Too many email folders on MSN issue. Migrate to Outlook?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JetEye7

I have an issue with the (Qwest) MSN premium browser and email program. The issue is that the MSN email program hangs severely on start up, has inordinate CPU usage, eventually causes MSN explorer to become nonfunctional or to shut down the whole MSN program because it has "encountered a problem", and is even disabling Internet Explorer "Bing" search (yes)! The MSN partners {level 3 tech support}, in an effort to resolve the issue informed me that I have too many email folders and that if I don't reduce the number of folders to 20 or less the above issues will persist (I have ~150 email folders).

Since the techs have no fix, nor even a suggestion to fix the issue (other than to reduce the amount of folders I have), I'm looking for a solution using Outlook 2007.

Goals:

1. Export all of my email (including the folders they're in) to Outlook. (The MSN account accesses my hotmail account, and they synchronize, so in essence I imagine I would be exporting from hotmail).

2. Once all my email is exported and available to view and manipulate in Outlook, I want to disable synchronization between Outlook and MSN/Hotmail *with the exception of the inbox* if possible. (If I allow synchronization, once I delete folders in MSN/hotmail, I assume the same would happen in Outlook). * I would want to keep the inbox synchronized, so messages that I can't put into the (20) remaining folders on MSN/Hotmail can be put into the (previous) original folders that were "saved" to Outlook. If I can't synchronize only the inbox(es), I'd like to be able to easily send my emails from MSN/Hotmail to Outlook so I'll be able to put them into the folders I originally had on MSN, but are now Outlook folders (since I will only have 20 folders left on MSN/Hotmail).

Am I asking to much? Is this type of scenario possible? I haven't set up Outlook (2007) yet, and have never used a previous version (Outlook virgin, LOL), so if and when I do, do I "acquire" a unique email address for Outlook? Thanks for any information any one can provide! Also, is there anything I have to watch out for (bugs, issues, etc.) in Outlook 2007?

J

JetEye7

Raju,
Before I would ever download the Outlook connector, I would want to know I could use it in the ways described above. Giving me a link that I already have doesn't answer the questions I've asked!

R

Raju S Das

When you download Outlook connector and configure the email account

1) All the folders and emails would download to your Outlook

2) Once the download is completed you can move all your important emails to you Outlook folders

3) Delete all the unwanted emails which you do not want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B Too many ' tasks' when checking email Using Outlook 1
B Task Filter Not Working When I add too many criteria Using Outlook 0
D Too many scripts? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
GregS Outlook 2016 Too Many Archives Using Outlook 0
C too many choices for time zones! can i reduce to actual time zones only? Using Outlook 1
M warning for too many appointments on a same day in Outlook Using Outlook 1
M Charter ISP Claims Outlook Generating STMP Errors of Too Many Recipients Using Outlook 1
D Meeting Request - Too Many Recipients Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky "Too many files" Error Message New Slipstick.com Articles 0
O W-a-a-y too many PSTs (Outlook 2003) Using Outlook 0
A Importing too many emails from Gmail Using Outlook 2
mikecox Too many "contacts" lists Using Outlook 2
R Too Many Devices Using Outlook 2
R Too many folders in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 11
D Navigate to my calendar. Too many steps Exchange Server Administration 2
B Problem with fix for "Too Many Contact Folders" Using Outlook 3
D Outlook 2010 error - you are attempting to attach too many files at once Using Outlook 11
C 452 4.1 1. requested action aborted:try again later, too many recipients Using Outlook 4
R Too many inboxes Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
P Outlook pst file is too huge with POP3. How to save more space? Using Outlook 4
B Calendar shows too much info by default Using Outlook 0
C BCM Text Boxes & tabs are too short when downloading to Office 365 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
V Your Imap server wants to alert you to the following: Message too large Using Outlook 4
S New Quick Step based on Team email QS - automatically update too Using Outlook 1
V IMAP: email is too large Using Outlook 1
R Attachments make individual messages and meeting notices too large Outlook Wishlist 0
J Contact page too large for screen. Can't see categories, etc. Using Outlook 1
J Microsoft Outlook 2007 Font Size Too Small Using Outlook 1
A My move to MS is not going too well: Need Help !!! Using Outlook 14
M Font Size Too Small When Replying and Sendig Emails on Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
G Opening messages takes too long Using Outlook 5
S too difficult of a question to google Using Outlook 2
E OWA phones home too much? Exchange Server Administration 1
S Using Scanpst too often? Using Outlook 2
H Too simple I would think but.. Using Outlook 1
J Contacts in 32bit 2010 filled with Bounce Emails (and contacts too)! Using Outlook 1
Y Changing colour of selection bar in Outlook (too light, needs to be grey) Using Outlook 4
A Is my archive too big? Using Outlook 1
M send/ receive action too often Using Outlook 2
L Drop down menu box in Office 2003 are too small. I cannot see all the information to fill out serve Using Outlook 2
C How do I fix these problems? Too vague? Using Outlook 1
V Incoming message too large to receive in Outlook 2007 - how to delete it so both send/receive again Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Re: Font size too large on received emails in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
R Exch 2010 SP1 .pst file import taking far too long ? Exchange Server Administration 70
D Font size too large on received emails in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 26
N error when copying outlook data "can not copy: the path too deep" Using Outlook 6
A Eseutil File Dump fails in the path to the file is too long... Exchange Server Administration 2
J Moved many emails to Outlook external folder, need to delete on Gmail server Using Outlook 14
T Many problems with outlook.com - will upgrade to Outlook soon Using Outlook 1
GregS Many Sent Item folders Using Outlook 3