook is still running in non-Unicode mode on the Exchange server.

If you made a new profile in Outlook 2010, it does not apply.

Hi,

So upgrading from 2007 to 2010 isn't ideal, it would be best to remove 2007 and install 2010 from scratch.

But this article should help none the less if you just upgraded?

Thank you

Regards

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
So upgrading from 2007 to 2010 isn't ideal, it would be best to remove 2007 and install 2010 from scratch.

It depends... was the profile new in Outlook 2007 (or 2003)? If so, its already a unicode file format. You can't have two outlook's installed at once so unless you have the click to run version of Home & Business, installing Outlook 2010 removed Outlook 2010. (and if you have click to run, you have a new profile in it)

Do you know what version of Exchange you connect to?

R

RIP_Jarhead

It depends... was the profile new in Outlook 2007 (or 2003)? If so, its already a unicode file format. You can't have two outlook's installed at once so unless you have the click to run version of Home & Business, installing Outlook 2010 removed Outlook 2010. (and if you have click to run, you have a new profile in it)

Do you know what version of Exchange you connect to?

I would guess that it is Exchange 2007. I myself don't connect to it. Only select users. I don't manage it or anything like that either. It's managed by our clients. It's their server.

C

Caleb_S

Outlook 2010 also hangs when opening the calendar after upgrading from 2007. I have created an entirely new profile and it still doesn't work.

C

Caleb_S

So get this. After doing a repair on the office install, rebooting and creating a new profile it didn't work. The only bit thing that remained from Outlook 2007 was my archive file. I closed the archive file and bam! I could now access my calendar without any issues. I then proceeded to open the archive file again because I need access to it. While I had access to both initially, the problem returned when restarting outlook. I then learned that if I opened my archive file before accessing my calendar it would work... odd.

That is as far as I have gotten right now. I suspect repairing the archive file or perhaps moving it to a new archive file will resolve the problem.

C

Caleb_S

repairing the archive file did not work. It appears that there is two options. Leave my archive folder open and expanded at all times or try moving the data to a brand new archive file created with outlook 2010. I will post back on what I find.

C

Caleb_S

Moving my archived files to a newly created archive file solved the problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Outlook 2010 & office 365 ...what a mess Using Outlook 1
E Upgrade Issues - Office/Outlook 2007 to 2010 Using Outlook 0
P Outlook 2013 Office 2010 Hybrid Using Outlook 4
D Particular Facebook "Hyperlink" Issue In Office 2010 Outlook (32 bit) Using Outlook 5
D Will Outlook 2010 work with Office 2013 H&S that was preinstalled Using Outlook 2
H Reocurring outlook appointment (office 2010) does not update Outlook.com Using Outlook 3
B Outlook 2010 won't preview Office attachments Using Outlook 3
J Office + Outlook 2013 installed, but I need to install Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
B MS Office 2010: Word email merge not selecting default Outlook account Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2010 won't launch after installin Microsoft office 2010 service pack 1 Using Outlook 1
J New setup of MS Office 2010 and Outlook on new PC but have old .pst file from previous PC Dilema Using Outlook 2
C Microsoft Office Outlook 2010, Windows 7 Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2010 Journal does not record activities on Office 2007 files Using Outlook 1
L Sharing: Office/Outlook 2010. Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2007 Slow Since Office 2010 Installed Using Outlook 1
O Office 2010 OCT and Outlook Address Books Using Outlook 4
N Exchange 2007 SP1 + Outlook 2007/2010 - Autodiscover for Outlook Anywhere and Out of Office not working Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2010 can not access Out of office Exchange Server Administration 2
M Outlook profile migration during Office 2010 upgrade? Using Outlook 1
S Re: Outlook 2010 crashes when upgraded from Office 2007 Using Outlook 1
W Cannot Search Outlook Folders - Office 2010 Installed on Server 2008 R2 Using Outlook 2
T Outlook 2010 crashes when upgraded from Office 2007 Using Outlook 1
F Office 2010 Mail merge into Work 2010 using a specific Outlook catagory filter. Using Outlook 2
G I just purchased MS Office and am having a problem with Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 6
W Cannot Search Outlook Folders - Office 2010 Installed on Server 2008 R2 Using Outlook 3
G Outlook 2010 files is not working due to missing .pst files although rest of Office suite is working Using Outlook 4
B synchronizing error with windows 7 and office outlook 2010. error 4102 Using Outlook 2
D Office 2010 outlook trial Using Outlook 4
J will outlook 2010 work with office 2007 if I remove outlook 2007 (Separate Licence) Using Outlook 2
T Outlook 2010 32bit, Office Communicator 2007 R2 32bit client and Office Communicator 2007 Server cau Using Outlook 1
K I loaded Office Home and Business 2010 and Outlook will not load. I still have Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 3
T I have Office Professional 2010 and Microsoft Outlook has stopped working Close the Program__ Using Outlook 2
J Delay sending emails in Office Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2010 - get 'corrupt file' message when I try to open attachments (office documents) Using Outlook 2
G MS Office/Outlook 2010, when using a secondary inbox along with your default/primary inbox in 'Cashed Exchange mode' Using Outlook 3
A Outlook Exchange with Windows 7 & MS Office 2010 Using Outlook 1
L Cannot preview office attachements in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 4
L Installing Office 2010 Outlook 64 bit over 32 bit Using Outlook 3
H Outlook 2010 l No sync at home Office with DSL Internet Connection (cached Mode) Using Outlook 2
O Out of office error message in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
T "Out of Office" rules in error Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
C Is Office Outlook 2010 compatible with the Office 2003 PST file? Using Outlook 2
J Office 2010 uninstalls Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
F Outlook 2007 appears broken after Office 2010 uninstall: problem with MAPI and mspst.dll Using Outlook 6
E After 2010 Office Beta expired, my 2007 Outlook version stopped working properly. Can not access correct profile and synchronization with Blackberry p Using Outlook 1
S I bought the office 2010 version without the outlook licens.__ Using Outlook 1
J Outlook won't open after installing Office 2010 Using Outlook 1
G Installed Office 2010 for home and business. All work but OutLook. It will not load. Error screen says that it cannot connect to the email. Using Outlook 2
H Outlook - Meu Microsoft Office professional plus 2010 (Tecnical Preview) Expirou Using Outlook 1
E My Microsoft Office 2010 Beta version has expired. How do I backup my Outlook contacts and email bef Using Outlook 1