First email in outbox not going through in Outlook 2007; additional emails do get sent

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DMBloom

I use Outlook 2007, and it was working fine until last night. I can receive mail, but the first email in my Outbox will not send. Additional emails will go through. When looking at the Outbox, the details of the first email shows " None" in the Sent column; whereas, the additional emails shows the time and date of when I clicked the send button.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Thanks!

B

Brian Tillman

Open that message and click Send again. Does it go through then?

----------------------------

D

DMBloom

No, it does not go through; I had tried. It continues to have " None" in the sent column. If I keep that one email in the outbox, any other emails I send will go through. But that isn't really a long-term solution to the problem.

B

Brian Tillman

Is the message fully addressed? Is it trying to use the same account the other messages use?

D

DMBloom

The email addresses are fine. It has gone to the same or different ones.

And now I just found that if I go to edit one of the emails that will go through (I have them on a 3 min delay send), after I make the edits and press send again, it now says " None" in the Sent column just like the first email.

B

Brian Tillman

Do you have your Outbox displayed when you do the Send again? Try opening the message, switching to another folder, then clicking Send. Does that make a difference?

D

DMBloom

I did what you asked, and no it doesn't make a difference. Any more ideas?

B

Brian Tillman

Past versions of Outlook have had that issue more often than current verisons (i.e., 2007 and 2010). Sorry, I don't know what to suggest, except for this: Email Won't Send - Common Causes. I'd check for add-ins as described first on this page.

D

DMBloom

I read the information about the add-ins. I tried to follow the instructions, but in going through the steps to get there, " Look in Tools, Options, Other, Advanced, Com add-ins," I didn't have a Com add-ins button or list or anything after advanced, except of list of options. So since I couldn't find them, I couldn't disable and re-start them.

Do you know where I am supposed to go to test these?

N

Natasha Dsouza

Try to launch Outlook in safe mode and then close Outlook and check if the same issue occurs.

Note: Add-ins are disabled in safe mode.

For more information on application safe mode refer the link below:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HP101407921033.aspx

To check Add-ins and disable them manually : Tools > Trust center > Add-ins > Manage > Com add-ins > Go

D

DMBloom

Thanks! I disabled my AVG add-in and it seems to work fine now. I must have updated to the new version of AVG when this all started so it makes sense.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O Email not leaving Outbox when using Excel VBA to sync Outlook account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
B One email cannot be sent or received (but leaves outbox!) Using Outlook 1
G "Delay Delivery" Email fails to send if opened while in Outbox Using Outlook 4
C Outlook 2013 - Email Gets Sent - But Does Not Move From Outbox to Sent Box Using Outlook 4
P OL 2007 XP email stuck in outbox Using Outlook 3
D Email stuck in Outbox Using Outlook 3
G Email stuck in Outbox - Office 2013 Using Outlook 5
N Email Stuck in Outbox - Cached Mode - Roaming Profile Using Outlook 2
D Windows 7 / Outlook 2007 - email gets stuck in Outbox Using Outlook 2
S outbox is stuck sending an email. Using Outlook 1
A An email is stuck in my outbox Using Outlook 2
S Email not sent and disappears from Outbox - not copied to Sent Items - Outlook various versions Using Outlook 1
P Deleting hanging email in Outbox Using Outlook 2
S delete an email in Outbox that has started transmission Using Outlook 1
M Distribution lists not working, outlook will not open properly and email stuck in outbox. Using Outlook 3
T Email status changes from 'Date' to 'None' in the Outbox. Using Outlook 1
C Email stuck on outbox and will not send. Using Outlook 3
B I am using MS outlook 2010, but as of now i cannot sent email ? It just in my outbox folder. but i can receive email? Using Outlook 2
P Email does not leave Outbox when using mutliple Exchange accounts Using Outlook 1
D Email message gets stuck in Outlook 2007 Outbox Using Outlook 5
C Re: email sent but still in outbox, and the recipient received the email Using Outlook 2
C Email stuck in Outbox and tries to keep sending. Using Outlook 1
S email stuck in outbox and sends repeatedly Using Outlook 9
K Bounced back email reply comes into inbox but the original email is missing, not in sent, outbox or Using Outlook 11
V Email stays in Hotmail Outbox (Outlook 2010) Using Outlook 2
W email stuck in outbox Using Outlook 6
H Email stuck in Outbox and cannot delete it. Using Outlook 3
R how to email word 2003 document thru outlook 2003 without having the email sitting in the outlook outbox there?? I want the email to be sent out direc Using Outlook 4
T Add-in problem: First email in outbox gets stuck Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
D Email staying in the outbox in outlook 2007 Using Outlook 32
W September 2020 - No Default Email Client message after Office Update Using Outlook 0
glnz O365 - How to combine the Inboxes for four email accounts into a single Inbox Using Outlook 7
glnz O365 - How to send from acct 2 but showing email name from acct 1 as From - alias? Using Outlook 1
S Macro to move “Re:” & “FWD:” email recieved the shared inbox to a subfolder in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Move Email with Attachment to Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
E Asking user to select multiple options in a list in an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
K Use VBA to find Sender and Recipient from Microsfot 365 Journaled Email Items Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B Add ComboBox Value to Body of Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Backup Email Accounts On OutLook For Mac 2016 (Microsoft 365 subscription version) Using Outlook 0
F VBA code to dock Styles whenever I write or edit an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G Inbox shows old email Using Outlook 3
L Email with correct To address but displaying name of a related person Using Outlook 0
A Two Inboxes, Same Email? Using Outlook 3
B Adding signature to bottom of VBA reply email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J To delete the draft email Using Outlook 2
B VBScript doesn't run on Recipient Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Autoreply email recieved from specific sender after deleting some text from body. Using Outlook 0
M Outlook 2013 reminder email by using Outlook vba Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Sending email from Office 365 alias in Outlook Using Outlook 3
S Macro or plug-in to see if specific person was included in this email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3