Migrating Exchange 2007 to 2010 no mail going between servers or out from the Ex2010 servrer

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

ptechllc

Pretty basic setup, I have a domain controller, Ex2007 server, and Ex2010 server. I have created a test account on the Ex2010 server, logged into OWA, and attempted to send a message to an external address and also to an address on the Ex2007 server. Neither of them are going through.

I also attempted to send a message from an account on the Ex2007 server to the test account on the Ex2010 server and it does not go through either. All services appear to be running properly on the 2010 server now and I have rebooted it since resolving some issues with the transport service not starting.

G

Gulab Mallah

Check the permission Anonymous is checked on Send and Receive Connector or not?

After checking the CheckBox, restart Transport Service.
Post the NDR

-Gulab

P

ptechllc

I really don't understand why anonymous permission would need to be given. I am sending from an OWA session where I authenticated as an Exchange user. Also, I do not see anything about anonymous permission under the send connector.

I went ahead and set it on both the receive connnectors, restarted the transport service and tried sending e-mail to a user on the Ex2007 box again and to an external user, but nothing goes through and I get no return message on any of these attempts.

P

ptechllc

Ok, apparently from Ex2010 to Ex2007 was a receive connector issue. When I went back and selected Exchange server authentication and restarted the transport service on Ex2007, all the messages sent from the user on the Ex2010 server went through.

I am also able to send from the Ex2010 server to external email addresses, but I am still unable to receive any e-mail from Ex2007 users to the 2010 mailbox. The receive connectors on the Ex2010 box are wide open and all authentication is selected. Yes, I can see some of the messages in queue viewer on the 2007 box, but I don't see any kind of error messages with them.

P

ptechllc

Ok, this is INSANE. Literally EVERYTHING works except for mail from users on Ex2007 to user on Ex2010. I am able to send and receive email externally to Ex2010 and even send mail to a 2007 user whos domain / MX records sends them through the 2010 server! What is preventing email from going through 2007 server to the 2010 server?

G

Gavin-Zhang

Hi ptechllc,
Per your description, I would suggest the smtp log on the exchange 2007 server to confirm the sesstion issue.
I have run into some same issues caused by firewall or cisco network device.
Regards!
Gavin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Migrating Exchange 2007 to 2010 Exchange Server Administration 6
S Is Exchange 2007 necessary when migrating to Exchange 2010 from 2003? Exchange Server Administration 4
A Active sync problem - related to improper decomission of Exchange 2007 when migrating to Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 2
T Can't open shared calendars after migrating to Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 1
B Outlook 2003 Free/Busy issues after migrating to Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 5
N Migrating from the Google suite to the Microsoft Office 365 suite Using Outlook 2
W Migrating Outlook 365 Contacts & Calendar Using Outlook 2
T Migrating Profile/Account Settings To New PC for Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
K IMAP Subfolders missing after migrating to new server Using Outlook 0
A Outlook.com migrating to Office365, contacts Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
J Lost email categories when migrating from Office 2010 to Office 2013 Using Outlook 3
U Trouble migrating Contacts (2002) to People (2013) Using Outlook 3
T Query about one aspect of migrating .pst files from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 5
C migrating from Windows Live Mail over to Outlook 2010 Problems ... Using Outlook 2
B Migrating all OL 2010 accounts to new Windows 7 user account Using Outlook 2
D Migrating One Profile Files to Another Exchange Server Administration 2
P Migrating Outlook Express files to new pc Using Outlook 2
A Migrating Emails, Archived Emails, and Data Files to a New Computer Using Outlook 2
R Help migrating Autocomplete contacts, from Outlook 2003 to windows live mail. Using Outlook 2
S "failed to update headers" message when processing deleted / expired tasks while migrating from Outl Using Outlook 4
F Problem with Email migrating unexpectedly to Outlook__ Using Outlook 3
M Migrating 2003 to 2010 Using Smart Host Cannot Send Mail Exchange Server Administration 6
P Constant Outlook Sync Issues After Migrating Mailbox 2003->2010 Using Outlook 18
C Migrating Server Roles From Physical Windows Server 2008 to a virtual server Windows 2008 R2 Exchange Server Administration 2
B Receiving undeliverables for employees that are no longer in the GAL using Outlook 2010 after migrating from Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 3
A Migrating to Outlook 2007 from Outlook Express/Live Mail Using Outlook 3
2 migrating mailbox data to resource forest Exchange Server Administration 2
M Migrating outlook XP to Oultook 2007 reminders are dead Using Outlook 1
N Backing Up Exchange Calendar Using Outlook 13
A Ol16 desktopT suddenly can't connect with Exchange Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
T How can Exchange be configured to sync/push one-way so that the server data can't be affected Exchange Server Administration 0
E How to display "Change Folder" in Change Default Email Delivery Location in Exchange Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2016 Moving IMAP emails to Exchange Using Outlook 1
L How to Import Exchange OST file into Outlook? Using Outlook 3
O Outlook 365 Exchange .ost within Personal Vaul Using Outlook 0
D Outlook 2016 Migrate 'On My Computer' (local storage) Calendar from Mac Outlook to Exchange Account Using Outlook 5
A .restrict results changing after moving to Exchange online Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Can Exchange Admin Center create a pst for users email/contacts/calendar? Exchange Server Administration 0
S Messages moved / deleted by auto-archive are not synchronized to exchange Exchange Server Administration 8
llama_thumper Setting up forwarders on Exchange server Exchange Server Administration 0
D Importing Outlook Categories from another domain (Exchange 2016/Outlook 2016) Using Outlook 4
M WMI query for Get Disk IO performance in exchange Exchange Server Administration 0
B Outlook 2013/Exchange 2013 - Conf Rooms not fully booking "resolved conflict" meetings Using Outlook 3
D Adding Enterprise Exchange Email Account to Outlook Prevents Sending via Outlook.com Account Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 10
O Benefits of Exchange over IMAP and why would I choose Exchange? Using Outlook 2
F Delete/create/reset Exchange mailbox on Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
A Prevent connection to Public Folders on Exchange? Exchange Server Administration 3
S Add Exchange Account as Secondary to Existing PST? Exchange Server Administration 1
S Adding new Exchange (2016) rule very slow down Microsoft Outlook Exchange Server Administration 0
CWM030 A quick question for Diane about Exchange Exchange Server Administration 2