Outlook Print drops dates

• Thread starter Thomas McLaughlin - tomax7
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Thomas McLaughlin - tomax7

Outlook 2010 bug?

When printing a calendar, and do a change, ie: font size in one date, the date numbers dissappear, but not all.

Meaning, say I want to print a calendar for November 2010. All the blocks/squares for the dates are showing, along with the text (appointments) inside of them. Come to add/change a font to 18pt Arial on another date and then look in preview, everything is fine. Go to print and all the dates (1,2,3 etc) is missing till the 26th. Come back and change the font to 12pt and they show as well as print.

Using a network shared lexmark printer on Windows 7 and Office 2010 both are enterprize editions.

Weird.

T

Meaning, the actual date numbers, 1, 2, 3 dissappear, but the appointments or text inside those date squares still show.

Only the 26-30th show. Wonder if it has something to do with actual date as well, this being the 28th of Oct, and I want to print next month and the numbers dissappear till the 26th.

I can see them in Print preview no problem, but when going to print they are gone!

Change the font size or something and they show up again in the next print out.

J

Jahawk

Hi!

I would try changing the printer options for how the fonts print. Some printer drivers have settings for TrueType vs. raster, etc. Also, the printer memory may be coming into play (in other words, the printer doesn"t have enough memory to print the font in that size). Reducing the resolution (e.g. 600x600 to 300x300), might help.

Additionally, I am not able to reproduce the behavior your seeing. So.......

Would you please give me the exact steps you are going through to change the font and print the Calendar? My hopes are that I will be able to reproduce what you are seeing and be able to file a bug on it. Or uncover something from your steps that will allow me to find a previously filed bug on it. --It could be an issue that occurred in Outlook 2007 that ported to Outlook 2010.

Anyways, looking forward to hearing from you.

Happy Halloween!

Jahawk MSFT

T

Hi Jahawk.

Well, go figure, rebooted the machine, tried it again, and all the dates show. So must have been a memory lock or something.

I'll close this one, unless it happens again, will watch the machine. New Dell's with 3GB ram i5 Cores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Diane Poremsky Print a list of your Outlook folders New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Combine and Print Multiple Outlook Calendars New Slipstick.com Articles 0
L Outlook 2002: HTML Emails Will Not Print: Please Help Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky No drop down calendars in Outlook 2010 Print Options New Slipstick.com Articles 0
H Problems With Outlook 2013 VBA To Send and Print an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Outlook 2013 Categories won't print In color Using Outlook 2
R Can't modify Outlook view font with IE anymore (even though IE still affects print font) Using Outlook 5
E Outlook VBA to print attached Pdf to a fax printer and assign fax number Using Outlook 0
L Outlook 2010 Quick Print Attachment, nothing happend Using Outlook 0
O For Outlook 2007 - VBA to print attachments Using Outlook 1
W Cannot print Outlook 2007 emails Using Outlook 2
E Can't print from Outlook on wifi network Using Outlook 0
J calendar print setup in outlook 2010 Calendar Printing Assistant 1
J Outlook 2010 using Quick Print to print attachments Using Outlook 1
D Use Outlook 2003 embedded imaged cannot print from the mail preview list Using Outlook 4
P Outlook closes down after clicking on the quick print icon. Using Outlook 3
I Outlook 2010 Print Created Date on Drafts Using Outlook 3
A Outlook 11 for Mac won't print e-mail attachments Using Outlook 6
S How can I export or print a list of all my folder names in Outlook? Using Outlook 1
J Microsoft Outlook Calendar - end time of appointment has started printing but don't want it to print Using Outlook 2
E Outlook 2010 calendar print - select begin-end weeks for month print but Preview and print show ful Using Outlook 2
E How do I PRINT Outlook Contacts SEARCH RESULTS Using Outlook 2
R Select contacts and print labels for selected contacts from complete contact list in Outlook. Using Outlook 1
J Calendar print assistant outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
C print more than one month per page in outlook 2010 calendar Using Outlook 5
G Script Error message when trying to print e-mails using Outlook Mail Using Outlook 2
S Cannot print PDF attachments from Outlook mail Using Outlook 1
M trying to print emails but get Micorsoft Outlook contacting server for information Using Outlook 6
I How can you print a selection of an email from MS Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 2
K Print Contacts - Table Style in Outlook 2010 - no gridlines? Using Outlook 4
S Using Microsoft Outlook (2003) contact list to print envelopes in Microsoft Word Using Outlook 5
A Outlook save and print issues__ Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 2007 weekly calender print question Using Outlook 1
K Outlook 2010 print problems Using Outlook 2
H Can't print task list in Outlook. Using Outlook 1
A What happened to the print date picker in Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 4
A Automatic print in outlook: Using rules and alerts Using Outlook 3
P How to batch print outlook emails and attachments? Using Outlook 3
S Outlook Printing - How to Just Print Current or Selected Page Using Outlook 1
B How can you print the Bcc field in Outlook 2007? Using Outlook 3
J Can't print memo style from advanced find in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
D OUTLOOK 2010 crashes trying to print any e-mail with HTML formating. Using Outlook 5
A how to print multiple emails from Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 13
P outlook 2008 search box criteria couldn't be saved Using Outlook 2
pcunite Outlook 2019/O365 Build 13127.20408 errors when using MAPI calls Using Outlook 1
C Outlook with Office365 - search across account, by date rate, in multiple folders - how? Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2010 Outlook in Windows 10 keeps asking for user name and password repeatedly Using Outlook 14
S Outlook mail adressing stops after first match in GAL Using Outlook 0
A Apply Selected Emails to outlook rules and Run Rules Using Outlook 5
T Changing Sent Items location in Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 0