IMAP emails not automatically downloading when view and not purging after deleting and then purging folder

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nlandreth

Everything has worked fine for months, and then the other day I went to read any new email, clicked on it, and while the header has been downloaded, the messages will not automatically download anymore. Instead, I now have to mark to downlaod and then click process marked messages to get it to download. Then when i delete them, i get a strike out as i always have, then when pressing purge marked items in [folder name], they don't purge like they have before.

This is Outlook 2007.

I get the folder on my iphone and it continues to work just fine like it always have. The only way i have gotten messages to "purge" in outlook now is to change the setting in the account to purge when switching folders, then click on a different folder and come back to the main folder and they actually purge.

I could try a system restore to a couple of days ago, but im not sure how that would work since it seems to be internal in outlook. I never went in and changed any settings manually in the past several weeks though.

G

Ganesh Kumar N

Try to remove and re-add the email account and check how it works.

If you still have issues, try to create a new profile with the IMAP account and check.

Refer the link on how to create a new profile in Outlook.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918

Ganesh Kumar N

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Outlook 2016 Moving IMAP emails to Exchange Using Outlook 1
N Sent emails not reflected in all IMAP Folders Using Outlook 4
I IMAP - are emails dynamically fetched from server as required? Using Outlook 2
CWM030 Outlook 2016 with imap emails keep Resurrecting themselves? Using Outlook 5
Y Outlook not displaying all imap emails Using Outlook 5
B How to 'really' delete IMAP emails? Using Outlook 6
M Cannot Delete Emails from IMAP inbox Using Outlook 4
S Outlook 2007 IMAP "Inbox" not receiving new emails. Using Outlook 2
R IMAP emails size is 0KB Using Outlook 3
P Outlook 2007, IMAP, and Deleted Emails (not disappearing) Using Outlook 0
R How do I recover emails removed by Outlook because of IMAP? Using Outlook 1
J Save emails in the IMAP sent folder Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 2003/2007 IMAP emails dont show in inbox Using Outlook 0
I Problems deleting emails using IMAP Using Outlook 3
T unable to move or delete emails in IMAP folder Using Outlook 2
T Outlook 2010 doesn't show (new) emails in an IMAP account Using Outlook 1
Z How to merge 2 imap email accounts to get all emails in 1 inbox? Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2010 auto-forwards IMAP emails without the message text Using Outlook 1
E group all imap emails into one inbox outlook Using Outlook 1
P Outlook 2010 Constantly Getting Stuck During Send/Receive of IMAP Account, Not Getting Emails Automa Using Outlook 13
M Suddenly can't open emails in mu Outlook 2003 IMAP account without. Using Outlook 2
M Managing Gmail "All Mail" sync issues with IMAP Using Outlook 1
K Outlook 2016 - controlling IMAP OST size with Group Policy not working Using Outlook 1
V Scheduled backup of imap account Using Outlook 7
glnz How set up new IMAP on Outlook-Office 365 and merge in pst from Outlook 2003 for same two email accounts? Using Outlook 5
David Langer Outlook 2016 (365) How to restore the ability to Re-Map iCloud IMAP Folders Using Outlook 5
D Outlook 2013 Yahoo IMAP Sync problems Using Outlook 1
P IMAP Folders Dialog Box Using Outlook 1
O How to recover rules after switch from POP3 to IMAP Using Outlook 2
O Benefits of Exchange over IMAP and why would I choose Exchange? Using Outlook 2
P Desktop doesn't index Outlook IMAP files, laptop Outlook does index those same IMAP files Using Outlook 2
B What is best IMAP .OST file to .PST file converter solutions? Using Outlook 1
I Convert POP3 account (PST) to IMAP (.OST) Using Outlook 3
Mark Foley Color Categories on IMAP mail lost when installing new Windows 7 workstation Using Outlook 12
CWM030 Archiving ON the imap server Using Outlook 3
Y IMAP errors with Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2016 IMAP Connection Returns All Email but outlook.com does NOT Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
Z Can't delete IMAP folder Using Outlook 2
GaryW88 2016 Archiving IMAP keeping mail on Gmail Server Using Outlook 1
N Error 0x80090326 when trying to setup IMAP account on Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
M cannot change delivery folders with IMAP accounts Using Outlook 0
E 365 Outlook changed from POP3 to IMAP,all contacts lost Using Outlook 3
O POP3 vs iMAP? Using Outlook 1
K IMAP Server Wants to alert you to the following: cannpt rename system folder Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Setting up an Outlook.com IMAP account New Slipstick.com Articles 0
M 10 Imap gmail accounts into OL2016-32b want 1 calendar Using Outlook 3
Liz Schneider PST from Outlook 2013 is now IMAP folders in 2016 Using Outlook 10
L Gmail POP, Android IMAP, Outlook 2013 setup close Using Outlook 5
B IMAP folders don't update when Outlook 365 opens Using Outlook 0
J IMAP server Using Outlook 0