Rename option greyed out when trying to rename folders under favorite folders

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FIREBALL451

How do I rename my folders in My Favorite Folders in Outlook? The option to rename is greyed out when I right click.

R

Ruchi Bisht

Which folders are you trying to rename?

If it is the default folders (Inbox, Sent Items, Deleted Items, etc...), you cannot rename these folders. Subfolders or customized folder can be renamed

Ruchi Bisht

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Outlook folder rename (right click 'rename' option) issue Using Outlook 9
C How to rename subject line and forward the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
W Save and rename outlook email attachments to include domain name & date received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
W Save Outlook attachment in network folder and rename to current date and time Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 18
D Autosave Attachment and Rename Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
F Rename Contacts Greyed Out Using Outlook 0
N Rename Subject Line with Email Content Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
K IMAP Server Wants to alert you to the following: cannpt rename system folder Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Rename Email Accounts and Data Files in the Folder List New Slipstick.com Articles 0
S VBA code to rename a task (flagged message) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Save outlook attachments and rename/append files with identifier from subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D VBA script to auto download attachments and rename file according to subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 23
B Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: cannot rename system folders Using Outlook 8
L IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: cannot rename sytem folders Using Outlook 14
T Rename Outlook 2010 .PST Files Using Outlook 14
B IMAP server wants to alert you to the following cannot rename system folders Using Outlook 3
M Outlook Today. How to rename IMAP inbox accounts to something else than inbox? Using Outlook 4
A Rename resource Exchange 2003 Using Outlook 2
O Run Rule to Rename Email and Add to Tasks Using Outlook 4
U How do rename a recovered folder after repairing using scanpst.exe Using Outlook 1
M Rename CCR 2007 Cluster Exchange Server Administration 1
1 'Sent Items', 'Deleted Items', & 'Junk Items' Folders; Want to Rename Them to Just: 'Sent', 'Deleted Using Outlook 1
R Rename Outlook .pst folders Using Outlook 1
T Rename Archive Mailbox Exchange Server Administration 5
S Rename NETBIOS name in windows 2003 AD with Exchange 2003 Exchange Server Administration 6
D How to rename the display name of the primary outlook mailbox in Outlook 2010 / Exchange 2007 Using Outlook 1
T Rename CAS array Exchange Server Administration 4
K Rename Server with Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 2
S Is there a configuration or setting in Outlook (2007 or 2010) that allows users to rename "shared" c Using Outlook 3
O How to rename folder name within favorities under Outlook? Using Outlook 3
M Rename Database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
J how do i rename the default fields in MS Business Contact manager BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
D Command line to Copy or Rename Mail Profile Using Outlook 1
L Option to Show Cancelled Appointments Using Outlook 0
J Outlook 2007 Hide Messages Option not Available Using Outlook 2
B iCloud Option to sync contacts, mail, calendar and tasks Using Outlook 5
mrje1 Outlook 2016 Manual Email Account Setup, what is the Office 365 option etc., and Crashes Using Outlook 0
B Meeting Accept option greyed out Using Outlook 0
M Rule option Using Outlook 2
Justo Horrillo It's possible to modify the behaviour of the conversation option? Using Outlook 2
Emerogork How do I activate the "Send Again" option in Sent Mail folder? Using Outlook 1
K Excel Import Option: Need Help Updating Existing Records BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
M My Contact folder isn't an address book option on colleague's Exchange Using Outlook 2
R Replies and Forwards Option Grayed Out Using Outlook 3
A Outlook Offers No "Accept" Option for .ics Files Using Outlook 5
C Related Messages Option Using Outlook 1
M Missing New Menu Option in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
P Field option selection resulting into multiple questions BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
B Option: Save to folder ? Using Outlook 4
mrje1 Opening a task the Insert Tab Option is not showing up and organizing Tasks Using Outlook 9