Business Contact Manager 2010 - Running With Custom Mail Profile

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MattCCR

Hello All,

I am attempting to run BCM2010 with a profile containing one account (a dedicated CRM Mailbox) in Cached mode, and my personal email (not in cached mode)

The problem we have is that caching our personal mailboxes creates a security hole that we cannot allow. The obvious solution to this was to do the above, but it seems to want both accounts in Cached mode to run. Please help! We are in desperate need of a CRM to be up and running but cannot with this setback.

We would obviously prefer to not have to use two different profiles for the CRM and our personal mail, and if possible we would like to associate the mail sent from the non cached personal mail with BCM (although I am under the impression this is the reason for beingin cached mode in the first place)

So my Questions are:
Can I run two Mail Accounts under the same Profile, One with Cached mode enabled, the other not, and still run BCM? If the above is a yes, can we then associate the non cached mailbox activity with BCM? If both of the above are No, what other options do I have?

Thank you very much for any answers you can provide!

T

Teresa Walker

Hi MattCCR,

Yes, you can run Outlook with two different mail accounts under the same profile, One in cached mode and one in Online mode and still run BCM with the following conditions.
Your primary account Must be in Cached mode Both accounts must be on Exchange 2007 or higher (they may have to be on the same server as I did not test that)

From my testing, I was able to setup email linking for activity to mail that was sent and received from the secondary account.

But my concern is more with the issue of using CRM and BCM in the same profile. I know from discussing this with the CRM team in the past I was told that you could not run both CRM and BCM in the same profile. I did find some documentation that indicates otherwise but I would be aware that it may not work or if so, not sure what issues you may have.

952046 The Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 client for Outlook may stop responding when other Outlook add-ins are also installed on the computer
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952046

Regards, Teresa Microsoft Online Community Support

M

MattCCR

That was a very helpful answer, you did slightly misunderstand me in that I was refering to BCM when saying CRM, I can see why that is confusing though!

Thankyou for your time,

Regards

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B Outlook Business Contact Manager with SQL to Excel, User Defined Fields in BCM don't sync in SQL. Can I use VBA code to copy 1 field to another? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
P How to filter primary contacts in business contact manager BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
C Business Contact Manager Using Outlook 3
O Calendar and business contact manager Using Outlook 0
C Trying to move my Business Contact Manager ver. 2003 to BCM ver. 2010 Using Outlook 3
M Looking for trainer in Business Contact Manager BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
M Queries on Business Contact Manager (BCM) with Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
V Custom UI Runtime Error in Business Contact Manager for Outlook (2013) BCM (Business Contact Manager) 6
A Trouble importing data to radio buttons Business Contact Manager 2010 (BCM) Using Outlook 2
R "business contact manager logon failure server is in single user mode" - HELP! BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
P Business Contact Manager without Exchange? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
G Sharing Business contact manager BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
T Merging multiple Business Contact Manager files BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
U business contact manager add in Using Outlook 1
M Business Contact Manager Marketing Campaign default address BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
T Can't locate business contact manager Using Outlook 2
J Business Contact Manager in MS Outlook 2010 - get error message when try to use. Using Outlook 2
C Sharing of a database in business contact manager in outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
D Updating Accounts in Business Contact Manager Using Outlook 1
K Automatically email new assignee in Business Contact Manager Using Outlook 1
B synchronizing categories of contacts between outlook 2010 and business contact manager Using Outlook 1
S Recovering .sbb file that should be a .bcm file for Business Contact Manager 2010 Using Outlook 3
T I cant find outlook business contact manager Using Outlook 6
B How can I do what Business Contact Manager does without actually having the software? Using Outlook 1
P Home and Business, Business Contact Manager using passkey. Where can I find this program? Using Outlook 1
H Business Contact Manager 2010 Running On remote desktop / terminal server Enviornment Using Outlook 1
B Restoring Business Contact Manager Database for Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
S Business Contact Manager 2010 with Exchange 2003 Server : Calendaring Issue Using Outlook 1
J business contact manager 2010 Using Outlook 1
B Business Contact Manager 2010 upgrade from Beta - new version does not recognize old version's database Using Outlook 1
A No longer have Business Contact Manager after upgraded from 2003 Pro to 2007 Pro Plus Using Outlook 1
A No longer have Business Contact Manager after upgraded from 2003 Pro to 2007 Pro Plus Using Outlook 1
B Unable to install Business Contact Manager for Outlook Professional Plus 2010 on WIN 7 - 64bit Using Outlook 1
T Installation help for Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager Using Outlook 2
G Importing BCM file into Business Contact Manager 2010 Using Outlook 3
C Linking e-mail messages to Business Contact Manager records does not save the attachments in the ema Using Outlook 1
H How to restore the Master Category List in Outlook 2010 and Business Contact Manager 2010 on Windows Using Outlook 2
H Outlook 2007 Business Contact Manager Using Outlook 5
M Enable to access outlook 2003 even in safe mode and is giving an error message that Business Contact Manager has encountered a problem Using Outlook 2
T Business Contact Manager 2010 on Win7 x64 Using Outlook 9
N Outlook 2007 -- Not responding when switching to Tasks, To Do lists // Business Contact Manager? Using Outlook 4
S Business Contact Manager (BCM) causing Outlook crash loop BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
K Business Contact Manager add-on for Windows 7 Professional Plus? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
A Can Business Contact Manager be downloaded seperately? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
D Downloaded ultimate 2007 - Can't Find Business Contact Manager BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
A Business Contact Manager Error BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
D business contact manager did not install with outlook 7 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
H I have installed Business Contact Manager but cannot find to use BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
N Business Contact Manager - Ability to use BCM (Business Contact Manager) 8
C "Business Contact Manager for Outlook could not connect to db BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1