connection to microsoft exchange has been restored

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

channavera

Hi,
Recently we are having a problem where most outlook connections display the message " Connection to microsoft exchange has been resotred" . i rememeber i was palnning to make a change on the cas server for one of the *.exe.config file, but not sure whether i really made the change.

Does any one know of .exe.config file which would cause such a issue?

swamy

C

channavera

My Exchange is running on E2010 SP1. It was migrated directly from E2k7 SP3 to E2010 SP1.

My server at the moment has close to 2800 Mailboxes with 24 GB RAM on the mbx server with 8 duo core processors and the CAS with 12 GB and 2 processors.

swamy

T

TWHarrington

I am not sure what you are trying to configure in a config file to solve this issue.
What version of Outlook are you using? Are you running in Cached or Online mode? Does this happen to everyone or just a subset of users? When it does happen, does it affect everyone for the exact same time period? How long does the outage last? Are you have network issues with your CAS server? Can you run a constant ping on your CAS and see if you are losing any pings at any time?

N

Novak Wu

Hi,

Please answer Tim"s question and let us know whether the issue occurs in Cached Mode or Online Mode.

To troubleshoot the issue, I suggest you access the following website to run Office Outlook Connection test.

https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/default.aspx

Meanwhile, please open Application log in Event Viewer and check whether there is any error message on the client machine. If so, please upload the Event log to the Skydrive ( www.skydrive.live.com ) for research.

Run Outlook and collect the Netmon trace

=========================

a. Download NetMon 3.4 from the following website and install it on the computer

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displayFamilyID=983b941d-06cb-4658-b7f6-3088333d062f

b. Launch NetMon3.4.

c. In the Microsoft Network Monitor 3.4 window, click Create a new capture tab …

d. In the new tab, select all the Network Adapters in the Select Networks window.

e. Then, switch to Network Monitor, press F5 to start NetMon.

f. Try to launch Outlook again. When the error occurs, go to step 7.

g. Go back to the NetMon window and press F7 to stop the NetMon.

h. Press Ctrl+S to save the Netmon file named test.

i. Then please upload to SkyDrive (www.skydrive.live.com ) and share the link to me.

Thanks.

Novak Wu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R The action cannot be completed. The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. outlook must be Using Outlook 1
M connection to the microsoft exchange server has been lost. outlook 2007 Exchange Server Administration 0
S Connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server has been lost. Outlook will restore the connection when Using Outlook 2
D when trying to get into outlook error message reads connection to microsoft exchange is unavailable. Using Outlook 4
J Can I use just my Hotmail account with Outlook 2007? "The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavai Using Outlook 2
J 'Connection to Microsoft Exchange is Unavailable' for new mail account. Only for one account on PC. Using Outlook 1
B The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complet Using Outlook 6
S The action cannot be completed. The Connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. outlook must be Using Outlook 2
N Connection to Microsoft Exchange has been lost. Outlook will restore the connection when possible Using Outlook 15
L 'The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action.' Using Outlook 8
D The dreaded: 'the connection to microsoft exchange is unavailable' outlook 2007 exchange 2007 Using Outlook 4
J The connection to the Microsoft Server is unavailable. Unable to open your default mail settings...t Using Outlook 1
Q when i try to use outlook i get the message the name connot be resoved. the connection to microsoft Using Outlook 2
A when I start outlook i get a message 'the connection to the microsoft echange is unavailable. outlook must be connected or online to complete thi Using Outlook 4
Y MicroSoft Office Outlook 2003 error message! Your IMAP server has closed the connection. This may oc Using Outlook 2
W Encrypted connection to server refused Using Outlook 0
A Prevent connection to Public Folders on Exchange? Exchange Server Administration 3
D Outlook 2016 IMAP Connection Returns All Email but outlook.com does NOT Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
O Outlook 2016 0x800CCC0F 'The connection to the server was interrupted' Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
J Office 365 and Outlook connection issues Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
M Outlook 2010 Error: Your IMAP server closed the connection Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
M Outlook Email Connection Error Using Outlook 3
M BCM remote database connection issue BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
C Last Connection Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
K Work Email - Calander Connection to Outlook.com Using Outlook 2
E IMAP server closed the connection Using Outlook 2
P Outlook Connection Issues Using Outlook 3
Z connection to Lotus Notes Using Outlook 4
A Exchange 2003 Outlook 2010 64 Bit- AutoDiscover Connection Err - Certificate Exchange Server Administration 9
K Intermittent ability to send to single domain. "Connection refused" Exchange Server Administration 1
N Connection Error Using Outlook 2
E intermittent "Your imap server closed the connection" messages Using Outlook 6
M "No database found" but successful connection to SQL server.What am I missing? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
0 Outlook 2010 causes computer to lose connection when opening and Send/Receive Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 14
N Outlooking not connecting. Connection present Using Outlook 1
B can not establish BCM 2010 connection to Shared DB on SQL 2008 Express BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
S Outlook connector, numerous versions, connection issues Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
T Outlook keep loosing connection to the exchange server Using Outlook 1
T Lose exchange connection, crash Using Outlook 0
T Outlook 2010 encrypted connection type choices, meaning of Auto? Using Outlook 0
O No SSL-IMAP connection Outlook <-> Exchange 2010 after latest client updates? Using Outlook 3
A outlook 2010, windows 7, exchange server: "The action cannot be completed. The connection to Micro Using Outlook 1
J mobile device connection to exchange Exchange Server Administration 4
P Outlook 2010 random status connection changes Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 2010 with BCM - Database Connection problems using Windows 7 Clients Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2011 - Connection to Exchange Dropping & Sharing Calendar Issues Exchange Server Administration 2
P Internet Connection is working but Outlook will not connect Using Outlook 2
M Users exceeding the MAPI connection limit Using Outlook 5
S Outlook 2007, Exchange 2010, Forefront 2010: When using Outlook over http, it loses its connection t Exchange Server Administration 8
C Outlook connection to Exchange 2010 showing disconnected Exchange Server Administration 6