Switching Access from version 2010 to 2007 or 2003 causes Outlook to no longer be able to send or receive email.

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BozoBlippo

Switching Access from version 2010 to 2007 or 2003 causes Outlook 2010 to no longer be able to send or receive email. The Send/Receive button disappears. I added a second Send/Receive button which remains, but clicking it returns the error message "Not Implemented". Nothing I've tried except doing a full repair of Office fixes the Outlook Send/Receive problem.

I'm an Access developer so need to be able to run Access 2003, 2007 and 2010. I'm running Windows 7 Pro and Office 2010 Pro Plus. Sure would appreciate any help. Doing a repair every time I switch is getting VERY old!

BTW: I've been in the field since 1968 and taught college level CIS for 28 years... just so you don't ask if I've configured an email account in Outlook :>).

H

Harry Yuan

Hi,

From your description , I understand that the send and receive button missed in your Outlook 2010 when your switch Access from 2010 to 2007 or 2003.

It might be caused by corruption in the outlook profile.

Try a new Outlook profile to test the results:

Test with a new Outlook profile

1. Exit Outlook.

2. Go to Start > Control Panel, click or double-click Mail.

3. Click Show Profiles. Choose Prompt for a profile to be used.

4. Click Add.

5. Type a name for the profile, and then click OK.

6. Start Outlook, and choose this new profile.

If this problem does not occur in the new Outlook profile, the old Outlook is corrupted. We can delete that and use a new Outlook profile.

Sincerely,

Harry

B

BozoBlippo

Hi Harry,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give that a try, but don't expect that this is the problem as I can do the repair which doesn't touch the profile, and the Send/Receive button is back. Even if that does fix the problem, I sure don't want to have to create a new profile every time I switch versions :>). I'll let you know how I make out.

Have a sparkling week.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
V Switching from IMAP to POP Using Outlook 3
Diane Poremsky Help required for multiple identities when switching from POP to IMAP Using Outlook 1
A Switching folders in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
R Can't close Personal Folders after switching to Exchange 2010 Using Outlook 2
F Outlook loading when switching folders Using Outlook 1
B Switching folders is very slow Using Outlook 2
H The default e-mail account keeps switching to another account. I have to manually switch it back everytime I open Outlook. Using Outlook 2
O Slow loading when switching from folder to folder in Outlook Using Outlook 2
V Switching From POP 3 to IMAP creates unusable .PST data files and duplicate mail folders. Using Outlook 1
I Long delay in switching folders since I installed IE 9 Beta Using Outlook 2
G mal-function switching between 'mail' & 'calendar' screens Using Outlook 5
B Very slow performace when switching between mail folders. Using Outlook 4
H Switching to a New Computer - My Very Strange Experience!!! Using Outlook 2
A Switching from Offline to Online in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
D OWA switching format to plain text Using Outlook 2
J switching BCM between to computers BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
N Outlook 2007 -- Not responding when switching to Tasks, To Do lists // Business Contact Manager? Using Outlook 4
M VSTO Outlook2007 Addin. After switching from 3.5 to 2.0 Framework i get "'MSB3185: EntryPoint not sp Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G How to add a folder shortcut to outlook quick access toolbar? Using Outlook 6
D Lost Access to Custom Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Jennifer Murphy Grant R/W (update) access to a friend Using Outlook 3
O The page that you are trying to access cannot be loaded. Using Outlook 0
T Render Outlook emails in MS access as they appear in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T Outlook "A program is trying to access Outlook" Using Outlook 3
GregS Can't access archive file Using Outlook 5
J What is the best EntryID format to set on MS Access table Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J No access to a Database BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
R How can I access my emails from corrupt offline files of MS Outlook ? Using Outlook 1
V Change default default save location to Quick Access Using Outlook 1
R Quick Access view in File Explorer when saving attachments Using Outlook 0
D Disable or hide "reply" and "reply to all" and "forward" in email from access vba Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Open an outlook email by Subject on MS Access linked table with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
G Windows Update Causes BCM Database Access Problem? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
D populating listbox on custom form from Access Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
O Synchronize safe persons Outlook 2016 -> Outlook Web Access (OWA) Using Outlook 30
K How to access emails found to be located in "Top of Outlook data file"? Using Outlook 3
R Categorize Button in Quick Access Toolbar Disappears on New Email Using Outlook 1
O Outlook Web Access - how to disable spam filter Using Outlook 6
T Lost access to remote BCM database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
F Outlook 2016 bulk email from access Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Programmatic access grayed out Using Outlook 10
Diane Poremsky Synchronize Quick Access Toolbar and Ribbons? New Slipstick.com Articles 0
G Can't open .pst. Message could not access default folder (Outlook 2010 (.pst). Before that was backi Using Outlook 0
D Creating an outlook session from Access vba but run silently. With A specific profile Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Cannot access outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
B Can't expose sender email address when linking outlook to access Using Outlook 3
Diane Poremsky Change Outlook's Programmatic Access Options New Slipstick.com Articles 0
S how to access the properties of a contact given distlist.member object Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C OWA External Access - No URL / URL Invalid Exchange Server Administration 2
G Adding a contact to Outlook with a custom form using Access VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1