Entourage 2008 EWS sync issue with Exchange 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jimsuds

I have several users that are having inbox sync issues with Entourage 2008 EWS and Exchange 2010. Some mail takes hours or won't download to Entourage at all. When viewing their accounts via OWA I can see the missing messages. Entourage seems to know that they exist because in the lower right corner of Entourage of one of the users I can see the activity message, "Inbox:Downloading...0 of 6" and it counts all the way up to "Inbox:Downloading...6 of 6". It keeps doing this with the number of messages increasing for everyone that is not actually downloading. The other users that are having the syncing issue have the exact same symptoms. I have done everything I can think of and everything I have read online but the problems persists. Here is what I have done as of this morning, rebuilt databases, deleted and recreated accounts, reinstalled Office, emptied the Cache, run permission repair on the macs, rebooted the macs. None of this has helped. There is nothing common about the macs either. Some are running 10.5, some 10.6, and there is a mix of MacBooks and iMacs of different years. The only thing that all the users (working users and problem users) have in common is their account setups. Thanks for any help!

S

Scott H. Robinson

If ther're on 10.6 i would recommend using mac mail as it now has native exchange support via EWS. As for your problem i haven't seen what you are mentioning before but i will take a look around and see if i can find anything.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. If the post wasn't the exact answer or was helpful in leading you to the answer, please vote it as helpful. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

J

jimsuds

Unfortunately only one of the users having problems is on 10.6. But for that user I will try Mail.

G

Gavin-Zhang

Hi jim,
Please updeate all the issue clients client to the latest version, and make a test.
Regards!
Gavin

J

jimsuds

Clients are all running the latest version of Entourage EWS (13.0.5) and the problem persists. I have shrunk down their online storage to between 150 and 300MB to see if storage size was the issue, that didn't help either. Deleting and recreating the account seems to help for about a day or two. I have not had the chance to test out Snow Leopard Mail yet to see if it has the same issue.

J

jimsuds

Just updated to Entourage EWS (13.0.6) and the problem remains...

M

microhelp

My client has what may be a related issue: he has 4000+ contacts loaded on the Exchange 2010 server (hosted by Intermedia), but Entourage 2008 EWS 13.0.6 will only download 1800+ of them. We've tried multiple computers, multiple identities and allowed plenty of time. Once the number displayed gets to a little above 1800, the Progress window continues to show the remaining Contacts as downloading, (235/2460, then 244/2460, etc.) but the number displayed in Entourage doesn't change. The same user was on Exchange 2003/Entourage 2008 until a month ago and never had this problem. Don't know if EWS has some limit on the number of contacts it can sync?

T

tweller

We are having the same issue with 3 users. They can see the mail in OWA but not in Entourage. Emptying the cache works for a day or so but that's it. We are using the latest EWS as well.

T

tbolton

We are having the same issue with many of our Entourage users (probably exceeding 50 at this point). They can see the mail in OWA or on their ActiveSync devices, but not in Entourage. We are using the 13.0.4 EWS and are getting ready to put a couple of the users on 13.0.6 for testing. This is causing us a lot of grief with our users. We have tried Apple mail and in some cases that is fine, but it doesn't manage delegates and many of our users require this. Anyone have any suggestions?

J

jimsuds

Looks like the only solution is Outlook 2011 when it comes out later this month...I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Installing Entourage 2008 Web Services Edition Using Outlook 1
J entourage 2008 Using Outlook 1
S Import Messages to Outlook 2007 2010 and 2011 Beta From Entourage 2008 Using Outlook 7
J Entourage not working with Exchange 2007 on Server 2008 Using Outlook 37
H How do I import all my old email from Entourage 2004 (I have put email in separated folders), into my smart box of Outlook 2011 ? Thanks__ Using Outlook 2
C Saving Entourage 2004 for Mac files to Outlook 2011 for Mac Using Outlook 1
J outlook 2011 for mac not connecting to exchange 2007, previous entourage does & i can ping the serve Using Outlook 1
B Entourage and Exchange 2003 SP2 Using Outlook 1
N Entourage creates X-MSG link that freezes Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
S Exchange 2010 - Out of Office not working - MAC Entourage cannot connect to EWS (Default Web Site) Exchange Server Administration 1
E 2 Entourage EWS clients connected to the same mailbox cause random read messages to appear unread Using Outlook 1
L Microsoft Entourage: Can not receive email Using Outlook 1
D Mac Client Entourage/Outlook 2011 Using Outlook 2
D Where is Entourage 8 12.2.6 located? 12.2.7 is Hopelessly flawed. Using Outlook 1
B Mac clients using Entourage and Outlook experiencing delayed email Exchange Server Administration 20
J Microsoft Entourage Exchange Server Administration 1
D How do I convert Entourage for Mac data to Outlook for Windows Using Outlook 2
H Entourage hanging__ Using Outlook 1
P Entourage crashes & stuck mail Using Outlook 1
P outlook 2008 search box criteria couldn't be saved Using Outlook 2
P BCM 2013, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (SP2), attachment issue n database size BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
M BCM in Outlook reports maximum database size to 4GB despite SQL Server 2008 R2 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
N Outlook refuses to show embedded images on Citrix Windows 2008 R2 Using Outlook 29
B can not establish BCM 2010 connection to Shared DB on SQL 2008 Express BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
K Backup recommendation for Exchange 2010 SP1 on Hyperv 2008 R2 Exchange Server Administration 3
J Setup mail for Exchange 2010 through Active Directory on Server 2008 R2 Standard Exchange Server Administration 3
F Custom permissions using SQL 2008 Enterprise with Business Cotact Manager for Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
C Enable or install Digital ID for Exchange Users on SBS 2008 Exchange Server Administration 2
R Dynamic DNS update requirement for Exchange 2010 (SP1 RU1) on server 2008 r2 Exchange Server Administration 8
B Re: Upgrade windows server 2008 std R2 to Windows server 2008 Ent R2 with exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 1
R Post Patch Issues (2008 R2 w/ Exchange 2010) Exchange Server Administration 5
D Exchange wont install server 2008 std SP2? Exchange Server Administration 15
W Cannot Search Outlook Folders - Office 2010 Installed on Server 2008 R2 Using Outlook 2
S Unable to add nodes in windows server 2008 failover cluster Exchange Server Administration 2
W Cannot Search Outlook Folders - Office 2010 Installed on Server 2008 R2 Using Outlook 3
H Outlook Contacts gone after connecting to Server 2008 Using Outlook 1
L Server 2008 R2 Outlook 2003 SP3 Using Outlook 1
L Server 2008 R2 Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 3
A windows 2003 server with exchange2003 server migrate to windows 2008 std with exchange server 2010 Exchange Server Administration 1
J Migrate from SBS 2008 to Windows Server 2008 R2 (Exchange 2010) Exchange Server Administration 8
Y Windows server 2008 and exchange 2010 certificate issue Exchange Server Administration 14
J Exchange 2010 on server 2008 64 bit understanding the process Exchange Server Administration 4
C Migrating Server Roles From Physical Windows Server 2008 to a virtual server Windows 2008 R2 Exchange Server Administration 2
C Change the port used by "Console for Exchange Server 2010" in IIS Windows Server 2008 R2 Exchange Server Administration 2
G Server 2008 R2 w/Exchange 2010 restore to identical hardware Exchange Server Administration 5
J Problems accessing console of Exchange 2010 on Windows Server 2008 R2 Please help me Exchange Server Administration 4
S Services Startup Problems - Exchange 2010 - Server 2008 R2 - Hyper-V Exchange Server Administration 2
T Prerequisites softwares for installing exchange 2010 edge transport server on windows 2008 R2 Exchange Server Administration 1
S plz Help: i cant disable password complexity in Windows Server 2008 R2 Exchange Server Administration 5
I add the domains into AD Domains and Services windows server 2008 Exchange Server Administration 2