The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complet

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bethsellsyork

I have Windows 7. I had this same problem with Outlook 2007 on my laptop and now have upgraded to Outlook 2010. I am NOT TECHNICAL! I've seen this problem elsewhere in your forums but the answers are too technical for me. Can someone give me a simple solution? I just want to connect Outlook with my hotmail account. I also get the box where I'm supposed to type in a Microsoft Exchange Server and my email address and " check name" . I had POP3 under Microsoft Server Exchange and that didn't work so I changed it to SMTP (whatever that means) but I don't know if it worked because I can't get past the first error message!! Help!

H

Hal Hostetler - Print-Imaging [MVP]

You've loaded the Exchange Server Service into your profile and do NOT need it.'Control Panel|Mail|E-mail Accounts', click the Microsoft Exchange entry and click " Remove" ...you don't need this unless you've been specifically told you're connecting to an Exchange Server - a business email server that the general public never has need of. If it complains about a username and password when you do this, 'Control Panel|Mail|Show Profiles', delete the profile shown, create a new one, and do NOT add the Exchange Server service to it, all you need is theHotmail Connector . If you're running a 64 bit system, the " Mail" applet is in the " 32 bit programs" section of the Control Panel.

How to create and configure an e-mail profile in Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2003Hal

B

Bethsellsyork

Thank you for your reply. I also had to delete the Microsoft Exchange in the email section of Control Panel. Now it's working!

B

Bethsellsyork

Thank you for your help! I also had to delete the Microsoft Exchange in Control Panel/Mail. Now it's working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R The action cannot be completed. The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. outlook must be Using Outlook 1
M connection to the microsoft exchange server has been lost. outlook 2007 Exchange Server Administration 0
S Connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server has been lost. Outlook will restore the connection when Using Outlook 2
D when trying to get into outlook error message reads connection to microsoft exchange is unavailable. Using Outlook 4
J Can I use just my Hotmail account with Outlook 2007? "The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavai Using Outlook 2
J 'Connection to Microsoft Exchange is Unavailable' for new mail account. Only for one account on PC. Using Outlook 1
C connection to microsoft exchange has been restored Exchange Server Administration 3
N Connection to Microsoft Exchange has been lost. Outlook will restore the connection when possible Using Outlook 15
L 'The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action.' Using Outlook 8
D The dreaded: 'the connection to microsoft exchange is unavailable' outlook 2007 exchange 2007 Using Outlook 4
J The connection to the Microsoft Server is unavailable. Unable to open your default mail settings...t Using Outlook 1
Q when i try to use outlook i get the message the name connot be resoved. the connection to microsoft Using Outlook 2
Y MicroSoft Office Outlook 2003 error message! Your IMAP server has closed the connection. This may oc Using Outlook 2
W Encrypted connection to server refused Using Outlook 0
A Prevent connection to Public Folders on Exchange? Exchange Server Administration 3
D Outlook 2016 IMAP Connection Returns All Email but outlook.com does NOT Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
O Outlook 2016 0x800CCC0F 'The connection to the server was interrupted' Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
J Office 365 and Outlook connection issues Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
M Outlook 2010 Error: Your IMAP server closed the connection Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
M Outlook Email Connection Error Using Outlook 3
M BCM remote database connection issue BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
C Last Connection Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
K Work Email - Calander Connection to Outlook.com Using Outlook 2
E IMAP server closed the connection Using Outlook 2
P Outlook Connection Issues Using Outlook 3
Z connection to Lotus Notes Using Outlook 4
A Exchange 2003 Outlook 2010 64 Bit- AutoDiscover Connection Err - Certificate Exchange Server Administration 9
K Intermittent ability to send to single domain. "Connection refused" Exchange Server Administration 1
N Connection Error Using Outlook 2
E intermittent "Your imap server closed the connection" messages Using Outlook 6
M "No database found" but successful connection to SQL server.What am I missing? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
0 Outlook 2010 causes computer to lose connection when opening and Send/Receive Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 14
N Outlooking not connecting. Connection present Using Outlook 1
B can not establish BCM 2010 connection to Shared DB on SQL 2008 Express BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
S Outlook connector, numerous versions, connection issues Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
T Outlook keep loosing connection to the exchange server Using Outlook 1
T Lose exchange connection, crash Using Outlook 0
T Outlook 2010 encrypted connection type choices, meaning of Auto? Using Outlook 0
O No SSL-IMAP connection Outlook <-> Exchange 2010 after latest client updates? Using Outlook 3
A outlook 2010, windows 7, exchange server: "The action cannot be completed. The connection to Micro Using Outlook 1
J mobile device connection to exchange Exchange Server Administration 4
P Outlook 2010 random status connection changes Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 2010 with BCM - Database Connection problems using Windows 7 Clients Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2011 - Connection to Exchange Dropping & Sharing Calendar Issues Exchange Server Administration 2
P Internet Connection is working but Outlook will not connect Using Outlook 2
M Users exceeding the MAPI connection limit Using Outlook 5
S Outlook 2007, Exchange 2010, Forefront 2010: When using Outlook over http, it loses its connection t Exchange Server Administration 8
C Outlook connection to Exchange 2010 showing disconnected Exchange Server Administration 6
P Outlook 2010 connection and reopen problems____ Using Outlook 3
P Exchange 2010 SP1 Cross Site CAS connection disable Exchange Server Administration 2