Repeatedly prompted to enter your credentials when trying to connect to an Exchange mailbox by using

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Raajdurai

Outlook 2007 keeps on asking credentials when trying to connect to an Exchange mailbox.We have exchange server 2007 running in our environment.I have reviewed the support articles from microsoft KB 927612,But it is for exchange 2003.Also i have reviwed CAS server internal url settings,so for it is not resolved.

Please help me to troubleshoot the problem

J

Jennifer Zhan

Hi,

If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, please try following method:

Open up windows explorer and then paste the following text into the address bar, which should bring you to a folder with a single folder inside with a really long name.

%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Protect

What you"ll need to do is just rename that folder to something else then re-open Outlook and type in your password.

If it not works or you are not using Win7 or Vista, you can try to add this registry entry.

1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.

2. Locate and then right-click the following registry subkey:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Security

3. Point to New, and then click DWORD Value.

4. Type PromptForCredentials as the name of the new registry entry, and then press ENTER.

5. Double-click the PromptForCredentials registry entry, and then type one of the following values in the Value data dialog box:

Note In this case, cached credentials will be used.
Note In this case, users cannot use cached credentials. Users are always prompt to provide a user name and password.

6. Click OK.

In addition, you can try suggestions provided here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956531

R

Raajdurai

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for your suggestion,

This problem is occuring in windows XP too and also we have more than 5000 assets,it is not possible to change the values as you said in every machines.

Is there any other fix you can suggest ?

Raja

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Outlook 2010 Outlook in Windows 10 keeps asking for user name and password repeatedly Using Outlook 0
R Shortcut for attaching the same file repeatedly Using Outlook 6
Fozzie Bear Repeatedly corrupting PST file Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2007 Repeatedly Requesting Password via Outlook Connector Using Outlook 1
V pst repeatedly needing repair Using Outlook 2
B Sign-in dialog pops up repeatedly for shared calendars Using Outlook 1
C exchange repeatedly requests login info Using Outlook 4
A How to stop .pst getting email repeatedly ? ( outlook 2010 ) Using Outlook 3
S Outlook Calender Items Repeatedly showing in Deleted Items Using Outlook 2
P Had Outlook Connector working, it asked for upgrade repeatedly. Uninstalled and tried to download-reinstall and it doesn't read my live.com email or Using Outlook 5
S email stuck in outbox and sends repeatedly Using Outlook 9
B Outlook 2007 repeatedly asks for passord in one profile only Using Outlook 2
W Outlook 2010 repeatedly crashes and restarts Using Outlook 4
M Being prompted for random credentials Using Outlook 23
J When a database move from active host in a DAG, user are prompted for credentials Exchange Server Administration 8
C Cannot start Outlook, prompted with “too many failed open attempts” error Can’t find my name in the Microsoft server, what do I do. Using Outlook 2
W Outlook was in use; when tried to open today it would not open; pop up with info about e-mails with macros; prompted to enable macros, when doing so; Using Outlook 3
M The outlook 2007 is suddenly gets lock or prompted username and password while sending emails. Using Outlook 2
B User prompted for Archive.pst file location each time they open Outlook Using Outlook 3
B No longer Archiving; Getting prompted to locate the Archive.pst each time user logs in Using Outlook 3
G getting prompted for network password on Microsoft Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 3
R Had to recreat domain certificate and now users getting prompted to install cert, but can't Using Outlook 8
icacream Enter your user name and password for the following server. Using Outlook 5
R Make Enter Network Password Prompt Go Away Automatically Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Enter Network Password Dialog Keeps Popping Up New Slipstick.com Articles 0
G Enter Network Password box pops up every few seconds Using Outlook 2
E prompting for "Enter Network Password" Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 2007: "Enter Network Password" Pop-ups Using Outlook 22
M Outlook 2010 Rules Wizard Enter Multiple Items at once? Using Outlook 0
Y MICROSOFT OUTLOOK 2007 - i KEEP GETTING THE "ENTER NETWORK PASSWORD" BOX POPPING UP - IT IS ALREADY Using Outlook 4
R Pop up window keeps appearing telling me to enter my user name and password. Doing so does not make the windows go away, they just keep coming back. Using Outlook 1
E Enter Network Password prompt does not accept my password Using Outlook 4
R Annoying Pop-Up: "Enter Network Password" Using Outlook 1
M No data file found and when I try to enter a personal folder it wont let me. Using Outlook 15
M We all use a 'shared' calendar to enter in our loan appointments. Is there a sound notification when someone enters an appointment in the c Using Outlook 1
G enter key and space bar key insert characters into email Using Outlook 1
P When I try to send an email through outlook it has an error message, it says enter network password Using Outlook 2
R the signin box pops up every minute or so while in outlook. The email address and pw are already filled in but you still have to hit the enter box to Using Outlook 1
P when i try to mail from outlook I get an error message that says enter your network password. Using Outlook 1
D when trying to send mail a box comes up entitled: ENTER NETWORK PASSWORD and keeps returning over & over again even if I shut computer down Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2007. popup box to enter password Using Outlook 2
R Exchange 2007 - Outlook prompting users to enter password Using Outlook 9
B Outlook 2002 (SP3): Even though I've checked 'Remember my password,' Outlook still requires that I enter it every time I open the program ea Using Outlook 3
M Outlook Receive problem, getting error Enter Network Password Using Outlook 1
J Unable to send/recieve emails - Enter network password Using Outlook 3
Z Enter network password problems Using Outlook 2
M I keep getting an 'ENTER NETWORK PASSWORD' message window Using Outlook 1
N Outlook crashes everytime I try to enter an e-mail address for a contact Using Outlook 2
T Periodic display of window 'Enter Network Password' that affects keyboard use Using Outlook 1
Y popup asks me to enter network password on popserver. i never had to do this before. can't receive emails Using Outlook 1