Outlook 2010 "The end date you entered is before the start date..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hmmmm..... _

More bullshit from Microsoft. Installed Office 2010 yesterday. Tried to change the start page. When I go to Options/ Advanced / Start Outlook in this folder: and change it to Inbox, I get an error " The end date you entered occurs before the start date"

G

G North

Hi

The only setting in Options that would trigger that message is under Calendar in Options. If you set the start time of your working hours to a time after the end date you will get that message.

Guess the bods at MS don't understand you work nights.

G North MMI

H

hmmmm..... _

I have never been into " working hours" or any other settings in Calendar.

I just went and looked there since you mentioned it. The default settings are 8:00 to 5:00 Work week M,T,W,Th,F and First day of week Sunday First week of year Starts on Jan 1

So what about those settings is causing this inability to tell it to start in the Inbox?

G

G North

Hi

If by 5:00 you mean 17:00 then nothing will prevent you changing the start folder. I was only pointing out the part of the Option dialog box that would generate that error message.

If however you set the start after the end, then when you click the Ok button you get the message you quoted. And you will not be able to exit the Options dialog unitil you correct the problem or press Cancel. Pressing Cancel will lose the options you have set including the Start folder.

G North MMI

H

hmmmm..... _

Hi

If by 5:00 you mean 17:00 then nothing will prevent you changing the start folder. I was only pointing out the part of the Option dialog box that would generate that error message.

If however you set the start after the end, then when you click the Ok button you get the message you quoted. And you will not be able to exit the Options dialog unitil you correct the problem or press Cancel. Pressing Cancel will lose the options you have set including the Start folder.
G North MMI
You mean " If by 5:00 MICROSOFT means 17:00"

I have not made any changes.

I TRIED to make ONE change and that is the start page.

This is a 100% default installation. And a piece of ____ at that. All I wanted was the Excel x64 and I had to take on this piece of ____ for a ride.

So what did Microsoft ____ up this time?

G

G North

What version did you upgrade from?

If you didn't upgrade did you manually transfer anything from a previous version of Outlook, or other system.

The only other sources of this message is a Task, Calendar appointment or a Custom flag on a mail message. In the 2010 version, setting times/dates incorrectly is impossible unless you manually type the end time of an appointment/task and even then it won't let you save it (produces your error message). Some of the older versions were no so fussy about trapping user entry errors.

Do you get this message at any other time, say when you click on your calendar, task list?

G North MMI

H

hmmmm..... _

It won't let you upgrade to x64 from an x32 version. I uninstalled Office 2007 x32 and installed Office 2010 x64.

I had copied my Outlook file from C/Users/Username/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Outlook and pasted it on another drive so all my stuff would not be destroyed like Microsoft is known for.

But when I installed the 2010 version and started it up, all of my mail, contacts, etc. were already there.

I just went through the entire history of appointments in my calendar. I only found one " All day event" (where both start and stop are greyed out and say 12:00) and so I deleted that appointment. All other appointments have a start time and a stop time. I checked the stop times on all of them and they are relative to the start time in minutes after (30 minutes, etc) so none of them can have " The end date you entered is before the start date"

And what it the world does any of this have to do with the start page in Outlook? It's starting in Outlook Today and I want it to start in Inbox.

It's ____ junk; that's what it is.

The hours and hours to fight this trash is astounding.

H

hmmmm..... _

I just found the answer.

It's a bug

in the junk ____ software

____ you microsoft for putting this out when you absolutely knew about it.

here's the answer and the fix works

There is no resolution for this problem. Work days
displayed by the calendar feature in Microsoft Outlook
2010 must end at 11:30 PM.

If you go to File/ Options/ Calendar/ WorkTime and change Work Hours: End time: to 11:30 pm from the DEFAULT setting of 5:00pm, it stops the error.

Thank you G North for working on this with me.

That was about 10 hours of my finite life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Outlook 2010 calendar print - select begin-end weeks for month print but Preview and print show ful Using Outlook 2
M Exchange 2010 Outlook Web App via Exchange 2003 Front End Server Exchange Server Administration 1
S Outlook 2010 with Exchange 2k3 back end running VERY VERY slow... Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2010 - Sent messages do not end up in Sent folder Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2010 Outlook.exe will not end process Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2010 week view, display start and end times Using Outlook 2
e_a_g_l_e_p_i I think it may be time to upgrade from Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
T Why does outlook 2010 convert only some forum notifications to plain text? Using Outlook 2
I Error saving screenshots in a custom form in outlook 2016, outlook 365 - ok in outlook 2013, outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
M Outlook 2010 Problem with OutLook 2010 32 bit, after Windows Auto Update Using Outlook 3
M PST import from Outlook 2007 to 2010 - Address Book contacts all in 1 group Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2010 account setup fails in particular domain Using Outlook 3
B Outlook 2010 is Auto Purging when not configured for that Using Outlook 1
W Outlook 2010 Reading Pane Slows Startup Using Outlook 3
S Outlook 2010 unable to change default font Using Outlook 7
B Outlook 2010 Can not find a certain file in M/S Outlook 2010. Using Outlook 1
Mark Foley Cannot enable add-in in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
W Outlook 2010 some sent items marked unread now (was Ok before) Using Outlook 0
RBLampert Updating from Outlook 2010 to Outlook 365 Using Outlook 0
L What are the risks of opening an Outlook 2016 .pst file in Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 4
S Unable to remove rule outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
N Outlook 2010 Flag blocked for Safe Senders List???? Using Outlook 7
dweller Outlook 2010 Rule Ignores VBA Script Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Mark Foley Unable to subscribe to published calendar in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 4
K Maximum Categorize Shortcuts In Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 1
E Unable to open Outlook 2010 after adding new email account Using Outlook 4
RBLampert Outlook 2010 no longer (?) shrinks large images Using Outlook 4
N Outlook 2010 will not send nor receive Using Outlook 4
U Outlook 2010 'freezes' before moving emails Using Outlook 2
P Outlook 2010 trusted emails going to spam folder Using Outlook 18
E Outlook 2010 Subject sort uses Thread-Topic for grouping Using Outlook 2
King Mustard Maximum Categorize shortcuts in Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 2010 keeps asking for username and password Using Outlook 1
M Duplicate Primary Mail Accounts outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
T Compacting Outlook 2010 OST results in old emails being re-sent Using Outlook 6
K Outlook 2010 duplicate download emails 1 inbox 1 PST no updates Using Outlook 3
D create an html table in outlook custom form 2010 using vba in MsAccess Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
Potty Ash MS Outlook 2010 custom form - validation or formula to request user to check a checkbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
RBLampert Outlook 2010 sends to/receives from some Gmail addresses but not others Using Outlook 3
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Question about address book in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 9
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Is there a good third party SPAM filter that intergrates with Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 7
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Another reinstall of Outlook 2010 issue Using Outlook 10
S Outlook 2010 Cannot Open Attachments Using Outlook 14
Justo Horrillo Issue with rules in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 4
L Upgrade from Outlook 2010-any reason to? Using Outlook 1
C Attached Files outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
C Attached files on Outlook 2010 Sp1 & Exc 2013 are missing Exchange Server Administration 1
EaglePI Outlook 2010 need help with rules Using Outlook 0
K can not reinstall outlook 2010 Exchange Server Administration 0
T outlook 2010 mail item count doesnt match display Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3