Sometimes Outlook 2007 asks Exchange IMAP mailbox password in middle of use

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pc-jep

Hi,

This happens randomly, that suddently Outlook asks username and password for IMAP accounts from Exchange 2007 and 2010 servers.

Outlook might popup this notification cople of times in middle of use, and after you choose OK couple of times everything is back to normal.

The account is not locked and running in Exchange server.

Exchange mailboxs don't do this, it's always the IMAP.

Has anyone came across with similar problem?

Thanks!

R

Ripu Daman

Hi,

This the issue occurring for all user or some user only since in might be a network related issue, try creating a new profile & check if the same issue occurs or not.

Ripu Daman Mina | MCSE 2003 & MCSA Messaging

G

Gen Lin

Hi,

This problem may happens if the client lost connection with the exchange server and then reconnect to the server.

Step 1: Change the server timeouts value
============================
1. Open outlook->Tools->Options->E-mail Setup tab->E-mail Accounts.
2. In E-mail tab, click change, make sure that “Remember password” is selected. Click More settings.
3. In Advanced tab, under “Server timeouts” section, change the value to 3 minutes.

Step 2: Rebuild the password cache
=======================
1. Click start button->run, type: control userpasswords2
2. In Advanced tab, click Manage Passwords, remove the item relating to your IMAP account.

Then test to see if the issue persists.

P

pc-jep

Hi,

I never figured that this might be network issue, thanks for the answers I'll try them out!

P

pc-jep

Hi,

Found solution to this, in evets there was this information:

MSExchangeIMAP4
Event ID 1009 warnings. It says that the " number of simultaneous
connections made by user 'username' exceeded maximum (16)."

In Exchange Management Console I runned command:

Get-ClientAccessServer | set-ImapSettings -MaxConnectionsPerUser 25

Now it works fine!

L

Lanwench

I just have to ask - why are you using IMAP when you've got Exchange?Lanwench ** Do not fold, spindle or mutilate. Fill in the box completely and erase any stray marks. Use only a #2 pencil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M problem when i'm sending email with attachment in outlook 2007...sometimes the other user receive th Exchange Server Administration 2
M problem when i'm sending email with attachment in outlook 2007...sometimes the other user receive th Exchange Server Administration 1
T Outlook 2007 sometimes displays EMails characters all garbled (Japanese origin) Using Outlook 7
S Outlook 2007 freezes and sometimes shuts down my computer, which produces a blue screen. OS=Vista Ho Using Outlook 1
GregS Outlook mail arrives in batches, sometimes hours late Using Outlook 1
S "Search People" sometimes shows contacts 2 different ways - Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 6
B outlook 2010 is not saving sent mail in sent items folder and sometimes after appearing in sent item Using Outlook 1
L Receiving identical set of emails downloading into Outlook inbox every day, sometimes twice a day si Using Outlook 2
P My Outlook 2010 won't delete files, or at least, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.__ Using Outlook 1
K OUTLOOK 2010 SOMETIMES SENDS TWO COPIES OF EMAILS Using Outlook 1
N .StartDate & .EndDate Only Works Sometimes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Jennifer Murphy Ctrl+Tab sometimes will not move through text a word at a time Using Outlook 1
O Form cache size for OL2010 is set up to 0 Kbs, but sometimes ! Using Outlook 8
L "sometimes" cant send mail, we have to copy and paste the message and resend? Using Outlook 2
H I sometimes get duplicate e-mails that I have sent showing up in my sent items folder Using Outlook 2
C RSS feeds sometimes quit working Using Outlook 4
R Why is my "send/receive" [e]-mail option running so slow? Sometimes it runs very smoothly, but most Using Outlook 1
W Add to safe sender list does not work in preview pane sometimes Using Outlook 1
K Outlooki is dropping characters, sentences and paragraphs and sometimes displaying style tags Using Outlook 2
R Single Quotes sometimes around e-mail addresses Using Outlook 7
P outlook 2008 search box criteria couldn't be saved Using Outlook 1
pcunite Outlook 2019/O365 Build 13127.20408 errors when using MAPI calls Using Outlook 0
C Outlook with Office365 - search across account, by date rate, in multiple folders - how? Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2010 Outlook in Windows 10 keeps asking for user name and password repeatedly Using Outlook 0
S Outlook mail adressing stops after first match in GAL Using Outlook 0
A Apply Selected Emails to outlook rules and Run Rules Using Outlook 5
T Changing Sent Items location in Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 0
J How do I disable advertising in Outlook 2019? Using Outlook 5
S Outlook (2016 32bit; Gmail IMAP) - Save sent message to Outllook Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Unable to Sync Web/Android MS To Do with Windows Outlook Tasks Using Outlook 3
S Macro to move “Re:” & “FWD:” email recieved the shared inbox to a subfolder in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook Macro to send auto acknowledge mail only to new mails received to a specific shared inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook Macro to move reply mail based on the key word in the subjectline Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Outlook Calendar not coming down from cloud Using Outlook 2
Terry Sullivan Sender's Name Doesn't Appear in the From Field on Outlook 365/IMAP Using Outlook 2
GregS Outlook 2016 Can I disable the Outlook Outbox? Using Outlook 2
P Outlook pst file is too huge with POP3. How to save more space? Using Outlook 4
D Outlook Contacts Notes Field Photos to Smartphone Using Outlook 0
Paula S. Outlook 2013 won't recognize new password Using Outlook 4
J Want to learn VBA Macros for Outlook. What book can you recommend? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Backup Email Accounts On OutLook For Mac 2016 (Microsoft 365 subscription version) Using Outlook 0
J Time Zone Issues - Outlook Calendar and Webcal Feed Using Outlook 8
J Are the underlined letters in Outlook Reminders window supposed to work? Using Outlook 0
M Office 2016 Outlook is forgetting passwords Using Outlook 14
G How to add a folder shortcut to outlook quick access toolbar? Using Outlook 6
W Outlook WAS facebook but there is no info for old accounts Using Outlook 0
E Can one still buy Outlook (or Office) 2016? Using Outlook 6
G Add to Outlook Contacts - Point to non-default contacts folder Using Outlook 0
E Outlook view grouping keeps changing Using Outlook 3
Wayne Outlook locks up when opening "Manage Rules & Alerts" Using Outlook 3