outlook 2007 hangs on send/receive on intial start up with 5 seconds left

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jamieg308

When ever i start outlook 2007 it does a send/receive but it stops with 5 seconds to go and hangs, the only way i can get it started again is to close outlook, open task manager, kill outlook.exe and then reopen outlook. It works fine from there until i reboot the machine and open outlook again.

I have tried removing all add-ins, creating new mail profile, scanpst, disabled anti virus mail scan.

I am using outlook connector and was wodnering if this could be causing the issue.

N

Niranjan I K

Do you get any error message?

Find the detailed error message in Event Viewer using the steps givenhere and reply with the same.

J

jamieg308

Hi there

No i dont get any error message at all, it just hangs with syncronizing folders, everytime i check the send/receive progress it indicates 5 seconds left. i created a new mail profile with a brand new pst file over the weekend and it was working fine until this morning. I had to then close outlook, open task manager shutdown outlook.exe and then reopen outlook from then on it wokrs fine until i power down the machine.

The errro message i get in event veiwer is only the message where i shutdown outlook.exe as below

ID: 6, Application Name: Microsoft Office Outlook, Application Version: 12.0.6535.5005, Microsoft Office Version: 12.0.6425.1000. This session was terminated unexpectedly.

Any assistance would be greatly apprecited.

J

jamieg308

The problem is still persisting, i have 5 POP3 accounts and now it is hanging on send/receive of each one. This afternoon i have removed Outlook Connector and deleted the ost files asscoaited with Connector and it seems to have solved the problem.

I will let it run for a while and see if it has actually solved the issue.

J

jamieg308

After removing outlook connector everything worked perfectly since it was removed on July 27th.

Today i installed Outlook Connector 32 Bit version 14.0.4730.1010 and installed 2 hotmail accounts, as soon as doing this outlook began to hang on initial send and receive as it was previosly doing.

Is anyone experiencing this same issue, it is really annoying as i really need to access hotmail accounts

D

D Horse

Hi folks,

I was not able to repair sync issues with Outlook Connector 32Bit (Vista, Outlook 2003, 600 email per day.) Deleting the hotmail configuration file works temporarily but the problem recurs. I have very few references to the problem on line, none of which provided a solution but there are several fixes of a general nature that I have not tried.

Instead, I changed my setting in hotmail to forward all email to another POP3 accountand discontinued use of the Connector. You can group email by the server it comes from if that is an issue. This has worked well pending a solution on the Connector issue or more time to try various other general fixes.

Regards, Dave Horsman

D

dchamb

I have been having the same problems for quite some time now and like the posts on this board, I have removed add-ins and rebuilt the .pst files, but the problem continues. I have 2 POP accounts plus the Outlook Connector. I don't believe it is the Outlook Connector because I have Outlook 2007 on my laptop using it and I don't have the problem there. The only difference that I can see is that on my laptop I have only one POP3 account.

My desktop Outlook (the one with the problems) has other issues too, such as I have it set up to download headers for emails over a certain size, but if I download the rest of the message and then click on it to see it, it loses all the attachments.

Microsoft apparently is not acknowledging any of these issues with Outlook 2007. I am reluctant to go to Outlook 2010 because I don't know if the problem exists with it or not.

Dale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Outlook 2007 Running on Windows 7 hangs on send Using Outlook 7
R Preparing to Send hangs Outlook 2007 after recent Windows Update... Using Outlook 5
S Outlook 2007 hangs under Windows 7 - after iTunes sync... Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 2007 hangs on a message that is displayed in preview mode Using Outlook 4
M Sent Email hangs in taskbar with Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 2007 hangs on receiving last message Using Outlook 3
C Outlook 2007 hangs on send/receive for unread AOL IMAP messages Using Outlook 3
P Outlook 2007/Exchange hangs all the time. Can I make it connect to Exchange on demand only? Using Outlook 1
L Outlook 2007 hangs - AppHangB1 Using Outlook 3
J Outlook 2007 with connector hangs when updating GMail account Using Outlook 3
O Outlook 2007 hangs when opening Tasks Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 2007 and 2010 - hangs at "Loading Profile" on startup Using Outlook 11
W Outlook.exe for Outlook 2007 and 2010 hangs on closing, when Office Communicator 2007 R2 client is r Using Outlook 6
T Outlook 2007 hangs when cursor passes over a hyperlink Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2007 caendar hangs when I select today's day BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
J Outlook 2007 hangs when Calendar tab is clicked Exchange Server Administration 49
S Verwendung von Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 0
A Arthur needs help with 2007 Outlook e-mail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
M PST import from Outlook 2007 to 2010 - Address Book contacts all in 1 group Using Outlook 4
S outlook 2007 calendar search Using Outlook 6
B Migrate Outlook 2007 to Office 365 Using Outlook 3
X I have met my waterloo trying to resolve embedded graphics problem with outlook 2007 and now 2016 Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2007 only loads some appointments Using Outlook 0
C Move Outlook 2007 to new PC with Outlook 365 Using Outlook 3
J Outlook 2007 Hide Messages Option not Available Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2007 Calendar instant search problem. Windows 7 Using Outlook 4
S Outlook 2007 Calendar instant search problem. Windows 7 Using Outlook 0
B Server errors Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
S Reboot of frozen windows7 results in changed outlook 2007 settings Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2007 printing wrong email address at top of page Using Outlook 8
M Configure outlook 2007 to accept digital signatures Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2007 crashes when opening an email Using Outlook 2
R New chap saying hello and needing advice on Outlook 2007 thumbnails Using Outlook 3
icacream From Outlook 2007 to 2016 ! Using Outlook 9
vodkasoda Object could not be found Error in Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
S Outlook 2007: Address Cards allow entering text! Why? Using Outlook 3
S View Appointment in Text Wrap in Outlook 2007 Month Calendar View Using Outlook 0
L Outlook 2007 Separate the Send/Receive functions Using Outlook 2
M Outlook 2007 Contacts Glitch: Creating a new email Using Outlook 1
C Move from Outlook 2007 Enterprise (MOE) to Outlook Pro plus 2007 Using Outlook 1
J reinstalling Outlook 2007 asking for user name & password Using Outlook 14
P outlook addin unloaded in office 2007 Using Outlook 0
B Fonts in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 4
R Add Exchange Account to existing POP3 Outlook 2007 Profile Using Outlook 0
C out of space in file group Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
A Moving archived contents in Outlook 2007 back into working folders Using Outlook 0
P Outlook 2007 Email Categorization using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Unable to Configure Gmail Account in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2007 or 2010 - Lock Down Functionality Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Outlook 2007, windows 10 Font size Using Outlook 1