getting error message "please wait while windows configures microsoft office single image 2010" whe

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thygasman

My computer came with home and student 2010 plus trial version office pro 2010. I removed the trial and installed outlook 2010 stand alone. I get the message " please wait while windows configures microsoft office single image 2010" when I open outlook. HELP please

R

Ruchi Bisht

Uninstall all the versions of Office 2010 from the computer by following the steps mentioned in the article below.

Note: Ensure that you have the disk and the product key for re-installation of Office 2010 and Outlook 2010. Instead of Office 12 folder look for Office 14 folder.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218

Restart the computer and re-install Office 2010 and Outlook 2010 and check

Ruchi Bisht

T

thygasman

I do not have the disk for home and student because it came with the computer (oem) so if I uninstall all office I cannot reinstall office home and student.

I do have the outlook 2010 disk that I bought.

R

Ruchi Bisht

Uninstall and reinstall Outlook by deleting all the Outlook keys from registry to do this,
Note: Back up the registry before you modify or delete any key:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Back-up-the-registry
1. Click Start->control panel-> programs->programs and features.

2. Look for Microsoft Outlook and click change.

3. Click continue for Add/remove features.

4. Click on the little arrow attached to Microsoft Outlook and select not available.

5. Click Start->Run and type regedit->click ok.

6. Locate the key HKEY_CURRENT USER/Software/Microsoft/Office.

7. Look for Outlook key right click on it and select delete.

8. Look for Outlook key under Office 8, Office 9, Office 10, Office 11, and Office 12,Office 14 and delete the Outlook key

9. Locate the key HEKY_LOCAL_MACHINE/software/Microsoft/office.

10. Repeat the step 7 to 8

11. Close the registry editor.

12. Repeat the step 1 to 3.

13. Click on the little arrow attached to Microsoft Outlook and select run all from my computer.

14. Try to open Outlook and check if it works

Ruchi Bisht

T

Tromba 2

I had this problem with the entire office 2010 -- with every office app I opened. No suggestions helped. I installed/uninstalled, etc. for months and tried every suggestion on multiple threads. If the suggestions above don't work I'd suggest the solution that worked for me.

It wasn't Office specifically, but had to do with Registry permissions. As I understand it when an office app opens it checks the registry for stuff and if it can't access certain items (because of permissions) it assumes an install is needed. As I read more on this it started to make sense. Microsoft makes a tool to fix registry permissions and after following these instructions all my problems were solved. Not even a reboot necessary. All apps open immediately now.

Here's the link with the information:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2006/09/04/739820.aspx

I had to alter one thing from the text you copy -- it says %programfiles% and since I have a 64 bit Vista, I had to change that beginning line to %programfiles(x86)%

As he says in the instructions, you replace YOURUSERNAME and suggests quotes if you have a space like this " John Doe" -- I did this also.

It took around 5 minutes or so for this to run but IT WORKED!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L I am getting a 500 error message that I have exceded my limit on sending emails. Using Outlook 2
T Getting an error message while trying to accept a meeting request Using Outlook 1
K Getting this error message--Cannot open Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders can not be opened. Using Outlook 1
L Can not send an email with getting error message. Using Outlook 2
C Getting Error message BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
C im getting a type mismatch error Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Outlook 2010 I am getting error code 0x8DE00006 'the operation failed'. outlook 2010 send/receive progress Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
J Just installed Outlook 2010 on computer and user is getting a 0x80004005 error Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
P I'm getting an error when opening Outlook "Mobile me stopped working Using Outlook 1
D Need Help with Script. Keep getting Runtime Error 438 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
P I am getting an error msg = cannot open file access denied Using Outlook 3
H getting error code 0x800ccc18 when sending/receiving e-mails Using Outlook 2
M Upgrading HUB 2010 to SP1, getting error "There should only be a single RMS Shared Identity user" Exchange Server Administration 1
L I am getting error code OX800CCC78 when I try to send and email in Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2003 is getting an error when trying to open an exchange 2010 mailbox Exchange Server Administration 5
T Getting Error code 5.7.1 in Outlook Using Outlook 2
N I am getting a 5102 error code ever time I try to sign into my hotmail account. Using Outlook 2
H Getting send and receive (0x800408fc) error in outlook 2003 with windows Using Outlook 2
T getting an error This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. C Using Outlook 7
S Continually prompting for password and Getting Error 0X80042108 Using Outlook 2
J Office 2010 Crashes within a few seconds - Getting an Appcrash error Using Outlook 6
S I am using Outlook 2007, getting an error 0X8007000E "Out of Memory or system resources". C Using Outlook 1
E Getting an OX8000CCC78 Error in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
M I keep getting an error with Microsft Sync and my smartphone. How do I resolve this? Using Outlook 2
M Not receiving an error code just not getting my e-mail in Outlook. I was picking up mail from Windows Live. I had someone send e-mail to all my contac Using Outlook 2
S Trying to install BCM 2010 x64, getting error BCM (Business Contact Manager) 8
Q I cannot start Outlook 2007 I keep getting this error: __'Cannot start outlook window. Invalid XML,the view cannot be loaded.' Using Outlook 3
J I'm getting an error code 8 when try to access my exchange account Using Outlook 6
P PST file is getting huge under POP 3 Using Outlook 2
N contact notepad 'style' getting changed after clicking and running Activities Using Outlook 2
S Outlook [Online - Office365] perfomance is getting affected when accessing the mails using Redemptio Using Outlook 1
D Close Oulook after sending emails via vba without outbox getting stuck. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
William getting custom form to load category colors Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
C Getting back previous computer owner Outlook email Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
B Recipient of a forwared message getting multiple emails Using Outlook 2
S Mails getting downloaded multiple times Using Outlook 1
Rory Campion Not getting a warning when a shared calendar item has been updated by someone else Using Outlook 2
E Getting IMAP email into existing pst file Using Outlook 6
R Getting a colleagues appointments and calendar entries Using Outlook 1
E Getting Outlook full name correct with AddressLayout Using Outlook 1
R Need help getting BCM to work with my Outlook 2014 Using Outlook 4
D Help Getting Started? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
K why is a user getting email respond for invite respond that she didn't set up. Using Outlook 3
B email getting cut off Using Outlook 9
L Need help getting calendar/contacts/tasks/notes back! Using Outlook 3
M Email Format getting changed to Plain Text Using Outlook 1
G Outlook 2013: Getting meeting invites in OWA format Using Outlook 9
M Getting messages from multiple email address Using Outlook 1
B not getting email from people Using Outlook 3
L Outlook 2010 - Keep getting "Corrupted File" Msgs Using Outlook 4