Everything has worked fine for months, and then the other day I went to read any new email, clicked on it, and while the header has been downloaded, the messages will not automatically download anymore. Instead, I now have to mark to downlaod and then click process marked messages to get it to download. Then when i delete them, i get a strike out as i always have, then when pressing purge marked items in [folder name], they don't purge like they have before.
This is Outlook 2007.
I get the folder on my iphone and it continues to work just fine like it always have. The only way i have gotten messages to "purge" in outlook now is to change the setting in the account to purge when switching folders, then click on a different folder and come back to the main folder and they actually purge.
I could try a system restore to a couple of days ago, but im not sure how that would work since it seems to be internal in outlook. I never went in and changed any settings manually in the past several weeks though.