Must connect o Microsoft Exchange before you can use your offline folder file (Error msg)

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

frog40

I have set up Outlook 2007 on XP. When I try to access it, I get this message: " Cannot open your default e-mail folders. You must connect to Microsoft Exchange at least once before you can use your offline folder file." I do not want to use an offline folder file and I have no idea why this message appeared. I feel as though there must be an offline setting that somehow became checked, but I do not know, nor do I know where it would be. I use Microsoft Outlook Connector through Office Live and HotMail. I cannot access the email folder at all. Please help. Thank you.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
N Unable to open your default e-mail folders. You must connect to your Microsoft Exchange Server compu Using Outlook 1
D Must now "View on Facebook" for Mentions/Comments-Outlook 2013 click-to-run Using Outlook 2
wallisellener BCM must be activated BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
T In Outlook 2013, must downloaded pictures in an email always be retained? Using Outlook 8
R The action cannot be completed. The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. outlook must be Using Outlook 1
P Messages stuck in outbox and must be sent again. Using Outlook 1
T installation of ms exchange is currently suspended. you must undo changes to continue. Exchange Server Administration 2
S 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS Outlook problem Using Outlook 5
B Outlook 2007, must modify incomming e-mail addresses to reply Using Outlook 3
G Some emails addressed to me are not received through Outlook 2010, but must be picked up in my Comcast mail box. Using Outlook 2
T You must Provide a value for this property on powershell cmdlet Exchange Server Administration 3
D Must restart computer to open Outlook Using Outlook 2
C 503 Valid RCPT command must precede DATA Using Outlook 2
B Problems with Default to text and need to change to HTML. Must change Font each time I handle mail or typing. Using Outlook 1
L Auto send/receive not working must manually hit the button Using Outlook 1
G Outlook 2007 once closed will not reopen must use task manger and end process Using Outlook 2
B The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complet Using Outlook 6
J Error Code 503: Valid RCPT command must precede DATA Using Outlook 1
S The action cannot be completed. The Connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. outlook must be Using Outlook 2
A when I start outlook i get a message 'the connection to the microsoft echange is unavailable. outlook must be connected or online to complete thi Using Outlook 4
L 'The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action.' Using Outlook 8
S Must accept EULA everytime Outlook 2003 opens in Windows 7 Using Outlook 3
A Connect to server to views items Using Outlook 0
A Ol16 desktopT suddenly can't connect with Exchange Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
Jennifer Murphy Outlook can't connect to Office 365 at resort hotel Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
T Cannot connect to main BT email account, sub accts okay Using Outlook 0
G How to have domain client use owa server instead of exchange server while connect to network Using Outlook 1
W Cant connect to outlook.com from outlook Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
C Connect VBA(outllok) with JavaScript Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Outlook 2016 cannot connect after transition to Outlook Mail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
L Cannot Connect to BCM database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 9
A Cannot connect to BCM database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
Diane Poremsky Direct Connect to Office 365 New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Connect Gmail Calendar to Outlook New Slipstick.com Articles 0
H Can't connect to icloud Using Outlook 0
B Can't Connect to Office365 Exchange Server Exchange Server Administration 2
P Outlook 2007 won't connect Using Outlook 6
G Connect Outlook 2010 to Outlook.com Exchange Server Administration 1
R BCM 2010 Problem with remote office (VPN) users cannot connect BCM (Business Contact Manager) 12
J BCM 2010 - New user cannot connect to remote DB BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
M Can one inter-connect tasks such that dependent task(s) are hidden? Using Outlook 1
A Trying to connect to exchange Exchange Server Administration 3
D can't connect to my hotmail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
E Outlook cannot connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server/Cannot send mess. Using Outlook 0
M BCM 2010 Cannot Connect to Remote Database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
D Outlook "Trying to Connect" Exchange Server Administration 1
M 0x800CCC15: Outlook 2003 Unable to Connect to ISP after 12/14/2010 Updates Using Outlook 2
1 how to connect my cell phone number with my outlook 2007 Using Outlook 3
J BCM 2007 Cannot Connect to Shared Database Using Outlook 1
J Post SP3 upgrade - outlook 2003/2010 clients cannot connect Using Outlook 1