Exchange 2010 SP1 and HTC Desire Active-Sync

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

ps500

I have recently updated to SP1 and since then unable to send emails, create contacts or calendar events from HTC's.

We are however able to receive, delete emails and contact/calendar events.

Not sure why it is only half working, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have contacted HTC and they said they'll try to replicate the issue, this was over two weeks.

G

Gen Lin

Hi,

Can other mobile device work with exchange 2010 SP1?

What's the support error code you got from the mobile?

R

ronnypot

Hi,

I have seen issue's with a htc desire, and exchange 2010 sp1. Strange thing is I have one myself and it works fine. Only difference about my Desire and the ones with the trouble was that mine has Android 2.2 on it and the other Android 2.1. So I adviced to upgrade to Android 2.2, I don't know if this already has been done and if the problem solved with that.

Witch version Android do you use?

Regards Ronny

P

ps500

I'm running Android 2.2 on my HTC Desire.

I'll try other activesync devices when I get a chance, but we are Blackberry shop and they all work fine.

P

Pantherfan

we have tons of users using every type of smartphone imaginable, and i must say the android ones are giving me the most headaches out of the activesync bunch. Sadly it has gotten so bad that I sound like a recording when someone says "my android phone is having problems syncing with the server" I automatically respond with "download touchdown".

It is so bad now, that motorola is offering to pay for the touchdown license (normally 20 bucks) on some phones. The HTC phones have recently been very bad as well, and Verizons tech support people made me laugh when they sent an email saying "the problem is on your server" and procede to say that you have to disable any password policy on activesync. To me that is a problem with the phone OS, NOT the server lol. I had to take a potshot at them and say "umm the iphone doesnt have this issue....", and I hate giving steve jobs credit for anything.

Hopefully android 3.0 will implement more of the activesync functionality, especially the security stuff it currently lacks, until then get touchdown :(

P

ps500

My issue turned out to be nothing to do with Android, which works very well for me.

The problem was the upgrade to SP1 somehow broke the accepted domains, I ran the following command in powershell to fix it.

Set-AcceptedDomain –Identity “My Company” –Name “MyCompany.Com”

All emails flowed as per normal, but I was unable to reply/forward or compose new emails from activesync devices only.

The following error was logged in Application events:

Watson report about to be sent for process id: 5276, with parameters: E12, c-RTL-AMD64, 14.01.0218.015, M.E.RpcClientAccess.Service, M.E.RpcClientAccess.Handler, M.E.R.H.RopHandler.Logon, System.InvalidOperationException, 41bd, 14.01.0218.012.
ErrorReportingEnabled: False

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Backup recommendation for Exchange 2010 SP1 on Hyperv 2008 R2 Exchange Server Administration 3
M Exchange 2010 SP1 DAG & CA ARCserve Backup r15 Exchange Server Administration 1
A Exchange 2010 SP1 Edge Server ( Content Filtering ) Exchange Server Administration 0
F AD RMS with Exchange 2010 SP1 Exchange Server Administration 4
D Exchange Server 2010 SP1 Hosted Mode, service@ mailbox creation Exchange Server Administration 1
I Event ID 2937 after update to Exchange 2010 SP1 ArbitrationMailbox Exchange Server Administration 4
M Exchange 2010 SP1 Hosted Mode - how to move mailbox from old organization? Exchange Server Administration 1
S Owa failed to initialize after install of rollup 2 for Exchange 2010 SP1 Exchange Server Administration 9
P Journaling deployment Exchange 2010 SP1 RU1 Exchange Server Administration 1
I Event ID 2937 after update to Exchange 2010 SP1 Exchange Server Administration 8
G Exchange 2010 upgrade with SP1, language pack issue Exchange Server Administration 5
R Dynamic DNS update requirement for Exchange 2010 (SP1 RU1) on server 2008 r2 Exchange Server Administration 8
P Number of database on a server in DAG Exchange 2010 sp1 Exchange Server Administration 3
N Exchange 2007 SP1 + Outlook 2007/2010 - Autodiscover for Outlook Anywhere and Out of Office not working Using Outlook 1
A NetBackup 7.0 configuration for Exchange 2010 SP1 Exchange Server Administration 3
D Exchange 2010 SP1 OWA "reply" or "forward" error Exchange Server Administration 3
K Question about Exchange 2010 SP1 RU2 update Exchange Server Administration 3
J Exchange 2010 SP1 fails at Mailbox Error Unable to load exrpc32.dll Exchange Server Administration 4
D Exchange 2010 SP1 Policy to Delete mail in deleted items older than 30 days Exchange Server Administration 2
à Validating build of Exchange 2010 SP1 Exchange Server Administration 1
D Exchange 2010 SP1 topology prep error Exchange Server Administration 3
I Exchange 2010 sp1 Address Book service won't start after static RPC port reconfiguration Exchange Server Administration 2
D Installing SP1 for Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 2
B Blank email list views on Outlook 2010 / 2007 with Exchange 2010 SP1 (on Citrix and Desktops) Using Outlook 7
S Exchange 2010 SP1 OWA Error Exchange Server Administration 2
P Mircrosoft Exchange 2010 SP1 Email Purge Exchange Server Administration 2
P Error 4999 after Exchange 2010 SP1 - No BES server Exchange Server Administration 12
D Upgraded to Exchange 2010 SP1 and now random Outlook clients are requesting authentication Exchange Server Administration 1
Q Don't have right permissions to assign "send as" rights in Exchange 2010 SP1 Exchange Server Administration 7
M Proper way to install Exchange 2010 SP1 on a CAS Array Exchange Server Administration 3
M Exchange 2010 SP1 Event id 9040 : Unable to save watermarks Exchange Server Administration 5
C Exchange 2010 SP1 "RPC can't be started because of the EMSMDB interface is already registered by Exchange Server Administration 4
N Failed Exchange 2010 SP1 Installation PowerShell "unauthorized operation" Exchange Server Administration 2
L Does Exchange 2010 SP1 update any Schema objects Exchange Server Administration 2
T After updating Exchange 2010 from RTM to SP1, OWA clients cannot move or delete emails Using Outlook 4
A The cluster network name is not online Exchange 2010 sp1 DAG Exchange Server Administration 8
P Exchange 2010 SP1 Cross Site CAS connection disable Exchange Server Administration 2
A Exchange 2010 SP1 RU1 Calendar Retention Exchange Server Administration 1
M Do Database Storage Limits in Exchange 2010 SP1 affect Archive mailboxes? Exchange Server Administration 5
L Exchange 2010 SP1 Pre-Req error Exchange Server Administration 2
W Exchange 2010 SP1 Install- Required HotFixes Exchange Server Administration 3
N Second Mailbox, Mails stuck in Outbox Outlook 2010, Exchange 2010 SP1 Using Outlook 8
S Determine Managed Folder Policy for Mailbox in Powershell Exchange 2010 SP1 Exchange Server Administration 4
C Installing Exchange 2010 SP1 in a Sub domain... Exchange Server Administration 5
K Exchange 2010 SP1 RU1 - Get-PublicFolderDatabase bug / documentation issue? Exchange Server Administration 6
D Ms Exchange 2010 - Sp1 Upgrade at Prerequisites on Hub Transport Role Exchange Server Administration 8
M Error Publishing Exchange 2010 SP1 OWA through ISA 2006 SP2 Exchange Server Administration 14
C Managed Folder does not show up in Outlook in Exchange 2010 Sp1 Rollup 1 Exchange Server Administration 3
J After Applying Exchange 2010 Sp1 Rollup the Build numbers in EMC remain unchanged 14.1.218.15 Exchange Server Administration 1
M how to upgrade exchange 2010 to exchange 2010 sp1 Exchange Server Administration 2