Strange macro prompt

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Logan Burt

We are using Outlook 2007 to access Exchange Server 2007.

I have a user who gets the following prompt whenever he opens some of his recurring meetings in his calendar:

" The form for this item has not been registered in this folder or in your company's forms library. Because this item contains macros, which could contain a virus harmful to your computer, you may not want to run the macros. If you are sure this item is from a trusted source, click 'Enable macros'. Otherwise, click 'Disable macros'. "

All the meetings that he gets this alert with appear to have been the result of accepting recurring meeting requests from several other users on the same Exchange Server, though not all such recurring meetings in his calendar have this alert. There appear to be several different sources for the meeting requests, so I think it is likely that there are actually no custom macros involved.

I gave myself rights to his mailbox and created an Outlook profile on my own workstation with his mailbox as the only mailbox in the profile, and I do NOT get the alert when accessing these same meetings on his calendar.

Any idea why he is getting these alerts?

Thank you very much for your help with this.

J

Jahawk

Hi!

Thanks for posting.

Sounds like a custom meeting form or COM Add-in\Exchange Client Extension. A couple of things you can do first, since it's only one user having the issue.

#1 Does the error occur when Outlook 2007 is running in safe mode?

- Safe mode will prevent any COM Add-ins or Exchange Client Extensions from loading.

- What COM Add-ins and Exchange Client Extensions are loading with Outlook 2007? -Click Tools | Trust Center | Add-ins | Select " COM Add-ins" and click Go. To see Exchange Client Extensions, click dropdown arrow next to COM Add-ins and select Exchange Client Extensions, then click Go.

- I would begin by restarting Outlook in normal mode. Make sure you can still repro error. If you can, uncheck all COM Add-ins and restart Outlook. If you can still repro, it's likely an Exchange Client Extension.

- If you don't repro with all COM Add-ins disabled, re-enable one at a time -restart Outlook after each one is enabled - until issue occurs. That's probably your culprit. Disable it again, then see if issue stops.

-If error occurs with all COM Add-ins unchecked, then uncheck all Exchange Client Extensions and do like we did with COM Add-ins until you see which Extension is creating the issue.

#2 Compare COM Add-ins and Exchange Client Extensions on the affected user's machine to your own. My guess is the difference could be the cause. Disable the ones you don't have on their machine and see if the issue persists.

Hope that gets you started. Good luck!

Jahawk MSFT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Strange Calendar Entries Using Outlook 4
ManaarZakaria I'm afraid of this issue, cause of strange error Exchange Server Administration 2
M Outlook.com autocomplete list invaded by strange items Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7
A Outlook 2016 - adding outlook.com account creates a new/strange address Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 18
M Outlook adds strange characters inserted into the Subject Line Using Outlook 2
E Strange Send/Receive count Using Outlook 3
F Strange problem with calendars Using Outlook 3
dolke Strange Outlook behavior when receiving emails. More info in the content... Using Outlook 7
A Two strange calender problems in Outlook 2003 ... Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 2010 inserting a strange character in new emails Using Outlook 2
A URL in legal disclaimer look strange when sent from OWA Exchange Server Administration 2
H Switching to a New Computer - My Very Strange Experience!!! Using Outlook 2
G Outlook 2007 appointment reschedule - strange behaviour in invitee calendars Using Outlook 1
D Strange behaviour of pop account. Exchange Server Administration 3
M Strange sorting in sort by day Using Outlook 2
H Strange Contact Behavior Using Outlook 3
R Strange Outlook 2003 problem Using Outlook 6
H Sent Emails contain strange characters Using Outlook 1
S Exchange 2010 Monitoring: Strange SCOM 2007 Database Copy volume space error Exchange Server Administration 4
M Strange issue with Out Of Office (autodiscovery URL?) and also certificate warning Using Outlook 3
W Strange Out of Office Issue Using Outlook 8
S Strange OWA behavior when trying to set up OOF Using Outlook 2
K Strange behaviour with (filesystem-)saved Mails (Ex 2010 with OL2k3/OL2k7) Exchange Server Administration 6
E Strange Outlook 2010 VPN problem Using Outlook 7
S Outlook 2007 Add-in strange load behavior Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
B strange change in Outlook 2000 forms Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Strange save request when closing Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
E Strange save request when closing Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S Strange Behaviour of Explorer Object. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Macro or plug-in to see if specific person was included in this email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
U Macro for reminders,tasks,calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
V macro runs slower on startup than after Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
N Macro to move all recipients to CC while replying Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A VBA macro for 15 second loop in send and received just for 1 specific mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G VBA Macro Calendar Printing Assistant 3
R Help Revising VBA macro to delete email over different time span Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Outlook macro to automate search and forward process Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
R Macro Schedule every day in Outlook Using Outlook 0
L Moving emails with similar subject and find the timings between the emails using outlook VBA macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Healy Consultants Macro to remove inside organization distribution list email address when reply to all recepients Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
geofferyh Cannot get Macro to SAVE more than one message attachment??? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
N How can I increase/faster outlook VBA Macro Speed ? Using Outlook 2
4 Macro to set the category of Deleted Item? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D.Moore Folder view settings by VBA macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 57
A Outlook macro to create search folder with mail categories as criteria Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Dave A Run macro on existing appointment when it changes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V Outlook Macro to show Flagged messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
O Run macro automatically at sending an email Using Outlook 11
R Retain Original Message When Forwarding With Macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
C Macro to add multiple recipients to message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3