Sending mail from an IMAP account does not store sent mail on the correct folder

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DarkScytale

Hello,

I'm using Outlook 2007 with windows 7 and I've configured on it a single IMAP folder and I've configured the folder where sent mail should be copied.

Most of the time it works, but from time to time, outlook stores sent mail on the "sent mail" of my personal folder.

Then I've a part of my sent mail on a folder (the IMAP sent mail folder) and another part on the sent mail of my Personal folder.

Is there any kind of configuration to correct this ?

Sebastien

G

Gordon B-P

I suspect you will find that it does this when you make use of a specific function - mailing a document from within Office for example will save the sent item to the default pst file NOT the IMAP sent folder. AFAIK there's nothing you can do about that - you need to move the sent item to the IMAP Sent folder manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M IMAP & Exchange accounts sending mail Using Outlook 1
C IMAP E-mail sending errors Using Outlook 1
H Custom autoforwarding, sending mail through outlook office 365 Using Outlook 1
C How to avoid sending mail to the wrong contact person New Slipstick.com Articles 1
C Change From address while sending a new mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
T What code to use to move the custom field values to message body when sending e-mail ? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
A Shortcut for sending complete mail Using Outlook 1
R How to Block from sending mail to public domain. Using Outlook 8
S Checking attachment is passward protected or not before sending the mail Using Outlook 1
A Application_ItemSend not accessed when sending email outside outlook (i.e. word or send to mail from Using Outlook 7
R POP3 Mail repeating while sending to group of recipient Using Outlook 1
J Sending Mail From A Different Address Using Outlook 2011 for Mac Using Outlook 0
N Sending encrypted signed mail using outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
A How to send Personalized attachment while sending mass mail Using Outlook 1
E Outlook invitation request mail sending twice problem Using Outlook 1
W Sending video attachment with e-mail Using Outlook 1
D Sending mass e-mail (picture only) Using Outlook 1
B __Task 'Email removed for privacy - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0D) : 'Cannot find the e-mail s Using Outlook 3
S Remove modal window when sending through IE's 'Send Page by E-mail' Using Outlook 2
B my outlook has stopped receiving and sending e mails to and from my aol e mail Using Outlook 3
J Outlook 2010 account for sending mail only Using Outlook 2
D Sending mail not working for one user account Exchange Server Administration 1
B Outlook Express E-mail Sending Error Message Using Outlook 1
L Sudden problem with sending receiving att.net e-mail account accessed through outlook 2007 Using Outlook 3
N Stop accepting connections for sending e-mail from users not having a mailbox Exchange Server Administration 6
C Having problems with taking items out of one folder and sending them into inbox or sending items back to my e-mail address of Email removed for privac Using Outlook 2
V Exchange 2010 - problem sending mail from one server Exchange Server Administration 5
M Re: Sending e-mail through Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 1
F Mail Delivery Errors sending to any Hotmail account recipients.__ Using Outlook 2
R Sending e-mail Outlook 2003(SMTP) using SSL and port 587 Using Outlook 4
M Sending e-mail through Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 2010 sending out blank emails in reply to incoming mail- of it's own accord. Using Outlook 1
B Sending E-Mail Using Outlook 2
R sending mail from applications like quick books Using Outlook 1
I Outlook 2007 showing 2 e-mail addresses instead of 1 when sending e-mail to recipients using Outlook 2007. Using Outlook 2
J mass email limitations when sending mails using mail merge. Using Outlook 2
D Automatic respond for sending mail problem Exchange Server Administration 4
W Outlook 2007 stop sending mail, can receive but not send email Using Outlook 2
Z Outlook 2007 + Windows 7 + LDAP = Extremly slow mail sending Using Outlook 2
M Exchange 2010 Sending to certain mail domain fails Exchange Server Administration 4
R words and complete sentences ae lost when sending e-mail Using Outlook 3
E Having difficulty sending or receiving mail from the other Hotmail account I opened the error messag Using Outlook 1
T Sending reported error (0x80042109) outlook cannot connect to outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server __ Using Outlook 4
A Conflict message when sending mail in Outlook Using Outlook 2
I sending and receiving mail is not working Using Outlook 2
G Problems Sending Publisher Mail Merge Newsletters Through Outlook. Using Outlook 1
G Email- Can't Receive mail in Outlook ( sending OK) Using Outlook 1
R Sending an E-Mail Using Outlook 1
D trouble sending e-mail from home to work Using Outlook 1
M I get the following error message when tryiong to send some emails.__'Relaying denied: You must check for new mail before sending mail.' Using Outlook 2