No longer Archiving; Getting prompted to locate the Archive.pst each time user logs in

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bhammerhead

Hello All,
We are using Exchange 2003 SP2 on a W2K3 SP 2 server. The end users are using Office and some newer workstations have Office 2007. I have one user in particular that continues to get prompted to locate the archive file each time they open up Outlook. I have been able to make this error go away, but periodically the message reappears and I it's truly frustrating. Could it just be that the user's outlook profile is corrupt? What's the best way to fix this? I am wondering also if it's the fact that the user uses workstations with Outlook 2003 and other workstations with Outlook 2007. They sometimes are logged into both workstations simultaneously and have them both Outlook 2003 and Outllo 2007 open which I have reminded them not do- could that be the issue instead? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Brian

B

bhammerhead

Hello All,
I add some more information about this issue. As a work-around we would create an archive.pst file and drop it in the location that Outlook was prompting for on the local hard drive. Since this user works from multiple workstations they would still get prompted to find this archive file. They do have a roaming user profile.

Thank you,

Brian

B

bhammerhead

Thank you Niyamath. I appreciate your input.

Sincerely,

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
U Keyboard Remapper no longer works in Outlook Using Outlook 1
J Copy to calendar function no longer working in outlook 365 Using Outlook 5
J Is it no longer possible to suppress Outlook 2019 Invalid Certificate name mismatch security alert via Registry? Using Outlook 1
W Outlook Calendar does not save view any longer! Using Outlook 3
J How to restore field no longer visible in field chooser? Using Outlook 1
T Office 2013 no longer updating automatically Using Outlook 2
RBLampert Outlook 2010 no longer (?) shrinks large images Using Outlook 4
J Calendar data can be viewed on Outlook.com, but no longer syncs to Outlook 2013 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
J Cached mode no longer works with NTLM authentication Exchange Server Administration 0
K Outlook 2013 Outlook 2013 no longer syncing 1 of 5 IMAP accounts Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
Fabio Quintal Reply All no longer working Using Outlook 9
B Outlook.com calendar no longer syncing with Blackberry Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
P Country name no longer shows in Phone number popup? Using Outlook 5
Maybear Sudden change in Outlook, no image display, email no longer offers suggestions for address Using Outlook 8
T Messages no longer move to quote folder on shared mailbox after user adds -D to folder name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Display of Sending Account in Outlook 2007 no longer works Using Outlook 2
B Right click-drag no longer creates hyperlinks Using Outlook 2
S Outlook no longer works with Yahoo Mail Using Outlook 9
C My BCM Database is no longer available to be shared with the Database Tool BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
C Forwards and Replies from folders no longer going to Sent folder Using Outlook 2
P Outlook contact form no longer requiring Category selection to add new Using Outlook 1
D No longer able to Archive Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
E Can no longer open URL links from within an email. Using Outlook 2
B Can no longer get into my server configuration via the EMC Exchange Server Administration 1
D 2007 Outlook no longer connecting with AOL account. Help, small business! Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2010 no longer runs. When I open Outlook, I get three error messages, then it closes down an Using Outlook 2
W MS Office no longer RECEIVES ANY MAIL (But will still SEND MAIL) Using Outlook 2
T OWA No Longer Accessible from outside my Exchange Server Using Outlook 5
R No problems for about three months and the, about two weeks ago I was no longer able to receive emails in Outlook. Using Outlook 4
A Outlook no longer sends out messages ('Use Inbox Repair Tool') Using Outlook 2
P hyperlink no longer woking Using Outlook 2
J I can no longer access my Address Book. I get the message"The folders cannot be opened. It may be mo Using Outlook 2
U Outlook 2007 no longer syncing calendar with iPhone 3GS running iOS 4.2.1 via iTunes 10.1.0.54 USB. Using Outlook 6
T After adding another mailbox to mailboxes in outlook 2007. Outlook 2007 no longer accepts new mail into any inboxes Using Outlook 3
T Oulook is no longer downloading email from one of two of my gmail accounts. Using Outlook 2
H Outlook 2007 connected to Exchange 2010 Sav all attachments no longer working Exchange Server Administration 1
T Outlook 2010/Exchange 2010 Email address no longer valid Using Outlook 5
L Office 2000 problems (I know...it's past time to upgrade...just need to get by a little longer if possible) Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2007 will not show files under the folders any longer when creating a hyperlink. No error messages Using Outlook 1
B Switching Access from version 2010 to 2007 or 2003 causes Outlook to no longer be able to send or receive email. Using Outlook 2
M outlook calendar navigation no longer shows the mini-calendars at the top. I used to have three mon Using Outlook 1
B Receiving undeliverables for employees that are no longer in the GAL using Outlook 2010 after migrating from Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 3
J The hyperlinks in Outlook no longer work. Using Outlook 1
A No longer have Business Contact Manager after upgraded from 2003 Pro to 2007 Pro Plus Using Outlook 1
A No longer have Business Contact Manager after upgraded from 2003 Pro to 2007 Pro Plus Using Outlook 1
B Upgraded to Outlook 2007, my custom stationary no longer works Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2010 takes much longer than expected to download an e-mail message from a POP3 server Using Outlook 1
J This e-mail message cannot be delivered to USER because the e-mail address is no longer valid Exchange Server Administration 2
S When I type in a new email address, it no longer underlines it which means it cannot be sent Using Outlook 1
B OUTLOOK NO LONGER SHOWS MESSAGE BODY....... Using Outlook 2