Rename Archive Mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TWHarrington

I am running Exchange 2010 with SP1 (no roll-up). I have enabled users for an Archive mailbox. I would also like to rename the Archive Mailbox's display name. By default it is "Archive - user@domain.com". If I change the "ArchiveName" parameter in the Set-Mailbox command to something else, it DOES change the display name in OWA, but it DOES NOT change the display name in Outlook 2010. I am running Outlook 2010 in Online Mode. I have also tried to run a repair on the mailbox and re-create the profile.

Any ideas on how to get Outlook 2010 to update the Display name of the archive mailbox? Is this a current bug?

G

Gulab Mallah

Hi Tim,

I am not sure if you have tried to reconfigure the OU profile or not, try to reconfigure the profile and check what happens.

This could be a BUG as it shows in OWA hence it should show in OU2010 in online mode, checking for the same and will post the update if there is any.

-Gulab

T

TWHarrington

Thanks for the response. Yes I have recreated the Outlook profile. Still shows default display name.

R

ronnypot

Hi,

How many time was between the rename and recreate of the outlook profile. I have seen when you change the display name of a mailbox and recreate the outlook profile after a few minutes it still gets the old name and after let say an hour it had the new name.

So I don't if this is normal and there will be some update time between changing the name and updating and if this will be the same with Archive mailboxes, never tried that before.

Regards Ronny

F

Frank.Wang

Seems like you cannot change the archive name in Outlook 2010. It always show "Archive-SMTP address", different with "Online Archive - <Mailbox User"s Display Name>&rdquo; in OWA.

And even you enable the archive mailbox with cmdlet:

Enable-Mailbox "user" -ArchiveName "archivename", it will be shown the default name.

Frank Wang

C

Chatou7

In OWA, it in fact displays "Online Archive - Display Name".

Now, this is in English, even if my IE settings are set to French and all other OWA components display in French.

Is there a way to have "Online Archive" display in French ?

Thanks
Chatou7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C How to rename subject line and forward the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
W Save and rename outlook email attachments to include domain name & date received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
W Save Outlook attachment in network folder and rename to current date and time Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 18
D Autosave Attachment and Rename Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
F Rename Contacts Greyed Out Using Outlook 0
N Rename Subject Line with Email Content Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
K IMAP Server Wants to alert you to the following: cannpt rename system folder Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Rename Email Accounts and Data Files in the Folder List New Slipstick.com Articles 0
S VBA code to rename a task (flagged message) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Save outlook attachments and rename/append files with identifier from subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D VBA script to auto download attachments and rename file according to subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 23
B Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: cannot rename system folders Using Outlook 8
L IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: cannot rename sytem folders Using Outlook 14
T Rename Outlook 2010 .PST Files Using Outlook 14
B IMAP server wants to alert you to the following cannot rename system folders Using Outlook 3
M Outlook Today. How to rename IMAP inbox accounts to something else than inbox? Using Outlook 4
A Rename resource Exchange 2003 Using Outlook 2
O Run Rule to Rename Email and Add to Tasks Using Outlook 4
U How do rename a recovered folder after repairing using scanpst.exe Using Outlook 1
M Rename CCR 2007 Cluster Exchange Server Administration 1
1 'Sent Items', 'Deleted Items', & 'Junk Items' Folders; Want to Rename Them to Just: 'Sent', 'Deleted Using Outlook 1
R Rename Outlook .pst folders Using Outlook 1
F Rename option greyed out when trying to rename folders under favorite folders Using Outlook 2
S Rename NETBIOS name in windows 2003 AD with Exchange 2003 Exchange Server Administration 6
D How to rename the display name of the primary outlook mailbox in Outlook 2010 / Exchange 2007 Using Outlook 1
T Rename CAS array Exchange Server Administration 4
K Rename Server with Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 2
W Outlook folder rename (right click 'rename' option) issue Using Outlook 9
S Is there a configuration or setting in Outlook (2007 or 2010) that allows users to rename "shared" c Using Outlook 3
O How to rename folder name within favorities under Outlook? Using Outlook 3
A Cant rename Mailbox Database? Cant Create new Database Exchange Server Administration 6
M Rename Database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
J how do i rename the default fields in MS Business Contact manager BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
D Command line to Copy or Rename Mail Profile Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2016 Auto-archive creates new folder Using Outlook 4
N .pst archive from work will not open/import on Microsoft 365 Exchange Server Administration 0
D Archive by receive date not working Using Outlook 2
S Messages moved / deleted by auto-archive are not synchronized to exchange Exchange Server Administration 8
GregS Can't access archive file Using Outlook 5
semnaitik Archive PST is not empty but can't see old emails Using Outlook 2
CWM030 I do not see a way to set the personal archive folder Exchange Server Administration 2
K Outlook Archive to PST Files by Date Range VBA Script? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Chancing / remove “ something ” in the subject, online archive Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
S Moving Emails Between Archive Folders Using Outlook 1
M Multiple spurious empty folders appear in archive files Using Outlook 3
P Can't search Archive'd Tasks Using Outlook 0
C Merge two archive calendars Using Outlook 1
L Wishlist Archive mailbox - folder expansion Outlook Wishlist 2
B Relocating archive.pst file Using Outlook 6
R Enable Office 365 Exchange Online Archive New Slipstick.com Articles 0