IMAP Sent Items with Attachment

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Peter Baranyi

Hi,

I have Outlook 2010 (x64) and I connect with IMAP to out mail server. If I select a file from the file structure with Windows Explorer, and I right click on it, than select Send/Send to Mail recipient, than the mail will not saved into the IMAP Sent Items folder, but it will stay in the local PST's Sent Items. The same happens, if I open the file in Word or Excel, and I select File/Send/Send as Attachment.

If I create the mail first (from Outlook), than I drop the file on it, than it is working well, the mail saved into the appropriate IMAP folder.

I already recreated the Outlook profile, I tryed to set up the " Sent Items" folder in the Account Settings, no change.

Any idea? Is this a bug?

G

Gordon B-P

No it's not a bug, it's just how Outlook does IMAP. (2007 does the same thing). There's nothing you can do about if AFAIK other than to manually move the sent email from the local pst Sent Items to the IMAP Sent Items...If you find my response helpful, please click on the " Vote as Helpful" button!Thank you!

P

Peter Baranyi

Thanks for your answer, however I must admit, that it is not very nice. Couple of colleagues uses Thundenbird without this trick...

G

Gordon B-P

Thanks for your answer, however I must admit, that it is not very nice. Couple of colleagues uses Thundenbird without this trick...

Thunderbird does IMAP much better then Outlook.... ;-)If you find my response helpful, please click on the " Vote as Helpful" button!Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Macro to move sent items from local folder to IMAP folder Using Outlook 4
B Can't see Sent Items folder in OL 2010 Imap Using Outlook 1
V Outlook 2010 IMAP Sent Items some items appear in Outlook Data File Using Outlook 3
A Outlook 2007 - single exchange Sent items, duplicate IMAP sent items? Using Outlook 2
P Outlook 2010 with IMAP: Location of Sent items with attachment Using Outlook 3
S Outlook (2016 32bit; Gmail IMAP) - Save sent message to Outllook Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
N Sent emails not reflected in all IMAP Folders Using Outlook 4
J IMAP - Sent Folder not sticking Using Outlook 1
P Outlook Keeps Synchronizing IMAP "Sent Mail" Folder Using Outlook 0
A Outlook 2013 IMAP using Google Mail App not syching Sent Mail Using Outlook 3
J Save emails in the IMAP sent folder Using Outlook 2
M IMAP: Attachment column gone from sent folder. Using Outlook 4
D Sending mail from an IMAP account does not store sent mail on the correct folder Using Outlook 1
M aoutlook 2010 sent from is not using default imap Using Outlook 1
B how to add my own imap email account with full calendar privileges to exchange/outlook to avoid invites being sent 'on behalf of' my exchang Using Outlook 2
M Outlook 2007/iMap - Sent messages appear in inbox. Using Outlook 4
Terry Sullivan Sender's Name Doesn't Appear in the From Field on Outlook 365/IMAP Using Outlook 2
M Managing Gmail "All Mail" sync issues with IMAP Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2016 Moving IMAP emails to Exchange Using Outlook 1
K Outlook 2016 - controlling IMAP OST size with Group Policy not working Using Outlook 1
V Scheduled backup of imap account Using Outlook 7
glnz How set up new IMAP on Outlook-Office 365 and merge in pst from Outlook 2003 for same two email accounts? Using Outlook 5
David Langer Outlook 2016 (365) How to restore the ability to Re-Map iCloud IMAP Folders Using Outlook 5
D Outlook 2013 Yahoo IMAP Sync problems Using Outlook 1
P IMAP Folders Dialog Box Using Outlook 1
O How to recover rules after switch from POP3 to IMAP Using Outlook 2
O Benefits of Exchange over IMAP and why would I choose Exchange? Using Outlook 2
P Desktop doesn't index Outlook IMAP files, laptop Outlook does index those same IMAP files Using Outlook 2
B What is best IMAP .OST file to .PST file converter solutions? Using Outlook 1
I IMAP - are emails dynamically fetched from server as required? Using Outlook 2
I Convert POP3 account (PST) to IMAP (.OST) Using Outlook 3
Mark Foley Color Categories on IMAP mail lost when installing new Windows 7 workstation Using Outlook 12
CWM030 Outlook 2016 with imap emails keep Resurrecting themselves? Using Outlook 5
CWM030 Archiving ON the imap server Using Outlook 3
Y Outlook not displaying all imap emails Using Outlook 5
Y IMAP errors with Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2016 IMAP Connection Returns All Email but outlook.com does NOT Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
Z Can't delete IMAP folder Using Outlook 2
GaryW88 2016 Archiving IMAP keeping mail on Gmail Server Using Outlook 1
N Error 0x80090326 when trying to setup IMAP account on Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
M cannot change delivery folders with IMAP accounts Using Outlook 0
E 365 Outlook changed from POP3 to IMAP,all contacts lost Using Outlook 3
O POP3 vs iMAP? Using Outlook 1
B How to 'really' delete IMAP emails? Using Outlook 6
K IMAP Server Wants to alert you to the following: cannpt rename system folder Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Setting up an Outlook.com IMAP account New Slipstick.com Articles 0
M 10 Imap gmail accounts into OL2016-32b want 1 calendar Using Outlook 3
Liz Schneider PST from Outlook 2013 is now IMAP folders in 2016 Using Outlook 10
L Gmail POP, Android IMAP, Outlook 2013 setup close Using Outlook 5
B IMAP folders don't update when Outlook 365 opens Using Outlook 0