Trying to connect the Facebook connector to Outlook 2010 fails

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

unehab

I have 2 computers in hand both have Office 2010 32bit installed.

When I try to authenticate my Facebook acount on my WinXP SP3 it works, when I try to authenticate my Facebook account on my Win7 64Bit - it fails.

I constantly get a wrong username\password message - although the same credentials worked on my WinXP computer.

I have also tried to authenticate with other accounts - and it doesn't work on Win7 64Bit.

The Windows Live and LinkedIn connectors work great for me - just the Facebook fails authentication.

U

unehab

I am using Office 2010 32Bit - I have tried to reinstall the plugin several times, by removing and then installing and also by installing over the installed plugin and choosing the repair option.

Nothing seems to be solving this problem.

It seems I am not the only one that is having this problem -

http://blogs.office.com/b/office_blog/archive/2010/07/13/connect-to-facebook-and-windows-live-with-the-outlook-social-connector.aspx?PageIndex=1#comments

In the blog several users have complained about the same problem - I tried applying all the suggestions that appear there - but nothing worked.

G

Guruprasad Ra

First uninstall the Face Book add-in then install the Outlook Social Connector update available in KB 983403. Post installations reinstall the LinkedIn add-in and verify the status.

U

unehab

When I tried to install the update from KB 983403 it told me that this update is already installed on my system.

Of course that re-installing the Facebook and Linked-In connectors - did not solve the problem.

Please notice - Windows Live and LinkedIn connectors work OK on my computer - just the Facebook plugin constantly fails authentication.

R

Robert Wolff

Similar problem but with XP SP3 and Outlook 2003 SP3 (part of MS Office Professional 2003) 32bit. I get an error on doubling clicking the FB social connector installer, almost immediately saying.

"The installation of this package failed"

This is the Facebook Social Connector (OSCFB-x86-en-us.exe).

I'm guessing it fails some sort of configuration or version check given the speed with which the failure occurs as nothing else appears.

R

Robert Wolff

One additional point is that I have successful installed the LinkedIn and MSN Live connectors. Also too tried reintallingKB 983403 and I was also told me that this update is already installed on my system. I have tried reinstalling the other plugins to no avail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Trying to connect to exchange Exchange Server Administration 3
D Outlook "Trying to Connect" Exchange Server Administration 1
A Outlook 2010 trying to create calendar/task entries generates error "Could not save item.The connect Using Outlook 2
A Outlook 2010 trying to create calendar/task entries generates error "Could not save item.The connect Using Outlook 1
M My email keeps trying to connect but will not connect. it worked just fine up til the 12th of last m Using Outlook 2
D Outlook crashes when trying to connect to Exchange, but works fine in safe mode Using Outlook 1
B trying to connect outlook to cox cable to back up files Using Outlook 2
B Comcast - trying to connect to exchange Using Outlook 4
K Outlook 2007/2010 stays in 'Trying to connect' mode when mode of connectivity changes from LAN to HS Using Outlook 1
R Repeatedly prompted to enter your credentials when trying to connect to an Exchange mailbox by using Using Outlook 2
J I'm trying to get Outlook 2003 setup for bellsouth.net emails but I can't connect to the outgoing SM Using Outlook 3
D Error trying to connect to database on the server BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
A Run-time error '430' on certain emails when trying to set "Outlook.mailitem" as "ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Error when trying to forward current email item Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
X I have met my waterloo trying to resolve embedded graphics problem with outlook 2007 and now 2016 Using Outlook 1
O The page that you are trying to access cannot be loaded. Using Outlook 0
C Trying to populate an appointment ComboBox from Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T Outlook "A program is trying to access Outlook" Using Outlook 3
S SendFromAccount - Problem trying to test existing value in open email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
N Error 0x80090326 when trying to setup IMAP account on Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
KURTiS MAXiMUS Trying to appactivate ERP window Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
R Trying to extract information between two symbols from outlook subject Using Outlook 2
Danie Lawson Trying to recover calendar Using Outlook 4
L Trying to open contacts pst. file in outlook 365 Using Outlook 3
L Trying to check for the absence of mail. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M trying to disable junk email filter. completely. Using Outlook 4
D Trying to repair Outlook rules Using Outlook 5
S Outlook 2010 trying to default Data file to outlook.com calendar Using Outlook 6
C Trying to move my Business Contact Manager ver. 2003 to BCM ver. 2010 Using Outlook 3
R Trying to sync my Outlook email on iphone Using Outlook 1
A outlook trying to keep sending Using Outlook 1
P Trying to add subject and name to an email using VB Code Using Outlook 3
B Trying to get old emails from a not working computer but having trouble. Using Outlook 6
P Outlook works, but freezes when trying to use calender v2007 (vista prof) Using Outlook 1
K A program is trying to send an e-mail message on your behalf... Using Outlook 1
P Trying to get 'Calendar Name' to appear like 'Subject' and 'Location' in event Calendar Printing Assistant 0
S Trying to have a prompt to ask for text to be added to subject before sending. Using Outlook 3
K Wont send or recieve now with new server keeps asking for password when trying Using Outlook 1
J A program is trying to access e-mail address you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this. Using Outlook 2
C Error message when trying to send email using a distribution list Using Outlook 2
P exchange management consoles has stoped working and yes I have read the above article and tried the troubleshooter and spent days reading and trying d Exchange Server Administration 0
C Trying to set up access to my Gmail account using IMAP Using Outlook 3
N Exchange 2010 RPC Over HTTPS, outlook keep trying port 135 Exchange Server Administration 9
K trying to sync my samsung galaxy to my outlook 2010 calender. it says execution privilege prevents me from accessing outlook Using Outlook 1
N Slow / non response trying to pass from one folder to other (both in OUTLOOK.PST) Using Outlook 2
B Trying to find & run Scanpst.exe. Outlook can't log onto server. Have removed update KB2412171 & it did not correct problem. Have done a resto Using Outlook 2
J Error message when trying to download attachments to e-mails Using Outlook 1
P Error when trying to open EMC and Powershell Exchange Server Administration 4
0 trying to get rid of the "end" time of each event within each day on the calendar. This shows up wh Using Outlook 1
L Receive error message when trying to receive new emails Using Outlook 1