Exchange 2010 and outlook clients mails delays/delete and other problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dingel

Hi All

i am in a middle of migration form ex2k3 to ex2k10 and after i moved approx 600 users i have started to notice strange behavior as follow:

1.some outlook clients are expriencing delay in incoming mail (store delivery) either on online mode or cache mode-even though the email is in the owa immedietlly the users cannot see it on outlook client on both modes-only after pressing f9.

2.when a user try to delete email the emails are not disappearing -but on owa they are gone -only when he presses the f9 they are deleted from client view.

Things i have done to so far:

client side:

1.download new ost -still same

2.create new profile -still same

3.switch to online -still same

4.tried three outlook clients 2003,2007,2010 -same

server side:

1.tried to move the users to a diffrent db -same

2.move the db to be active on another server -same

3.checked perfmon logs for rpc latency or failed rpc requests -all is ok

4.used exbpa -all is ok

5.used extra all is ok

6.start tracing and advanced logging for mailbox and rpc related didnt find nothing.

it looks like client side issue but it showed up suddenly -i know that becouse on owa every thing works fine.

a bit on the topology:

3 servers with hub,cas and client access array

1 dag with two mailbox servers

Thanks a lot

D

dingel

Hi Anil most of the dbs are at one server,and i have also run get-mailboxdatabasecopystatus and all is healthy

also about the article the problem occures on all clients of outlook.

for example am using outlook 2010 and i have reporoduced the issue:

i have opened owa send my self an email and it never gets to my outlook on cache mode or online mode -only after applying the f9

in owa it is there immediatly even in my mobile device offcourse.

do you still think that the article concerns my issue?

Thanks Anil

K

Kevin Ca

Hi Dingel,

I agree that we should verify whether or not you are hitting a known issue.

In your case, you are stating the issue happens with Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010 as well. These use the asynchronous notification process that do not rely on UDP notifications. However, in some cases they will still try to use UDP.

It would be worth running these steps below to verify what they are using:
Start Outlook 2007.
Press CTRL, and then right-click the Outlook icon in the Notification Area that is located in the rightmost corner of your Windows Taskbar. Click Connection Status in the menu that appears. In the Microsoft Exchange Connection Status dialog box, scroll to the right side until you see the Notif column. Note the value that is in the Notif column for the row whose Type column value is Mail.

The Notif column will display one of the following three values:
Async UDP Poll

Also, i would at the very least make sure that you do have the latest rollup installed for Exchange:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=09b4973e-3a80-4fb9-9f60-5c6e2b7a2727&displaylang=en
I have seen a couple of other things cause this issue as well.
Do you have CAS setup in an NLB?
Have you tried resetting applicable routers/switches?
Thanks,
Kevin Ca
MSFT

S

Six_Waffles

Hi Kevin, I have the exact, and I mean, the exact issue as Dingel. What's different are the circumstances surrounding the issue when it first came up.

We had applied the Outlook 2007 Group Policy Template to our 2003 AD in order to switch over everyone to cached exchange mode. We are currently running Exchange 2010, a recent upgrade from 2003 about a month or so back.

Once we switched everyone over to cached exchange mode, we have the exact symptoms. People can receive email damn near instantaneous on their phones and OWA, but Outlook will not receive in upwards of several hours or an F9.

I followed the steps in your last post. Both rows in which the Type column is Mail, have a Notif value of Async.

Many thanks in advance!

S

shunail

Similar issue with me. Clients using their Outlook 2003 (on Exchange 2010) upon deleting the mail, remains in their inbox unless refreshes. Most of the client select multiple email and delete and when email sits there, they try deleting again, in consequence they delete good email too... Its frustrating... Please ANYONE help...

S

Six_Waffles

Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2010 don't play nice together out of the box. There's a registry edit you need to conduct on the Exchange 2010 box to increase the frequency of polling.

If you Google Outlook 2003 Exchange 2010 registry edit polling, you'll find your answer. Or go here:

http://eightwone.com/2010/01/27/exchange-2010-outlook-2003-notificiations/

As for our issue, we are all using Outlook 2007 clients with an Exchange 2010. Our research had led to whether the UDP packets that Exchange sends out to notify Outlook clients of new email were being blocked somehow.

The fix for us: we disabled the built-in firewall on the Exchange box (residing on a 2008 r2 server). After the reboot, all is well.

D

dingel

Hi

What Actually fixed my problem was fail over of the dbs with the problems to the other node.

Thanks for Helping Guys

T

thunder80

I'm having the exact same issue as dingel. I have nearly an identical setup (4 servers in a DAG instead of 2)

I have tried all the troubleshooting steps provided but nothing has worked. We are still seeing delays in Outlook 2007 and 2010. OWA and EAS receive emails almost immediately.

I can't "fail over the DB's with the problems to the other node" as we have had site outages that require the DB's active on different servers. Not all users in a DB have the email delay issue.

Any help is appreciated.

J

Jo swa

Hello valuable helpers.....,
First I thank to you for you have spent some time for me..

I have download the Exchange Server 2010 SP1 Web Services SDK.

Currently I'm develping the Message Tracking program using Exchange server 2010 Web service(EWS). I have used the

FindMessageTrackingReport(findMessageTrackReportType) method in my sample. I have added the webservice using Add Web Reference option in VB 2005 Express Edition.I have Checked the Message log enable option In Exchange server 2010 server configuration using Exchange Management Console.

I didn't get any result, when I send the request then the server responses also succesful and with out any error.

Always My result is,
DescriptiveLinkKey 0
descriptiveLinkKeyField 0
descriptiveLinkKeyFieldSpecified False
DescriptiveLinkKeySpecified False
Diagnostics Nothing
diagnosticsField Nothing
MessageText Nothing
messageTextField Nothing
MessageTrackingSearchResults Nothing
messageTrackingSearchResultsField Nothing
MessageXml Nothing
messageXmlField Nothing
ResponseClass Success {0}
responseClassField Success {0}
ResponseCode NoError {0}
responseCodeField NoError {0}
responseCodeFieldSpecified True
ResponseCodeSpecified True

Here I am not using any filter option. Because I want to retrive all the messages and manualy I have checked whether the log file have or not. Log file also avalable in this location" C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\TransportRoles\Logs" from Exchange server 2010 machine.

Please I need your help. and am waitng for your replay

thanks , thanks a lot for u....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Exchange 2010 / Outlook 20070 "client error in synchronization log" Exchange Server Administration 1
P Outlook 2010 MS Exchange Calendar to Android- ical or webdav? Using Outlook 1
Fozzie Bear Outlook 2010 or 2013 Dual Configuration Exchange + IMAP Exchange Server Administration 6
Digitally Hip Outlook 2010 (32) and Exchange 2010 (sp3) sender info not displaying in Outlook Using Outlook 1
N Outlook 2010 exchange - auto-move emails from @domain Exchange Server Administration 1
V Outlook 2013 cant stay connected to exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 5
L Weird Inbox problems Outlook 2010/13 and Exchange Exchange Server Administration 2
R Exchange 2013/Outlook 2010 Slow Startups Exchange Server Administration 8
Z Outlook 2010 client to Exchange ,,,,search not working proparly Exchange Server Administration 0
M First post -help with managing two calendars Outlook 2010 /Exchange 2010 Using Outlook 0
T Outlook INBOX emails gone back 2-3 weeks after Exchange Server 2010 Restart Using Outlook 0
A Exchange 2003 Outlook 2010 64 Bit- AutoDiscover Connection Err - Certificate Exchange Server Administration 9
C Outlook 2010, two exchange mailboxes configured.Unable to see 2ndrymeeting req Using Outlook 2
A File - Save Attachments does nothing in Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2010 ... Using Outlook 3
B Sharing Multiple Outlook 2010 Calendars (Exchange) Exchange Server Administration 4
B Using hosted exchange to sync outlook 2010 calendars and contacts to BB Z10 Using Outlook 4
S Outlook 2010/Exchange 2010 Multi Mailboxes (Server unavailable) Using Outlook 6
O outlook 2010, owa, exchange Exchange Server Administration 2
D why do exchange contacts not sync properly from outlook 2011 to outlook 2010 Exchange Server Administration 2
C Exchange 2010 - Outlook 2010 - Exchange Server Administration 4
Fozzie Bear Outlook 2010 wont remember Exchange Credentials on log off /shutdown of Win7 Exchange Server Administration 2
I Shared Contacts in Outlook 2010 and Exchange Server 2010 Using Outlook 4
A emails disappearing from inbox outlook 2010 exchange server 2010 major trouble Exchange Server Administration 6
B Outlook 2010 won't configure exchange account, 0kb .ost file Exchange Server Administration 5
R Thousand of sync issues on Outlook clients with Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 5
T Exchange / Outlook 2010 - How to cancel meetings but retain the calendar entry Using Outlook 4
S Outlook Quick Steps - Exchange 2003 / Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 2
A Exchange 2010 Outlook 2010 and Local Failures sync issue Exchange Server Administration 5
B Exchange 2010 / Outlook 2010 - Group Folder issues Exchange Server Administration 6
T Outlook 2010/Exchange 2003: Meeting Organizer doesn't show Using Outlook 1
C Outlook/Exchange 2010 Recover Deleted Items to original folder Using Outlook 2
R Change Outlook 2010 Exchange server address via registry or script Using Outlook 5
T Outlook 2010 Mutliple Exchange Accounts SET UP QUESTIONS Using Outlook 4
M How to Configure Multiple Exchange Accounts in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
M Outlook 2010 stopped connecting with Exchange server Using Outlook 1
S New Outlook 2003 Clients with Existing Exchange 2010 error's Exchange Server Administration 6
N Exchange 2010 RPC Over HTTPS, outlook keep trying port 135 Exchange Server Administration 9
E Outlook 2010 stopped work with Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 1
T How to Assign Retention Tags for Notes Items in Exchange/Outlook 2010? Exchange Server Administration 0
J Exchange 2010 + Disable ActiveSync/Outlook Anywhere/POP/IMAP/ By Default Exchange Server Administration 5
B Outlook 2007 New email notification works intermittently after adding Exchange 2010 Servers Exchange Server Administration 1
M Outlook 2010-Sync with Exchange server 2007 Using Outlook 2
S Exchange 2010 outlook 2010 outlook anywhere cached mode Exchange Server Administration 2
J Suggested times does not work with Outlook 2010 in combination with Exchange 2007 SP2? Using Outlook 2
N Exchange 2007 SP1 + Outlook 2007/2010 - Autodiscover for Outlook Anywhere and Out of Office not working Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2010 Connectivity with Exchange 2007 Using Outlook 5
M Outlook 2010 auto setup of Exchange account Using Outlook 1
O No SSL-IMAP connection Outlook <-> Exchange 2010 after latest client updates? Using Outlook 3
A outlook 2010, windows 7, exchange server: "The action cannot be completed. The connection to Micro Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2010 Connectivity with exchange server 2007 Using Outlook 1