Does Microsoft Office Accounting Professional 2009 integrate correctly with Outlook 2010?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Barry Greene

I am still using Microsoft Office Accounting for my consulting business. I am looking into moving to something else, but doing so will probably cost me close to $1000 in other software. Will Office Accounting integrate correctly with the Outlook 2010 BCM and Calendar?

S

Scovndrel The Destroyer

I am still using Microsoft Office Accounting for my consulting business. I am looking into moving to something else, but doing so will probably cost me close to $1000 in other software. Will Office Accounting integrate correctly with the Outlook 2010 BCM and Calendar?

Barry, did you find the answer? I'm looking at the same question myself. I tried to duplicate the easy workflow that comes with the Outlook/BCM/Accounting workflow using QuickBooks, but it was terrible.

Thanks for the follow-up.

J

Jimkuch

I saw a posting on another board that Microsoft IS NOT supporting Outlook 2010 BCM integration with Accounting 2009. In my own experience, not only does Outlook 2010 BCM not integrate with Accounting 2009, it actually has made it impossible to load my Accounting 2009 files at all! Accounting looks at the data file, thinks it needs an upgrade, trys to do the upgrade upgrade but fails due to a Signature Mismatch on the MV Account Details Table. It will not even restore a backup.

SO IF YOU ARE AN ACCOUNTING EXPRESS USER DO NOT UPGRADE TO OUTLOOK 2010!!!!!

K

Kidzoom

I spoke with a very helpful and knowledgable tech at MS Professional support. They are actually in the US. She informed very respectfully and somewhat apologetic, that because a legal challenge lost by Microsoft has prevented MS from integrating 2010 with the MS Accounting program. Apparently MS utilized a third party source to connect accomplish the integration. This third party was not satisfied with the arrangement and found resolution in the courtroom. Unfortunate for users. It would make sense for that third party to offer a solution at a market price. Or MS create a solution. However, I think MS did not make money with MS Accounting. (The tech intmated the court case is available online.)

MS Accounting 2007 will still integrate with Outlook 2007 and BCM 2007. That is an option, but 2010 is a great upgrade. And MS has discontinued MS Accounting as of 2009.

If you upgrade to 2010, you can create all your clients anew in MS Accounting and track them there. However, there will be no connection to Outlook/BCM.

It would be great if a third party developer could write an add on to accomplish this. I would VC such an undertaking.

I hope this provides insight. I know it does not solve the problem.

Andy

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I wonder if the legal issues are why there isn't an accounting 2010... but because its discontinued, i doubt anyone would put the time and effort into integrating it. (I assumed it was discontinued because it didn't sell well and the integration was lost because they typically only support the same office version.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C Does Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac sync the Task function in Outlook to an Iphone? Using Outlook 1
M iPad does not Sync with Microsoft Outlook 2010 Contacts, Calendar, Etc. Using Outlook 2
P Does Microsoft Exchange Server EWS support WS-Security standard Exchange Server Administration 3
V Outlook 2016 Does Outlook-2016 (64 bit) work with iCloud for Windows ? Using Outlook 4
F Junk Email does not get added to the Blocked Sender List Using Outlook 4
N Free/busy publish at http location does not work Using Outlook 1
T Why does outlook 2010 convert only some forum notifications to plain text? Using Outlook 0
R Auto display of new email does not work on non-default account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Deleting attachments does not reduce file size Using Outlook 0
M vCard does not have user-defined fields from my custom contact form (365) Using Outlook 1
M Outlook .com group does not show up in Outlook for office 365 home Using Outlook 3
W Outlook Calendar does not save view any longer! Using Outlook 3
B Outlook 2016 Does not Shutdown Correctly Using Outlook 3
P Desktop doesn't index Outlook IMAP files, laptop Outlook does index those same IMAP files Using Outlook 2
G Entered data in custom field goes in card and does not stay in list view Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
witzker social connector 2010 does not show all emails to or from contact Using Outlook 3
witzker social connector 2010 does not show all emails to or from contact New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Rupert Dragwater Email flag does not show up in Outlook2013 Using Outlook 13
J Outlook 2016 message content does not display - outlook.com; exchange Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 9
D Outlook 2016 IMAP Connection Returns All Email but outlook.com does NOT Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
A BCM does not work anymore! BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
D Outlook 2016: /altvba startup switch does not work Using Outlook 2
A BCM does not work with Windows 10 1703 any more BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
S Outlook does not open the .pst file created by the Outlook Using Outlook 5
Q Undisclosed recipients does not include sender Using Outlook 1
N Does a Shared Folder Policy override a Digital Signature Setting for macros? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
E What does mean this icon at the picture attached? Using Outlook 2
O Windows 10 x64 Outlook 2013 - URL does not open (anymore) Using Outlook 3
M How does Outlook determine item numbers in a folder? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
LarryS change day template as cpao does not see .catx files Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
C Discovery search does not show autoforwarded messages Exchange Server Administration 1
C Unchecking "Send immediately when connected" does not work on apps that call Outlook Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2010 VBScript editor does not run code at all Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Mark Foley Time span on WebDAV published Calendars does not appear to be working Using Outlook 7
snhnic Macro that does not overwrite but add a number Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Rupert Dragwater Deleting email from Deleted Items does not work Using Outlook 0
G Outlook does not show new appointments in To-Do-Bar Using Outlook 0
G Calendar does not point to deafult data file Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky What does the "J" mean? New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Christiaan Could not complete operation because the service provider does not support it Using Outlook 2
Simon How does the sender/organizer to dictate the color of a meeting invitation. Using Outlook 3
C bcm 2010 download does not recognize outlook Using Outlook 3
A Does Outlook import Gmail Archive? Using Outlook 1
1Firefly Outlook 2013 Converstation preview does not show my last reply Exchange Server Administration 1
K CommandButton1 does not respond Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J What exactly does the BCM Database tool actually do? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
Alex Hall When updating shared calendar, it does not automatically update personal calendar Using Outlook 3
T outlook 2013 does not mark multiple forward messages as forward Using Outlook 2
C Outlook 2013 - Email Gets Sent - But Does Not Move From Outbox to Sent Box Using Outlook 4
U pfbackup does not work Using Outlook 2