Outlook.exe for Outlook 2007 and 2010 hangs on closing, when Office Communicator 2007 R2 client is r

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wes Heywood

When closing Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010, outlook.exe hangs in the processes if the Office Communictor 2007 R2 client is running. Clients are then unable to open a new Outlook session until the process is killed off.

Clients are running Windows 7.

S

Sally Tang

Hi,

Does the problem occur if you are running Outlook in safe mode?

Start the Office program in safe mode

==============

1. Click Start, point to All Programs, and then point to Microsoft Office.

2. Press and hold the CTRL key, and then click the Office program you want to start.

If the problem does not occur in the safe mode, this issue might be related to some third-party add-ins in the Office program, we can try to disable them.

Here is a KB article that may help you troubleshoot this issue:

Outlook 2007: Troubleshooting Outlook Crashes

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2000071

Sally Tang

S

Sally Tang

Hi,

I am writing to see how everything is going with this issue. Is the problem resolved? If there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

Sally Tang

I

ImageGuy

Hello,

We are seeing the same behavior in our environment. Here is our typical configuration:
Windows XP SP3 (32-bit) / Windows 7 (64-bit) MS Office Outlook SP2 MS Office Communicator R2 (v3.5.6907.206)

We didn't see this problem with 3.5.6907.0, 3.5.6907.83 or 3.5.6907.196. We rolled out 3.5.6907.206 in September and users started reporting Outlook.exe hanging on exit. We've tried disabling add-ins and rolling back the patch... so far neither have reversed the issue. Oddly enough we are only seeing 10-15% of users seeing the problem even though most everyone is on the same install level.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

S

Sally Tang

Hi,

As some of the users encountered this problem, it might be related to some software conflicts.

Check with one client to see if the problem occurs in clean boot mode.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

You can also scan for viruses and spyware on those computers.

Sally Tang

S

Sally Tang

Hi,

As I have not heard from you for several days. I will go ahead and close this thread. If this issue is not resolved or you have any questions, please feel free to reply to us and this thread will be re-opened.

Sally Tang

U

UdhamSingh

Hi Sally,

We are also facing the same issue and it is with OC R2 (.206). Only couple of users are having it. Besides it, LM Outlook Add-in is also causing hanging problem to few users using Outlook 2007 / 2010.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Diane Poremsky OUTLOOK.EXE continues running after you exit Outlook New Slipstick.com Articles 0
wallisellener CLR20r3 outlook.exe BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
B Outlook.exe expands to 1.4 mb and causes eratic computer behavior Using Outlook 1
M Outlook.exe 1.2Gb memory usage if running certain BCM reports BCM (Business Contact Manager) 8
S Outlook 2010 Ribbon - Creating Links To Websites or EXE Files Using Outlook 4
B Trying to find & run Scanpst.exe. Outlook can't log onto server. Have removed update KB2412171 & it did not correct problem. Have done a resto Using Outlook 2
S Error in outlook.ost file, scanpst.exe does not work. Using Outlook 4
A Outlook.exe 32 process hangs, can't be ended without reboot Using Outlook 1
R outlook.exe /resetnavpane does not work permanently Using Outlook 1
Z Outlook 2010 will not open - scanpst.exe. worked once now get to 'Loading Profile' and stays there (win 7) Using Outlook 1
C After closing Outlook 2007 the outlook.exe process remains open till I shutdown my computer ? Using Outlook 5
G Scanpst.exe error but can't find file that needs to be fixed due to outlook not opening up Using Outlook 3
G Outlook won't open and received the scanpst.exe error. Using Outlook 2
C Outlook.exe hang on Exit. Using Outlook 5
J Outlook 2007 close but Outlook.exe still running Using Outlook 1
J I cannot open outlook. It says errors have been detected in the file. It says to run scanpst.exe but__I cannot find it on the computer. Can I get help Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 07 - Vista - Error 0x80040600 - Cannot find scanpst.exe - Looked everywhere Using Outlook 1
H Office OUtlook 2007 gives error message that says to run scanpst.exe and this is not found on my com Using Outlook 3
K Outlook icons (shortcuts or files) - including outlook.exe in Program Files will not work - can only Using Outlook 3
A Outlook 2007 & error 0x80040600 & missing scanpst.exe Using Outlook 3
D outlook.exe application error - breakpoint has been reached. fix? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
B Outlook fails - error says execute scanpst.exe but can't find it Using Outlook 8
P outlook 2008 search box criteria couldn't be saved Using Outlook 2
pcunite Outlook 2019/O365 Build 13127.20408 errors when using MAPI calls Using Outlook 1
C Outlook with Office365 - search across account, by date rate, in multiple folders - how? Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2010 Outlook in Windows 10 keeps asking for user name and password repeatedly Using Outlook 14
S Outlook mail adressing stops after first match in GAL Using Outlook 0
A Apply Selected Emails to outlook rules and Run Rules Using Outlook 5
T Changing Sent Items location in Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 0
J How do I disable advertising in Outlook 2019? Using Outlook 10
S Outlook (2016 32bit; Gmail IMAP) - Save sent message to Outllook Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Unable to Sync Web/Android MS To Do with Windows Outlook Tasks Using Outlook 3
S Macro to move “Re:” & “FWD:” email recieved the shared inbox to a subfolder in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook Macro to send auto acknowledge mail only to new mails received to a specific shared inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook Macro to move reply mail based on the key word in the subjectline Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Outlook Calendar not coming down from cloud Using Outlook 2
Terry Sullivan Sender's Name Doesn't Appear in the From Field on Outlook 365/IMAP Using Outlook 2
GregS Outlook 2016 Can I disable the Outlook Outbox? Using Outlook 2
P Outlook pst file is too huge with POP3. How to save more space? Using Outlook 4
D Outlook Contacts Notes Field Photos to Smartphone Using Outlook 0
Paula S. Outlook 2013 won't recognize new password Using Outlook 4
J Want to learn VBA Macros for Outlook. What book can you recommend? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Backup Email Accounts On OutLook For Mac 2016 (Microsoft 365 subscription version) Using Outlook 0
J Time Zone Issues - Outlook Calendar and Webcal Feed Using Outlook 8
J Are the underlined letters in Outlook Reminders window supposed to work? Using Outlook 0
M Office 2016 Outlook is forgetting passwords Using Outlook 15
G How to add a folder shortcut to outlook quick access toolbar? Using Outlook 6
W Outlook WAS facebook but there is no info for old accounts Using Outlook 0
E Can one still buy Outlook (or Office) 2016? Using Outlook 6
G Add to Outlook Contacts - Point to non-default contacts folder Using Outlook 0