Migration Ex2003 to Ex2010 problem, cannot see old mailboxes/users

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PhilippRusch

Hello all,

we have two Exchange-servers, Ex2003 with all SPs and a new 2010 SP1/RU1 with CAS/HUB/MBX roles.

This is a small setup with one ADS tree, no subdomains, very flat hierarchy. Admin has all roles he needs for the new server and all permissions to the old.

We have two DC's, one is 2003R2, which has the Exchnage admin addons we needed until now to setup new mailboxes, and a 2008R2 as the master in our ADS-tree.

We have about 40 accounts on the old Ex 2003 server, all " real" users have mailboxes with data in it.

Our plan is to move the mailboxes to the new server and to get rid of that Ex2003 server completely.

This failed so far beacause of several problems and errors we encountered:

When trying to define a local move request on an existing mailbox I can see in the list, I get an error in EMC " object not found" after a long delay.

If I try to assign a new (2010) mailbox to an existing user instead, I can see only users in ADS, which have never been mail-enabled.

Yes, I changed the scope, all the same.

I fi go to the old 2003-DC and remove all exchange attributes from an existing user account, I still cannot see this in EMC.

Defining a new ADS-user on the old or the new DC makes this account immediately popping up in EMC (refreshing needed).

So I got a dilemma: I cannot move old mailboxes to the new mailbox-DB, I am not able to assign new (empty) mailboxes to exsiting accounts, I can only define completely new accounts and then import my PST's from exmerge into that new account/mailbox (this works fine).

But like that I would have to define each and every user account from scratch and assign all that ACLs again - arrghhh.

What is hindering me from accessing the existing users/mailboxes ?

Any help much appreciated,

Philipp

A

Aivar75

how about using command from ex2k10 get-mailbox do you see mailboxes then or still get an error?

other thing ... if youre looking from ADUC user permissions do you have a inherit permissions checkbox checked?

also verify that you have an 2way routinggroup connector set + if i remember correctly dont use smarthost in exchange 2003 side.

P

PhilippRusch

Hello Aivar,

Get-Mailbox doesn't work: I got an error (I am translating from german) mailbox database not found (command ReadFromDomainController has been executed)

- Philipp

A

Aivar75

seems like a permissions issues there.

2 things to try. first add exchange truster installer group to exchange local administrators group.

also try to create new admin user for rexchange to see if that helps. after adding newly created user to exchange admins groups.

P

PhilippRusch

Sorry, Aivar,

I don't get you : I don't have a group " Exchange trusted installer" ...

-Philipp

A

Aivar75

Sorry, Aivar,

I don't get you : I don't have a group " Exchange trusted installer" ...

-Philipp
sorry my mistake the group was named exchange trusted subsystem

P

PhilippRusch

OK - I see that one, what do you mean by " exchange local administrators group" ?

- Philipp

A

Aivar75

exchange 2003 servers local administrator group, except if exchange 2003 is a dc also

P

PhilippRusch

I added that local administrator account on the ex2003 server to the Exchange trusted subsystem group, now.

No change.

BTW: the two DCs are different machines, we got 1x ex2003, 1x ex2010, 1x DC 2003R2, 1x DC 2008R2, all on the same ads-tree.

G

Gulab Mallah

Here we GO, first thing i would do is check if the Database is mounted or not!
Make sure that you have Recipient Management Group is added on the account you are using to login to Exchange Server.

Check the application log if you see any error for MS Exchange AD Access. Also check event ID 2080 and post it.
Don't panic we will get it fixed. There is nothing which can't be fixed. :)

Cheers,
-Gulab
m_gulab@hotmail.com

A

Aivar75

you had to reboot your exchange services as well after adding exchange strusted subsystem to local group .... even better if you could reboot entire exchange 2003 server.

have you tried to launtch EXBpa as well from exchange 2010 side to see if that can find any anomalies?

G

Gulab Mallah

Well its not neccessary to reboot the server after adding the Group, you just need to logout and log back in

-Gulab

P

PhilippRusch

Yes - my admin account ist in that group.

Fehler beim Cmdlet. Cmdlet Get-Mailbox, Parameter {Identity=nissindom.nissin-foods.de/Nissin-User/mailtest, ReadFromDomainController=True}.

This is event ID 6 (?)

P

PhilippRusch

I logged in and out - no change

I rebooted both exchange servers - no change

- Philipp

P

PhilippRusch

Found it:

Protokollname: Application
Quelle: MSExchange ADAccess
Datum: 17.10.2010 13:17:44
Ereignis-ID: 2080
Aufgabenkategorie:Topologie
Ebene: Informationen
Schlüsselwörter:Klassisch
Benutzer: Nicht zutreffend
Computer: Nissin-Exchange.nissindom.nissin-foods.de
Beschreibung:
Prozess MSEXCHANGEADTOPOLOGYSERVICE.EXE (PID=1224). Der Exchange Active Directory-Anbieter hat folgende Server mit folgenden Eigenschaften gefunden:
(Servername | Rollen | Aktiviert | Erreichbarkeit | Synchronisiert | GK-fähig | PDC | SACL-Recht | Benötigte Daten | Netlogon | Betriebssystemversion)
Innerhalb des Standorts:
nissin-dc.nissindom.nissin-foods.de CD- 1 6 6 0 0 1 1 6 1
Nissin-DC1.nissindom.nissin-foods.de CDG 1 7 7 1 0 1 1 7 1
Außerhalb des Standorts:

Ereignis-XML:
<Event xmlns=" http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event" >
<System>
<Provider Name=" MSExchange ADAccess" />
<EventID Qualifiers=" 16388" >2080</EventID>
<Level>4</Level>
<Task>3</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime=" 2010-10-17T11:17:44.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>32538</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Nissin-Exchange.nissindom.nissin-foods.de</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>MSEXCHANGEADTOPOLOGYSERVICE.EXE</Data>
<Data>1224</Data>
<Data>nissin-dc.nissindom.nissin-foods.de CD- 1 6 6 0 0 1 1 6 1
Nissin-DC1.nissindom.nissin-foods.de CDG 1 7 7 1 0 1 1 7 1
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

P

PhilippRusch

what kind of connectors need to be configured on the old ex2003 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Ex2003 to Ex2010 Migration - how to remove orphaned public folder replicas on Ex2003? Exchange Server Administration 19
T Migration From Ex2003 to Ex 2010 Exchange Server Administration 1
Microfiche Migration from Office 2016 H&B to Office 365 Using Outlook 0
B Headache with Hotmail and Outlook since migration Exchange Server Administration 10
Diane Poremsky Data loss may occur during public folder migration New Slipstick.com Articles 0
M The coming Outlook migration Using Outlook 1
M Data File Management confusion after migration Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Outlook.com Migration Status New Slipstick.com Articles 0
A Migration to Exchange, still happening? How will I know when? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
W Outlook.com -> Exchange Migration Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Exchange Server Migration Tools New Slipstick.com Articles 0
C Changing Domain -- Assigned To User field Migration? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
H Exchange 2013 ECP migration connects to crashed server Exchange Server Administration 0
J Migration from BCM 2010 to 2013 is messing up the label fields BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
P correct public folder migration exchange 2003 to 2010 Exchange Server Administration 1
P migration issue from OL2003 to OL2010 with custom contact form Using Outlook 7
S BCM 2007 to 2010 migration failure issue BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
S Public FolderEmail Sort Problems Outlook 2010/Migration from 2003 SBS to 2011S Using Outlook 3
C Outllook Migration - Office 200? - 2010 - Shared Mailbox Export-Bulk 500 users Using Outlook 1
D Biggest migration problem - X500 addresses Exchange Server Administration 1
J Contacts Notes field will not mail merge after migration to Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 1
B Steps after migration from 2007 to 2010 Exchange Server Administration 3
J Legacy SCHEDULE + FREE BUSY system PFs leftover after complete migration Exchange Server Administration 1
J Exchange 2010 migration Certificate Question Exchange Server Administration 4
N Automatized migration from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 1
S Internet Mail SMTP Connector Problem on Exchange 2010 after Migration Exchange Server Administration 2
O Exchange Activesync gives support code: 0x86000c01 after Exchange Server Migration Using Outlook 4
M Outlook profile migration during Office 2010 upgrade? Using Outlook 1
N Automatized migration from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 1
L Exchange 2003 to 2010 Migration - Public Folder Replication Failed - Busy/Free Issue Exchange Server Administration 8
W Transition or Migration from SBS2003 to W2K8R2 + Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 1
A Exchange 2010 migration path scenario. Exchange Server Administration 4
J Migration Exchange 2003 to 2010: OUT OFFICE ISSUE Exchange Server Administration 8
J Migration to Exchange 2010: Some doubts Exchange Server Administration 2
F Exchange 2010 - mailbox migration Exchange Server Administration 9
D Sub folders missing from inbox after migration of pst to new computer. Using Outlook 5
L Following migration from EX2k3 to Ex2010 meeting requests do not appear as tentative Exchange Server Administration 2
C Manage OWA access during the migration from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010 (Resource Forest) Exchange Server Administration 4
M EX2007 - EX2010 - Public Folder Migration, some items are missing with MSExchange Store Driver 1020 Exchange Server Administration 1
N Exchange 2010 migration from 2003 Exchange Server Administration 7
B Migration of data from external drive Using Outlook 12
D Issue with inter-organizational migration Exchange Server Administration 2
S 2003 to 2010 migration Exchange Server Administration 4
L Migration to Outlook/Exchange face huge PST of 11 GB Using Outlook 3
S Cross forest migration Forefront Identity Manager 2010 Exchange Server Administration 2
B Exchange 2010 Migration - OWA not working Exchange Server Administration 2
M Mac migration to Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 1
S Migration of mailbox to Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 3
R Post 2010 Migration Public Folder Issues - MapiExceptionNoReplicaAvailable after Uninstall of Exchan Exchange Server Administration 4
S Cross forest migration legacy namespace OWA Exchange Server Administration 2