Unable to open links in email

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BRM57

I am unable to open any embedded link contained in an email. When I click on any link, I received the following dialogue box message. "This operation has been canceled due to retrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." Well I am the administrator. This problem has only occurred within the last couple of days. I can't think what has changed. I am running Avast anti-virus. I have trawled through the various outlook and internet explorer tabs but can't find a solution.

Brian

R

Russ Valentine

Surprised you can't find a solution. The answer is posted several times a day. Here is the answer again: This is a problem with your Internet Settings. It is not an Outlook error. You need to reset your internet settings in Control panel, Internet options, Advanced tab.
See This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions for more information.

Russ Valentine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
I unable to open up web links that are inserted in emails Using Outlook 3
C I am unable to open web links in my Outlook mail. I get an error message that states: This function Using Outlook 1
J Unable to open links in Outlook mail Using Outlook 2
E Unable to open Outlook 2010 after adding new email account Using Outlook 4
G Outlook calendar entry corrupted. Constant pop up when you open outlook. Unable to delete or remove. Using Outlook 2
T Unable to open msg files in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 11
B unable to open signed emails Using Outlook 1
A Exception message: MapiExceptionLogonFailed: Unable to open message store Exchange Server Administration 1
D Unable to open hotmail, error hotmail.ost is not an offline folder file Using Outlook 3
A Unable to open BCM 2003 Using Outlook 1
N Unable to open your default e-mail folders. You must connect to your Microsoft Exchange Server compu Using Outlook 1
J The connection to the Microsoft Server is unavailable. Unable to open your default mail settings...t Using Outlook 1
S Unable to open old encrypted emails under a new Windows profile Using Outlook 8
R Unable to open/preview attachments in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 4
J .TIF Attachments will not open. Error: "Unable ot open document. If this is a Web document, check y Using Outlook 3
C Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. Exchange Server Administration 4
F Unable to open microsoft outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
R Get an error message "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable Unable to open the Outlook win Using Outlook 5
N Unable to Open Hyperlinks in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
R Unable to open default email folders - the server is not available. Using Outlook 10
D Outlook Unable to open BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
L Unable to Sync Web/Android MS To Do with Windows Outlook Tasks Using Outlook 3
A Unable to save recurring Meeting to Documents folder due to error Using Outlook 2
O Outlook 365 - suddenly unable to send using Gmail POP3 Using Outlook 10
S Outlook 2010 unable to change default font Using Outlook 7
Q Unable to Sync Quicken reminder with Outlook 2016 64Bit Using Outlook 1
S Unable to remove rule outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
L Wierd Office 365 Contact unable to edit body of random contacts Using Outlook 5
X Unable to send an email from one account to another on same PC Using Outlook 2
Mark Foley Unable to subscribe to published calendar in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 4
S Unable to Edit Contact Information in Certain Contact Folders Using Outlook 3
P Deleted Items - Unable to Iterate All of Items Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Unable to dismiss reminders from share point list calendar shared in Outlook Using Outlook 2
R Unable to install without email account Using Outlook 4
A Outlook 2016- unable to have all subfolders expanded when opening outlook Using Outlook 11
avant-guvnor Unable to view certain emails in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 16
M Unable to Configure Gmail Account in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
D Unable to Send On Behalf of Another User Exchange Server Administration 0
J Unable to link email messages in BCM using a single microsoft office 365 account in outlook 2013 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
Tim King Outlook 365 unable to change accounts Using Outlook 0
R Unable to send mail using Cox.net Using Outlook 1
T Unable to 'Upload a file' using popup 'Browse' button Using Outlook 0
D Unable to add email address to contact Using Outlook 3
O OL2000: Unable to create IMAP account Using Outlook 2
wallisellener Unable to reply/post/create new thread using Chrome BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
Rupert Dragwater unable to change font sizes in some replies Using Outlook 3
C Unable to see meeting attendees Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 5
M Unable to email from Word or Excel Using Outlook 11
O Unable to check name. Using Outlook 3
T Unable to create contacts subfolder in EAS profile Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 6