Preparing to Send hangs Outlook 2007 after recent Windows Update...

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rob Ainscough

Foolishly I ran Windows Update which found Outlook 2007 and installed some " security updates and filters" . Well after it successfully installed, Outlook 2007 GUI has become very slow and unresponsive and it frequently " hangs" after I hit the Send button on any Email message. Just clicking from one folder to the next in Outlook is very slow (I have about 35 folders).

I have Outlook working with two mail accounts. One is my work account which is POP/SMTP. The other is my MSN account which is MAPI using Outlook Hotmail Connector 32-bit (14.0.5117.5000)

I've done the usual diagnostics:

1. Compact .PST files

2. Made sure my MSN outlook connector is current

3. Checked my Add-Ins

I have the following AddIns active:

COM Addin for Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector

Microsoft Exchange Unified Messaging

Microsoft Office SharePoint Server Colleague Import Add-in

Microsoft Outlook Mobile Service

OneNote Notes about Outlook Items

Outlook Backup Addin

Windows Search Email Indexer

The only Addin I " think" I need is the COM Addin for Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector, but I don't really know and as usual with Microsoft products they don't provide any " easy to find" clues as to what is and isn't required.

Any suggestions?

Rob

R

Rob Ainscough

Thank you, I uninstalled the KB update and problem was solved.

On a side note, the " manual download" web page for this update appears to be " broken" ... clicking the link takes you to some page that appears to have nothing to do with KB2412171. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=c5ab9c27-1953-424a-95f9-c589a73bfca1

Anyway, the files that Microsoft listed for the OUTLOOK.EXE date/time stamp are different than what was provided in the Windows update ... suttle difference in time stamp.

Unfortunately MS updates these days are becoming more and more problematic, more often than not I find MS updates cause more problems than they attempt to fix. It has become so time consuming that I've turned OFF Automatic updates and I'll take my " security risk" chances. Not exactly a good solution, but a working PC is better than a non-functional one regardless of the risk. Perhaps Microsoft don't subscribe to this philosophy?

R

Roady [MVP]

The KB has been pulled to prevent any further spread. There will be a fixed version published later on; either as a newer version or as a new KB article.

The time stamp difference is because of the change in time zones.

Robert Sparnaaij

R

Rob Ainscough

Ok, good to know a fix is in the works.

You lost me on the " change in time zones" ?? Isn't the purpose of a time stamp to be consistant and static and not affected by time zones? In other words, at the point/location the final build is made, it's the time zone of the build location that gets put in stone so to speak -- am I missing something? If it's not static, then it probably should NOT be included as that only adds confusion.

P

Pebble900

I gather that's why I couldn't find the KB file to uninstall as it was pulled -- by Microsoft? I don't have email access and wonder if there is a workaround and there is any kind of ETA on the fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Outlook 2007 Error sharing Calendar: Error while preparing to send sharing message Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
H Outlook 2010 : Error while preparing to send sharing message Exchange Server Administration 8
D Outlook 2003 outgoing email now shows as "preparing to send..." Using Outlook 1
F Error preparing to share contacts Using Outlook 1
L Preparing for 70-663 Exam Exchange Server Administration 14
A Unflag Inbox and Flag Inbox with Orange Category After Item is send Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
glnz O365 - How to send from acct 2 but showing email name from acct 1 as From - alias? Using Outlook 1
S Outlook Macro to send auto acknowledge mail only to new mails received to a specific shared inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
diver864 vba for a rule to automatically accept meeting requests with 'vacation' in subject, change to all-day event, change to free, don't send reply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
PGSystemTester VBA To Change AppointmentItem.BusyStatus From MeetingItem Before Send Using Outlook 0
C Synchronizing subscribed folders causes hanging during send/receive process Using Outlook 2
M Extract all links from Outlook email, send to Excel Using Outlook 2
A VBA macro for 15 second loop in send and received just for 1 specific mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Outlook 365 - suddenly unable to send using Gmail POP3 Using Outlook 10
T After I send a new email, it remains in the Draft folder Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
B Programmatically force html send and insert clipboard contents into body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Change VBA script to send HTML email instead of text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M ERROR: None of your email accounts could send to this recipient Using Outlook 2
C Send/receive error 80040119 Using Outlook 2
J Send Again NDR Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Add an Attachment Using an Array and Match first 17 Letters to Matching Template .oft to Send eMail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
ChrisK2 Send email to advertise@slipstick.com fails: "The group advertising isn't set up to receive messages from..." Using Outlook 3
B resend if no reply and send an automatic reminder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F Send As a Gmail account via outlook Web Using Outlook 3
R auto send email when meeting closes from a shared calendar only Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
X Unable to send an email from one account to another on same PC Using Outlook 2
S Meeting Invite arrives from Wrong ("send-as") Sender Using Outlook 1
M VBA to send reminder email if no response Using Outlook 13
D Using a VBA Custom Form to Send Reoccurring Email Upon Task Completion Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M Can't send email in outlook.com Using Outlook 9
R Can't Send calendar share invite Using Outlook 5
R Can't send messages to groups in Outlook Using Outlook 2
J Updating existing entry on shared calendar wants to send update from delegate Using Outlook 0
M Send/Receive error 0x800CCC0F Using Outlook 0
soadfan Outlook won't send e-mail when offline Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 19
B When working on emails in a certain folder, when I hit reply or reply all, I would like it re always reply all and add an email address to send to Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
N Outlook 2010 will not send nor receive Using Outlook 4
I Outlook 2013 Send problem - 'Not Responding' forever Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 10
K Delay Send and Mail Merge Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
A Capturing Send Variables without using Application_ItemSend in ThisOutlookSession Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
A Outlook - Send New 20 Attachments through Email Using Outlook 4
L Outlook 2007 Separate the Send/Receive functions Using Outlook 2
S Send email via SMTP - use transport rules to add to senders inbox (then rule to move to sent items Exchange Server Administration 1
undercover_smother Automatically Forward All Sent Mail and Delete After Send Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
L How to automaticlly Send/Receive every 3 mins but override send if send/receive is pressed Using Outlook 2
D Delay Send not working Using Outlook 3
F Send multiple batch tasks to single person Using Outlook 3
R Prompt asking the user to send email to folder as *.msg file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
stephen li VBA Outlook send mail automatically by specified outlook mail box Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Default Send Account that Works? Using Outlook 0