Problem with installing Exchange 2010, AD problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Drtveit

I'm trying to install Ms Exchange 2010 server, on a Ms Windows 2008 server. This server is member of a AD domain.

I don't get anny error in " Readiness Checks" , but in " Progress" I get this error:

Organization preparation:
Error:
The following error was generated when " $error.Clear(); buildToBuildUpgrade-ExsetDataAtom -AtomName OrgCtChildren -DomainController $RoleDomainController" was run: " An error occurred with error code '2147950602' and message 'The specified directory service attribute or value does not exsist.'." .

What can I do?

A

Alexei Segundo

Have you already run setup with the /ps (PrepareSchema) switch? If so, what Exchange schema version does your AD show?

If you need it, a useful way to find the schema version is to use adfind.exe from www.joeware.net, e.g.

adfind -schema -f " (&(objectClass=attributeSchema)(name=ms-Exch-Schema-Version-Pt))" rangeupper

Exchange 2010 (RTM) has a value of 14622.

Alexei

D

Drtveit

Thnx for answer. I used ADSI edit, and I have value 14622.

But, at the current Active Directory Schema Version, it's value " Not set" . Should it not be a number her??

G

Gavin-Zhang

Hi Drtvei,
About how to deploy exchange 2010, I would suggest that you could follow below DOC carefully, it would lead you successfully.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb691354.aspx
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/exdeploy2010/default(EXCHG.140).aspx#Home
What about your AD domain, which OS of your DC, Do you have other exchange server in your domain?
You could learn more refer to the Links above, if you still run into some issue, and then tell us, we could give you more help.
Regards!
Gavin

D

Drtveit

Hy, thnx for your reply. I have tried all the tricks described in your links, but I have the same error.

I have no other Exchange server in my domains, and my domains and forrest is windows 2003 native. The Schemamaster was in another locations, but I have tried to force server (who I try to install Exchange on) on the same site as Schema master, and I changed Schema master to be on the DC on the same location and site who the new Exchangeserver is on.

I have tried to disable IPv6, and I have tried to enable IPv6 (and with static IPv6 adress). I have also used Google to find all tips and tricks discribed to error 2147950602, but I have the same error.

G

Gulab Mallah

I believe you are getting this error message when you are running Setup.com /ps !

As per you description above you see the value 14622, could you specify the attribute?

Run the command Setup.com /preparead one more time and see what happens.

-Gulab

D

Drtveit

Yes, I have problems when I run setup /ps. But, I didn't get this error before. My error was in setup /preparead

14625 is my attribute.

G

Gulab Mallah

Okay,

I asked for the name of the attribute on which you are getting this value " 14625"

-Gulab

D

Drtveit

Idon't now. I get the value 14625 in the error msg when I run setup /ps

In " CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=local" , the objectVersion is set to: " Not set" . Anything wrong here?

K

Kiran Gaikwad

I presume you are installing first exchange server in the org.

Is it possible to chose a different domain controller? ( /DomainController:<FQDN of domain controller> )

In worst case you can use ADSIEdit & remove the existing Exchange specific containers & can attempt installing Exchange again.

Regards,

Kg

D

Drtveit

Hy,

Yes, that's correct. It's my first Exchangeserver in the org.

I have used to different domain controller, but with same result.

I have also used ADSIEdit and removed two Exchange-folders in:

configuration -> Services

G

Gulab Mallah

It's fine, it should be not set only.

Did you ran setup.com /preparedomain

-Gulab

D

Drtveit

Yes, have tried that several of times. I get this error:

copying setyp files: completed
organization checks: failed
The active directory myst be modified whit setup /preparead before domains can be prepared for exchange 2010

And, when I run setup /preparead, I get this error:

Preparing Exchange Setup
Copying Setup Files ......................... COMPLETED
No server roles will be installed
Performing Microsoft Exchange Server Prerequisite Check
Organization Checks ......................... COMPLETED
Setup is going to prepare the organization for Exchange 2010 by using 'Setup /P
repareAD'. No Exchange 2007 server roles have been detected in this topology. Af
ter this operation, you will not be able to install any Exchange 2007 server rol
es.
Configuring Microsoft Exchange Server
Organization Preparation ......................... FAILED
The following error was generated when " $error.Clear(); buildToBuildUpgrade
-ExsetDataAtom -AtomName OrgCtChildren -DomainController $RoleDomainController"
was run: " An error occurred with error code '2147950602' and message 'The specif
ied directory service attribute or value does not exist.'." .
The Exchange Server setup operation did not complete. Visit http://support.micro
soft.com and enter the Error ID to find more information.
Exchange Server setup encountered an error.

D

Drtveit

If it's help; I run Windows server 2008 R2.

I have used ADSIEdit after I get this errors. It's not all " folders" that contains any objects (cn=First Organization,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=mydomain,DC=no).

And here is even more errors, from the ExchangeSetup log-file:

[01.11.2010 18:20:19] [2] ScCreateOrgLevelAddressTypeObj (f:\08.03.0083\sources\dev\admin\src\libs\exsetup\dsmisc.cxx:841)
Error code 0X8007200A (8202): The specified directory service attribute or value does not exist.
[01.11.2010 18:20:19] [2] Leaving ScCreateOrgLevelAddressTypeObj
[01.11.2010 18:20:19] [2] CAtomOrgCtChildren::ScCreateProxyDLLObjects (f:\08.03.0083\sources\dev\admin\src\udog\exsetdata\components\server\a_orgctchildren.cxx:1067)
Error code 0X8007200A (8202): The specified directory service attribute or value does not exist.
[01.11.2010 18:20:19] [2] Leaving CAtomOrgCtChildren::ScCreateProxyDLLObjects
[01.11.2010 18:20:19] [2] CAtomOrgCtChildren::ScAddDSObjects (f:\08.03.0083\sources\dev\admin\src\udog\exsetdata\components\server\a_orgctchildren.cxx:216)
[01.11.2010 18:20:19] [2] Leaving CAtomOrgCtChildren::ScAddDSObjects
[01.11.2010 18:20:19] [2] mode = 'Install' (61953) CBaseAtom::ScSetup (f:\08.03.0083\sources\dev\admin\src\udog\setupbase\basecomp\baseatom.cxx:535)
[01.11.2010 18:20:19] [2] ScSetupAtom (f:\08.03.0083\sources\dev\admin\src\udog\exsetdata\exsetds.cxx:897)
[01.11.2010 18:20:19] [2] Leaving ScSetupAtom
[01.11.2010 18:20:19] [2] [ERROR] An error occurred. The error code was 2147950602. The message was The specified directory service attribute or value does not exist..

G

Gavin-Zhang

Hy, thnx for your reply. I have tried all the tricks described in your links, but I have the same error.

I have no other Exchange server in my domains, and my domains and forrest is windows 2003 native. The Schemamaster was in another locations, but I have tried to force server (who I try to install Exchange on) on the same site as Schema master, and I changed Schema master to be on the DC on the same location and site who the new Exchangeserver is on.

I have tried to disable IPv6, and I have tried to enable IPv6 (and with static IPv6 adress). I have also used Google to find all tips and tricks discribed to error 2147950602, but I have the same error.
Per your above description, I want to verify what about your whole scenario, topology and so on.
1. Do you have several sites?
2. Do you have root domain and subdomians, or just have one domain with several sites?
3. Do you have exchange system installed in your datacenter?
4. How do you force your SCHEMA FSMO role onto the new sever in your site, could you please confirm that?
5. Do you use the account with enough permission do the operation
6. Do you install the exchange 2010 server on the box which has DC installed in the local? It is strong not recommended.
Note, One domain org could only has one schema master FSMO. So please confirm that you have AD scenario configured correctly and then deploy the exchange 2010.
If you it is done, you just could install prequests kb/role/feature on the windows 2008 R2 box, and then use the UI setup, it would prepare the schema/domain and so on automatically, no need use the command to do that, it would more easy than that.
Regards!
Gavin

D

Drtveit

1. Do you have several sites?
Yes, for the moment, 7 sites.

2. Do you have root domain and subdomians, or just have one domain with several sites?
I have 1 forrest with 2 child domains, everyone have more than 1 sites

3. Do you have exchange system installed in your datacenter?
No, I don't

4. How do you force your SCHEMA FSMO role onto the new sever in your site, could you please confirm that?
I'm not sure what you meen, but I transfered the Schema role to the DC server (at the same location as Exchange) thru " Active Diretory Domains and Trust" -tool in MMc.

5. Do you use the account with enough permission do the operation
Yes, It's the global administration account (enteprice admin, schema admin, domain admin, etc)

6. Do you install the exchange 2010 server on the box which has DC installed in the local? It is strong not recommended.
No, I have another box that have DC. I cann't install DC at windows 2008 (Errormsg says I have to use adprep on the main DC, but when I try that, I get msg that says I already have used adprep...).
Note, One domain org could only has one schema master FSMO. So please confirm that you have AD scenario configured correctly and then deploy the exchange 2010.
If you it is done, you just could install prequests kb/role/feature on the windows 2008 R2 box, and then use the UI setup, it would prepare the schema/domain and so on automatically, no need use the command to do that, it would more easy than that.

I have installed all KB that I can find on the internett. I also have all updates from Windows update.

When I read about other similar problems on the Internett, I'm thinking about to sinarios:

1. Is it some problems adding groups to the DC?

2. Is it some problems adding to the domain configuration? (I mentioned that is kind of empty in the domain configuration cn=configuration,dc=domain. Its alomst only containers)

G

Gavin-Zhang

Hi Drtveit,
If it is a subdomain, I would suggest you do the prepare in the root domain firstly.
Regards!
Gavin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Now the problem I see is that I get an error when installing the Exchange 2010 SP 1. I attach a scre Exchange Server Administration 10
R Problem installing Unified Messaging on Exchange 2010 SP1 Exchange Server Administration 3
A Problem installing SP1 for Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 8
M Is there any problem in installing MS exchange server in India with SMS sysnc options enabled? Exchange Server Administration 3
G Problem with Outlook 2010 after installing update to Word Perfect X5 Using Outlook 4
J Problem with Word 2010 and Outlook 2010 after installing today's MS updates Using Outlook 1
J Problem installing the web based Microsoft Agent Communications Pa Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Problem installing VSTO AddIn on Vista Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Outlook 2010 Problem with OutLook 2010 32 bit, after Windows Auto Update Using Outlook 3
Marc2019 Outlook 2016 Font Problem Using Outlook 5
X I have met my waterloo trying to resolve embedded graphics problem with outlook 2007 and now 2016 Using Outlook 1
D Problem with custom form including _DocSiteControl1 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook 2007 Calendar instant search problem. Windows 7 Using Outlook 4
S Outlook 2007 Calendar instant search problem. Windows 7 Using Outlook 0
D Sort Problem with Sent Folders Using Outlook 1
S Conditional formatting problem with "is not empty" and categories Using Outlook 2
Mark Foley The upload of "Calendar" failed. There was a problem with the request. Using Outlook 6
avant-guvnor Import csv problem Using Outlook 7
katehawkins Outlook 2013 Ost to pst conversion problem Using Outlook 1
AbbieWhite The problem with a fairly large file. Using Outlook 3
I Outlook 2013 Send problem - 'Not Responding' forever Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 10
EmelineGueguen Help to understand the problem of work Using Outlook 1
W Outlook 2016 search problem persists after applying all known solutions Using Outlook 12
S problem with convert Using Outlook 1
S SendFromAccount - Problem trying to test existing value in open email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
DruinaBiscardi unexpected problem in outlook Using Outlook 1
V Outlook 2003 problem with Windows 10 Creators Update 1709 Using Outlook 0
G Windows Update Causes BCM Database Access Problem? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
Grimev66 problem with conversion ost to pst Using Outlook 2
R Problem with searching public folders Exchange 2013/16 Exchange Server Administration 2
J Problem with Outlook 2016 new mail tray icon alert (envelope in the systems tray) Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
S Problem running Command button code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A .ost file problem Using Outlook 4
G PROBLEM REGARDING OUTLOOK STORAGE LANGUAGES Using Outlook 4
PetraTech Odd Folder View Problem Using Outlook 3
V iCloud problem Using Outlook 9
D Reply Problem with Outlook.com account Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
MattC Problem with Outlook 2007 & iCloud / duplicate tasks Using Outlook 1
V Problem moving folders Using Outlook 4
C Problem tracking meeting responses Using Outlook 3
Mark Foley Problem subscribing to shared calendar Using Outlook 1
K Problem with FreeBusy (before 1pm only) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
skylark53 Advanced recurrence problem Using Outlook 2
E RSS export as OPML problem Using Outlook 4
D outlook 2013 contact list problem Using Outlook 0
T Problem with .Recipients.Add("alias") Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
P Problem with Outlook 2013 Attachments Using Outlook 4
E Outlook 2007: Problem with "Move to Folder >" button on toolbar Using Outlook 6
D No problem ... at this minute, just thanking you for your help. Using Outlook 1
T Random problem in VBA macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6