Outlook 2007 slow folder content display after installing kb2412171

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

harrymac9

After the 12/14/2010 MS updates, Outlook 2007 now takes about 7 seconds to display folder contents, even if folder is empty.

H

harrymac9

Yes, it acts the same, but i'm not sure how to tell that Outlook is really running in safe mode or not.

J

john1997

After the 12/14/2010 MS updates, Outlook 2007 now takes about 7 seconds to display folder contents, even if folder is empty.

same problem here - my inbox now takes 42 seconds to display when switching from other folders - what is going on??? is there a fix? can we undo the Dec 14 2010 update?

I found the solution in case someone else experiences this: uninstalling patch kb2412171 will return Outlook to its normal speed.

N

n2teeth

Yes, I did the updates today and am experiencing the same " slowdown" when I click/change folders and/or views. Nothing I have tried (clean-up, defrag, compact) has helped. How can you release " biggest update to date" and not test against Outlook? Doesn't make sense. We are at their mercy when the updates are installed, and then left with the hassle and frustration of an imperfect update. AHHHHHHHHHH!

N

n2teeth

I tried the suggestion of safe mode, but that didn't resolve the issue so I took the other suggestion to heart and removed patch kb2412171 and that worked. Outllook is back to responding as expected when selecting/changing folders. Now when I check for updates, the windows updater says I need to install the important update that I just deleted. Thanks John1997 for finding the acute solution.

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

What anti-virus software are you using? Do you have IE9 or Xobni installed by any chance?

H

harrymac9

Microsft SE, NO and NO. I unistalled kb2412171 as suggested, now the performance is back to what it was. Thanks john1997.

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

O.K., thanks. The Outlook team in Redmond is looking into it.

H

harrymac9

Thanks, funny thing is the MS updates all installed on Dell desktop with Win7, MS SE, Office 2007, did not have this problem.

Only on my Dell 1737 :(

H

harrymac9

Yes, same network, desktop is wired, nb is wireless. desktop has Office standard 2007, nb has Office Pro 2007.

H

harrymac9

Noticed that the nb has " Outlook Connector" and " Business Contact Manager" on teh toolbar - the desktop that has no performance issue with the update does not have either of these.

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

That's interesting. Can you go into Add-ins and disable the Outlook Connector Com Add-in? Some people have reported disabling that can make a difference.

D

djv1

I also had the slow down with a Dell XPS410 with Win 7 and Outlook 2007. I uninstalled Outlook Connector and the Outlook performance is back to the pre-update state.

H

harrymac9

It's full name was COM Addin for Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector - OK. I disabled this and re-installed the KB2412171 update. Restarted Outlook. Definitely a lot snappier. Thanks, but do I need the add-in??

J

JohnNeedsComputerHelp

same problem here - my inbox now takes 42 seconds to display when switching from other folders - what is going on??? is there a fix? can we undo the Dec 14 2010 update?

I found the solution in case someone else experiences this: uninstalling patch kb2412171 will return Outlook to its normal speed.

The advice above worked for me. Outlook is back to its normal speed. Thank you. Uninstalled patch as follows: control panel/windows updates/view update history/installed updates, and I then highlighted the update to uninstall, right clicked, and hit uninstall. Operating system is Windows 7.

H

harrymac9

As reported elsewhere, another side effect of kb2412171 is the disappearance of the 'archive' features - not the archive folders, just the FILE-Archive and folder/properties AutoArchive tab, etc. So I have backed out this update (again) and restored the COM-AddIn. When I stated that it was 'snappier' above I meant just that. Now without the kb2412171 update, it is really snappy, no more of the 'loading...' between folder changes.

L

larry_rubin

Thank you! This was the solution.

I think this also affected receiving gmail into Outlook. Once I removed patch kb2412171 my gmail started coming in.

T

Tugberk_Ugurlu_

I am having the same issue and it is quite sure that it has a bug in it.

After this update, my outlook became very slow. When I am going from one folder to another, it loading e-mails like 5 or 10 seconds later (the e-mail amount is not big). It started after this update and a friend of mine is having the same problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z "Mark All as Read" in Outlook 2007 extremely slow Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2007 - Slow opening folders when inserting attachments Using Outlook 2
N outlook 2007 slow with signed e-mails Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2007 Slow Since Office 2010 Installed Using Outlook 1
G Outlook 2007 is Slow Using Outlook 3
B Outlook 2007 is very slow to switch between mail, contacts, and calendar. Using Outlook 2
R Outlook 2007 increadibly slow after compacting .pst file Using Outlook 4
L Outlook 2007 slow to switch view from one folder to another Using Outlook 8
O Outlook 2007 Ultimate Slow after December Update Using Outlook 8
S Outlook 2007 isvery slow and non resonsive in Windows 7 Pro Using Outlook 2
M Shared Calenders very slow, Exchange 2007 with Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
Z Outlook 2007 + Windows 7 + LDAP = Extremly slow mail sending Using Outlook 2
F outlook 2007 too slow Using Outlook 12
A Outlook 2007 - Adding an attachment, browsing is slow Using Outlook 1
E Re: LDAP search is very slow with Outlook 2007 running on Windows 7 Using Outlook 1
E LDAP search is very slow with Outlook 2007 running on Windows 7 Using Outlook 1
N outlook 2007 slow with signed e-mail tumbleweed Using Outlook 1
E LDAP search is very slow with Outlook 2007 running on Windows 7 Using Outlook 5
S Windows 7 Outlook 2007 Slow to Receive Using Outlook 11
M Slow performance of Outlook 2007 / Vista Indexing with > 8 GB mailbox Using Outlook 4
S Verwendung von Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 0
A Arthur needs help with 2007 Outlook e-mail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
M PST import from Outlook 2007 to 2010 - Address Book contacts all in 1 group Using Outlook 4
S outlook 2007 calendar search Using Outlook 6
B Migrate Outlook 2007 to Office 365 Using Outlook 3
X I have met my waterloo trying to resolve embedded graphics problem with outlook 2007 and now 2016 Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2007 only loads some appointments Using Outlook 0
C Move Outlook 2007 to new PC with Outlook 365 Using Outlook 3
J Outlook 2007 Hide Messages Option not Available Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2007 Calendar instant search problem. Windows 7 Using Outlook 4
S Outlook 2007 Calendar instant search problem. Windows 7 Using Outlook 0
B Server errors Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
S Reboot of frozen windows7 results in changed outlook 2007 settings Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2007 printing wrong email address at top of page Using Outlook 8
M Configure outlook 2007 to accept digital signatures Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2007 crashes when opening an email Using Outlook 2
R New chap saying hello and needing advice on Outlook 2007 thumbnails Using Outlook 3
icacream From Outlook 2007 to 2016 ! Using Outlook 9
vodkasoda Object could not be found Error in Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
S Outlook 2007: Address Cards allow entering text! Why? Using Outlook 3
S View Appointment in Text Wrap in Outlook 2007 Month Calendar View Using Outlook 0
L Outlook 2007 Separate the Send/Receive functions Using Outlook 2
M Outlook 2007 Contacts Glitch: Creating a new email Using Outlook 1
C Move from Outlook 2007 Enterprise (MOE) to Outlook Pro plus 2007 Using Outlook 1
J reinstalling Outlook 2007 asking for user name & password Using Outlook 14
P outlook addin unloaded in office 2007 Using Outlook 0
B Fonts in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 4
R Add Exchange Account to existing POP3 Outlook 2007 Profile Using Outlook 0
C out of space in file group Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
A Moving archived contents in Outlook 2007 back into working folders Using Outlook 0