Re: Please help correct Error on step 4 of converting Windows mail to Office Outlook 2007(already installed).

• Thread starter Jim O from Saint Louis
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jim O from Saint Louis

ERROR on step 4 "export could not be performed. An error occurried while initializing MAPI. How do I fix ?

Launch the Windows Mail application on your PC computer.

Open the "File menu at the top of the window, go to the "Export" submenu and choose "Messages."

Select the "Microsoft Exchange" option and then hit "Next."

Hit the "OK" button to confirm your decision to convert Windows Mail to Microsoft Outlook. ERROR Msg. "AN ERROR OCCURRED WHILE INITIALIZING MAPI" ??WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX ??

Log in to your Microsoft Outlook email account when the authentication window appears.

Choose to either convert all Windows Mail data or only specific mail folders.

Click on the "OK" button to export the data from Windows Mail and import it into your Outlook profile.

J

Jennifer Zhan

Hi,

The export is only if you have Outlook or Exchange installed. Copy the entire directory of dbx files to the Desktop of the your computer and make sure the files are not read only. Then in WLM use File | Import | Messages and point to that directory.

Hope that helps.

J

Jim O from Saint Louis

Hi Jennifer, Office Outlook 2007 is installed. Please give simple step by step instruction to do your recommendation. Thanks a ton. Jim the Novice

A

Abdias Ruiz

Jim,

First try to set Outlook as a default program and try to export mails. You may refer the following link to set a program as default:

1. Open Default Programs by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Default Programs.

2. Click Set your default programs.

3. Under Programs, click the e‑mail program you'd like to use, and then click Set this program as default.

4. Click OK.

For more information, you may refer the following link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Change-the-default-e-mail-program

You may also refer the following link to get more information on this issue

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistaprograms/thread/4935ed54-8142-4990-96ad-3a857a56d968.

Or, you may need to change the settings as described in article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/179637/en-us (method 2).
Abdias Ruiz [MSFT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
N I can't get my out of office reply to work. I know it is set up correct. Please help!! Using Outlook 2
R Disable conversation thread from replying of recipients in the same subject. Please help Using Outlook 0
Marc2019 Need help please! Cannot Setup my outlook email account on my Mac Outlook 2011 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
L Attachment saving and tracking - PLEASE help! Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
J Help Please!!! Outlook 2016 - VBA Macro for replying with attachment in meeting invite Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
S VBA Macro - Run-time error '424': object required - Help Please Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
L Outlook 2002: HTML Emails Will Not Print: Please Help Using Outlook 0
joflo copy contents from outlook to excell - please help. Using Outlook 4
A Help with VBA please! Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 15
Denis Hi everyone!!! Need some help with Excel to Exchange Calendar??PLEASE>>> Using Outlook 1
V Please help if you can. Problems with Bcc BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
C Please Help outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
J Please help to clarify an IMAP issue Using Outlook 7
M Address book doesn't update contacts? Please any help would be great! Exchange Server Administration 4
N Please help....winmail.dat issue...slowly going insane..... Using Outlook 1
A help please -Boolean - can I use .AND NOT etc in a rule Exchange Server Administration 0
A Advanced find query facilty Help please Using Outlook 2
C Can't import distribution list - help, please Using Outlook 1
F Help with Outlook 2007 Macro Please! Using Outlook 4
V [duplicates duplicates duplicates] please help Using Outlook 26
I can't view email body please help! Using Outlook 6
R VBA Macro to VBScript in a form- Help Please! Using Outlook 10
S Please help! -- Linked Account field at Business Contacts tab is always empty BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
A outlook error Receiving reported error (0x80040900) please help Using Outlook 4
D Help please my Outlook is frozen Using Outlook 3
H Outlook 2010: Cannot start!, please help me! Using Outlook 3
D Outlook 2007 not working>> Please help tried everything Using Outlook 3
U Need a help please Outlook 2007 crashing Using Outlook 2
M Updates to exchange server broke code - please help Using Outlook 2
K shared inbox help please Using Outlook 0
P Please Help me Create a Macro ! Using Outlook 2
J Help please Using Outlook 30
D A little bit of help with headers please? Exchange Server Administration 1
L PLEASE HELP: reconnect existing PST file to imap account Using Outlook 5
L PLEASE HELP: reconnect existing PST file to imap account Using Outlook 1
B Please help! Outlook, Exchange Server, and Customization BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
B Please help! Outlook, Exchange Server, and Customization Exchange Server Administration 0
D Please help. My live.edu mail will not sync. Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
M Database Availability Group confusion , Please help with a witness server problem Exchange Server Administration 6
S 0x800CCC33 error code. 'access to the account denied' 'server responded forbidden. Please help. Using Outlook 1
B Please Help!!! With .pst related matter. Using Outlook 1
S I can send e-mails but not receive any. When I highlight the server box I get this....please help!__ Using Outlook 1
S Outlook Performance Issues - Help please! Using Outlook 1
W I have outlook 2007, and it is not saving my contacts when I send an email, please help! Using Outlook 2
K Viewing email online help please Using Outlook 1
X Outlook Not Showing All Contacts, but they are listed in Exchange - Please Help Exchange Server Administration 5
K i may have saved a critical document into my HOTMAIL account by mistake - is there any way to recover it, please help! Using Outlook 2
H Restore emails to Microsoft Outlook Web Access that were drawn down by Outlook 2003 - Help PLEASE! Exchange Server Administration 4
F Incoming email titles - i need them back (please help...) Using Outlook 2
A I can't uninstall Office 2010 Beta! Help please! Using Outlook 1