Adding a POP3 or IMAP account not possible in Outlook 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Picard80

Hi,

I'm currently trying to add a new IMAP or POP3 account to my existing Exchange account. Unfortunately the drop-down menu which would allow me to choose the appropriate account type is empty.

I have already tried to delete my existing profile as well as reinstalling Outlook. Unfortunately nothing has worked so far.

This means that I cannot move forward with the wizard as I cannot select any type of account.

Does anyone have an idea how I can solve this problem (maybe add a registry entry, etc.) to add my IMAP account to Outlook?

Best regards

Sascha

N

Niyamath Khan

Take a backup of the following Outlook profiles registry key and delete.

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the link below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Back-up-the-registry

1. Click on Start > All Programs > Accessories > Run > regedit and hit Enter.

2. Browse to the following registry location:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\ CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles

3. Right click on Profile and click delete. Once you delete the key recreate theOutlook profile and then try to configure theaccount to check if it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Adding an exchange account to an existing POP3 account Using Outlook 14
J O365 - Adding Shared Google Calendar ICS link issue in O365 Using Outlook 0
B Adding signature to bottom of VBA reply email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S User Defined Fields adding new value (2) Using Outlook 0
M Changing the preferred order for "Put this entry in" list for adding new contacts to the Address Book Using Outlook 1
M Adding Subject to this Link-Saving VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
E Project Management - Adding Folders for Different Folder Types Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
D Adding Enterprise Exchange Email Account to Outlook Prevents Sending via Outlook.com Account Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 10
S Adding new Exchange (2016) rule very slow down Microsoft Outlook Exchange Server Administration 0
Z Outlook Custom Form: Adding Dropdown(Project Code) at the end of subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Z Adding dropdown list using custom form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
M Adding Macro to populate "to" "subject" "body" not deleting email string below. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
E Unable to open Outlook 2010 after adding new email account Using Outlook 4
O Adding a new account - "CompanyL (none)" line is added Using Outlook 5
broadbander Needing help with reply/reply all while keeping attachments and adding a new CC recipient. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
M adding corresponding contact form data on a mass scale Using Outlook 5
A VB to "reply all" email items stored in a folder of outlook with adding a new message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
K adding more rules to 'different domains check' macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P MS OUTLOOK 2013 - Adding Sender on the CC line Using Outlook 5
R User Defined Fields adding new value Using Outlook 3
W Adding A Macro To Message Ribbon Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
I Collecting mail address from GAB and adding to Outlook Task Using Outlook 2
A Outlook 2016 - adding outlook.com account creates a new/strange address Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 18
F Adding textbox filter to listbox? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
N Recurring invite sent w/distribution list adding/removing attendees Using Outlook 0
J Issues with adding iCloud to Outlook Using Outlook 1
G Adding a contact to Outlook with a custom form using Access VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Macro to send email after changing from address and adding signature Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Adding Reply & Delete to main toolbar? Using Outlook 0
T Outlook 2007 adding categories Using Outlook 15
N Adding Appointment Item in Outlook to Shared Calendar Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
Diane Poremsky Adding Emojis to Outlook's AutoCorrect New Slipstick.com Articles 0
T Adding "Mark As Complete" btton to Task Remindet Pop-Up Using Outlook 3
O Saving Attachments to folder on disk and adding Initials to end of file name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
Ascar_CT Adding contacts on Android phone and then syncing them to Outlook Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
A Adding a 2010 sharepoint contact list to outlook 2010 address book Using Outlook 1
M Adding fields to Task in Outlook Home and Business 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
S Using Send on Behalf is adding extra data in from line Using Outlook 1
Lucylou Outlook 2013 Adding Outlook.com breaks profile, "Outlook not working" messag Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
C Adding Categories when Composing Email Using Outlook 1
stephenjones Adding a business account to Outlook Using Outlook 1
Chris Grew Adding 2nd Email Address BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
G Adding an attachment to email I just created (VBA) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
tswatek Inbox problems after adding MS Exchange email Using Outlook 2
L Adding sender's e-mail to global address book DL Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Adding vba to script list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
F Adding User Defined Field to another form Using Outlook 0
Edaniels Adding Week Number on Calender Using Outlook 2
I Adding appointments/tasks to other user's calendar Using Outlook 1
J Adding original email text to outlook message template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2