After account change folders are missing but files still remain - How do I find them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike Z 69

I recently moved my email host to a company that has Microsoft Exchange hosting for my Outlook 2007. I was previously using it as a pop email so all of the emails were stored locally.

I forgot to do a backup/archive but fortunately the PST files remained in tact and I was able to load them into outlook giving me access to my address book and my former inbox.

I noticed that all of my old folders were missing so I did a search (Windows 7) was able to find an email I searched for in a folder called (folders/west in personal folders).

When I look in my personal folders the folder west is not there but it should be but the search turning up the email and the folder indicates that it is still somewhere on the computer. Windows 7 does not allow me to dig any deeper so I do not know what the next steps are to locate these folders.

Any thoughts would be appreciated but an extensive web search brought up similar, but not the same, inquiries but little to no resolutions.

Running MS Office 2007 Pro and Windows 7 Pro. Exchange server and new email services all working properly.

M

Mike Z 69

I did a search in windows for an email that I was certain was stored in a missing folder. Sure enough windows found one of them stored in " Personal (Folders/West)" and I can read the email by double clicking on it. The problem is I cannot find the folder. I can't seem to find any results doing a search for the folder but I can find them by doing a search for specific emails. Finding the emails, however, lead me no closer to finding where the folders are hiding.

I did find many PST files all over the computer and strange, but they were all updated last on the same day so I imported them all and still they did not reveal the folders.

M

Mike Z 69

I currently use an Exchange account. I previously used a pop account. Due to using the pop account the (OLD EMAILS AND FOLDERS) were stored locally.

M

Mike Z 69

I had to move the folders I wanted backed up into my inbox as a sub folder then the steps in your link worked! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
E Change sending account depending on Subjectline Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Example VBA Macro - To Conditionally Change the From Account and Add a BCC Address on Emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
J Change POP account to Forwarder - What happens in Outlook? Using Outlook 2
H Change Default Email Account Using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
Davzell Change default pop3 account with script, prf or registery ? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Change default "automatically test account settings when Next is clicked" Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Change the Social Connector Account New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Fozzie Bear Change the Display Name recipients see for Exchange account Exchange Server Administration 0
G Outlook2013 - "From" name doesn't change even when changed in Account Setting Using Outlook 4
G Default Account Change Using Outlook 5
O Exchange + pst: Can I change the default Outlook calendar/tasks/account? Exchange Server Administration 2
S change smtp in exchange account Using Outlook 1
E how to restrict user to change pop account settings Using Outlook 1
H Change the e-mail address when create a new user account Exchange Server Administration 1
J Change Email Account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
D How to change account used for replies from default Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
M Change the account from sending e-mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S how to add my custom items to "Change E-mail Account" dialog Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P SendUsingAccount to change from account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Outlook SendUsingAccount to change from account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
C Outlook with Office365 - search across account, by date rate, in multiple folders - how? Using Outlook 1
E Conditional formatting - when current account <> received account ? Using Outlook 3
M Microsoft 365 Outlook keeps requesting password on Local Account Using Outlook 1
R How to get the Items object of the default mailbox of a specific account in a multiple account Outlook? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Auto display of new email does not work on non-default account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
O Email not leaving Outbox when using Excel VBA to sync Outlook account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D Outlook 2016 Migrate 'On My Computer' (local storage) Calendar from Mac Outlook to Exchange Account Using Outlook 5
Marc2019 Need help please! Cannot Setup my outlook email account on my Mac Outlook 2011 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
W Receiving mail for account that has been deleted Using Outlook 2
M Gmail is not downloading in my outlook account Using Outlook 0
D Outlook 2010 account setup fails in particular domain Using Outlook 3
W Account icons Outlook for Android Using Outlook 1
Marc2019 Setting up an Outlook Account on Mac Os 10.6.8 Outlook 2011 Using Outlook 1
Marc2019 Cannot setup Outlook Account on Mac Os 10.6.8 Using Outlook 3
V Scheduled backup of imap account Using Outlook 7
A Created a new user account and the local account cannot see email Using Outlook 3
R How Can I backup office 365 account? Exchange Server Administration 1
T Cannot connect to main BT email account, sub accts okay Using Outlook 0
RBLampert Assigning a newly (re)created e-mail account to a specific .pst data file Using Outlook 2
Z Account setup on Android Using Outlook 3
D Adding Enterprise Exchange Email Account to Outlook Prevents Sending via Outlook.com Account Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 10
H Custom Signature Not Displayed When Account Selected Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
F Send As a Gmail account via outlook Web Using Outlook 3
X Unable to send an email from one account to another on same PC Using Outlook 2
Z Script to set account? Using Outlook 0
T Outlook changes default account Using Outlook 1
P Account Changes Using Outlook 4
N Copies of emails from rules have wrong from: account Using Outlook 0
S Add Exchange Account as Secondary to Existing PST? Exchange Server Administration 1
M Inbox not showing to deliver new email to this account Using Outlook 3