Outlook 2003 changing appointment date or time does not update on calendar

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ericuipg

I have a user who changes the date or time of an appointment, clicks Save and Close, and the calendar does not reflect the change. This is a public folder calendar in Outlook 2003 running on Exchange 2010.

Steps to recreate the problem:

1. Open an existing appointment in the public folder calendar.

2. Change the time.

3. Click Save and Close.

The workaround is to simply open the appointment again and close it. Then it moves to the correct place in the calendar.

I installed Office 2003 SP3. This did not resolve the problem. I would appreciate any other suggestions. Thanks!

J

Jahawk MSFT

Hi,

Are you making a time change on a single instance Appointment? So, no updates are bing sent.

The workaround is to re-open the Appointment and then close it. On the second close the item moves to the correct time.

Is that an accurate assessment?

If it is, then let me ask.....

1. If the user clicks to another folder and then back onto the PF Calendar, does the Appointment show up on the correct time?

- Does changing focus to another folder refresh the view\item?

2. Does this issue affect all users access the PF Calendar?

3. Does this affect any other Public Folder Calendars?

4. Does the user have the Calendar added to their Public Folder Favorites?

- If they do, remove from Favorites and see if the issue reproduces. They may be caching their Public Folder Favorites.

5. If you wait long enough, does the item adjust to the new time?

6. What view is the Calendar in?

- If you open the Calendar in the Day view, do you see the issue?

- What happens if you drag a single instance Appointment to another time? Does the appointment remain on the new time?

Sorry for the barrage of questions. :)

Have a great weekend!

Jahawk MSFT

E

ericuipg

Hi,

Are you making a time change on a single instance Appointment? So, no updates are bing sent.

The workaround is to re-open the Appointment and then close it. On the second close the item moves to the correct time.

Is that an accurate assessment?

Yes

If it is, then let me ask.....

1. If the user clicks to another folder and then back onto the PF Calendar, does the Appointment show up on the correct time?

Yes

- Does changing focus to another folder refresh the view\item?

Yes

2. Does this issue affect all users access the PF Calendar?

Yes

3. Does this affect any other Public Folder Calendars?

Yes

4. Does the user have the Calendar added to their Public Folder Favorites?

No

- If they do, remove from Favorites and see if the issue reproduces. They may be caching their Public Folder Favorites.

5. If you wait long enough, does the item adjust to the new time?

Yes! After about sixty seconds, it adjusts.

6. What view is the Calendar in?

One day view

- If you open the Calendar in the Day view, do you see the issue?

- What happens if you drag a single instance Appointment to another time? Does the appointment remain on the new time?

It updates immediately
Sorry for the barrage of questions. :)

Have a great weekend!

Jahawk MSFT
Thanks for the help! Please see my responses above.

J

Jahawk

Hi!

Thanks for the answers.

What you are experiencing with Exchange 2010 and Public Folders performance is being reported by others. By others, I am referring to customers who have called in and opened support incidents on this.

You could call in and open a ticket on this, too. If it's a problem with the product, there will not be a charge for the incident.

Alternatively, you could wait for any upcoming updates (for the Exchange 2010 server) to be released to the public.

I stress that you'd be waiting for a server fix because we're no longer developing hotfixes\patches for Outlook 2003.

All that being said; If possible, I would suggest installing Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2010 on a workstation and see if you can still repro the issue. If you have the same results in Outlook 2007\2010, then you'll be covered in the event the resolution comes down as a server-side or client-side patch.

Does that make sense?

Take care,

Jahawk MSFT

E

ericuipg

I am not able to reproduce the problem in Outlook 2007. The changes are reflected immediately. So, does this mean that this is not the problem experienced by others? Thanks!

J

Jahawk

Hi,

Doesn't appear to be the same issues as the others have reported. In your situation, everything is working but it just takes longer to update the Public Calendar folder\folder's view with the changes to Appointment items.

The lag could be due to any number of things, so I won't confuse things by listing everything I could think of.

If you're users are not going to be updated to Outlook 2007 or later anytime soon, I'd suggest opening a support case with our Exchange Client Connectivity team. That team will be able to troubleshoot the connection from client to server and will be able to engage our Exchange 2010 Admin team directly.
Please visit the following link for details on the various support options available to you: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;en-us;offerprophone

Hope that helps!

Jahawk MSFT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Changing looks of emails in Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 0
S Microsoft Outlook 2003 is not opening after changing MSMAPI32.DLL TO MSMAPI32.OLD Using Outlook 1
S Re: Microsoft Outlook 2003 is not opening after changing MSMAPI32.DLL TO MSMAPI32.OLD Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2003 email sending & receiving suddenly stopped working Using Outlook 3
H Outlook 2003 find by "has attachment" Using Outlook 1
glnz How set up new IMAP on Outlook-Office 365 and merge in pst from Outlook 2003 for same two email accounts? Using Outlook 5
P Import Categories from Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 8
V Outlook 2003 problem with Windows 10 Creators Update 1709 Using Outlook 0
M Outlook 2003 pictures - some visible, some not Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2013 pst file Using Outlook 5
O Memory Leak in Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 3
O Outlook 2003 can't send, but settings seem OK Using Outlook 1
P URL Hyperlink not working correctly in Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 10
O Outlook 2003 can't open contacts. Using Outlook 2
O Promoting Outlook 2003 User Templates Using Outlook 1
O W-a-a-y too many PSTs (Outlook 2003) Using Outlook 0
J Outlook 2003-2010 PST Field Editor Using Outlook 1
P Outlook 2003 - Do I need a new profile? Using Outlook 2
E Want to Import Outlook 2003 pst files to later version Using Outlook 6
A error message outlook 2003 Using Outlook 1
B Seeking advice now Outlook 2003 is unsupported by Exchange Using Outlook 4
O Change Debit to Credit in Outlook 2003? Using Outlook 1
J problems downloading POP3 emails to Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 1
G Outlook 2003 VBA Won't Run In Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Outlook 2003 - possible to recreate corrupt account? Using Outlook 3
Calvyn Outlook 2003 cannot import .vcs subject Using Outlook 1
T Query about one aspect of migrating .pst files from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 5
C Outlook 2003 contacts Using Outlook 1
G Configuring Outlook 2003 for Gmail with both pop3 & imap4 accounts Using Outlook 1
M HELP--Extract Data from 2003 outlook transfer to excel spreadsheet Using Outlook 1
V Outlook 2003 editing problem Using Outlook 4
X Outlook 2003 not sending all of the new email message Using Outlook 1
2 How to use outlook 2003 calendar in always offline mode Using Outlook 0
G Outlook 2003 I need to move email to folder based on subject, using wild card Using Outlook 0
G outlook 2013 - Open In Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 1
A Exchange 2003 Outlook 2010 64 Bit- AutoDiscover Connection Err - Certificate Exchange Server Administration 9
T Use Outlook 2003 with Office 2013 Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2003 contact folder opend in scrolled down position Using Outlook 2
O Need advice ASAP! Outlook 2003. Using Outlook 1
H Custom Contact form not working in Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 3
O Outlook 2003 forms problem Using Outlook 3
O Duplicate folders in Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 3
O Moving OUtlook 2003 from bad XP to Win 7 Pro 64 -- URGENT! Using Outlook 8
A File - Save Attachments does nothing in Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2010 ... Using Outlook 3
R Menus in a new\old email not there in Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 2
R OUTLOOK 2003 on WinXP, Prob: CONTACTS or ADDRESS BOOK not connected or missing Using Outlook 6
R Outlook 2003 not working Using Outlook 13
C Outlook 2003 displays wrong account in IMAP Using Outlook 5
J How to set a flag to follow up using VBA for outlook 2003 Using Outlook 10
K outlook 2003 address book Using Outlook 25