POP3 Service problem in Exchange 2010 (microsoft.exchange.pop3.exe crashes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alexey_Tsyban

After enabling pop3 logging have a problem. User can download only one message, after that microsoft.exchange.pop3.exe crashes. Disabling pop3logging didn't help.

In event log:

Event ID: 1001

Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: CLR20r3
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0
Problem signature:
P1: microsoft.exchange.pop3.exe
P2: 14.1.218.13
P3: 4c6b8a25
P4: Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Common
P5: 14.1.214.0
P6: 4c5fa80c
P7: b0f
P8: e3
P9: System.IO.IOException

2. Event ID: 1040

The existing worker process HasExisted value before calling CloseProcess is True

3. Event ID: 1020

Worker process with process ID 1548 has exited.

I updated Exchange 2010 Rollup 3 to Exchange 2010 SP1. The problem didn't disappear.
MCP

E

Ed Crowley [MVP]

Sounds like a corrupt message in his mailbox. You might try opening the mailbox with OWA and trying to remove the corrupt message.Ed Crowley MVP " There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

A

Alexey_Tsyban

Thanks for advice. It's only pop3service problem, because I can recieve messages throw
MAPI protocol.
I think this happen after installation some hotfixes. I already uninstalled them. But
problem still exist. Exchange SP1 was updated with Rollup 1. The same...

After requesting messages by client via pop3 protocol, client recieves: Connection closed (Last commands: " RETR 1" , " RETR 2" )

On Exchange Server events:

Event ID: 1001
CLR20r3
Not available
microsoft.exchange.pop3.exe
4c99a03c
Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Common
System.IO.IOException
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_microsoft.exchan_d0a835457da5c147356237dad4ef6f526f2ed91_22d04486
7f0ba152-e7fe-11df-a80b-001a6476000c
The handle is invalid

Event ID: 1040
Source: MSExchange POP3 Service
The description for Event ID 1040 from source MSExchange POP3 service cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.
If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.
The following information was included with the event:
True
The handle is invalid

Event ID: 1020
Source: MSExchange POP3 service
The description for Event ID 1020 from source MSExchange POP3 service cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.
If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.
The handle is invalid

Event ID: 1004
Source: MSExchangePOP3
The description for Event ID 1004 from source MSExchangePOP3 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.
The handle is invalid

Event ID: 1000
Source: MSExchangePOP3
The description for Event ID 1000 from source MSExchangePOP3 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.
The handle is invalid

Every 2 minutes in System Log:

Event ID: 36887
Source: Schannel
The description for Event ID 36887 from source Schannel cannot be found. Either the
component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the
installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.
The handle is invalid
MCP

G

Gavin-Zhang

Hi Alex,
Per the log, it seems that the pop3 service component has some issue.
Could you please run the EXBPA on the server, and confirm whether there are some useful information regarding to the issue.
Regards!
Gavin

A

Alexey_Tsyban

In EXBPA only one critical issue - 'Couldn't find any writeable domain controllers': There were no writeable domain controllers found in Active Directory site 'RemoteSite'. At least one writeable domain controller is required for Exchange to function properly.

However 'nltest' confirms, that's all is ok: Flags: PDC GC DS LDAP KDC TIMESERV WRITABLE DNS_DC DNS_DOMAIN DNS_FOREST

MCP

A

Alexey_Tsyban

DC is healthy and writeable. The problem was only with site 'RemoteSite'. It was removed and issue in EXBPA went away.

But problem with POP3Service still exists. IMAP4Service also crashes:

Fault bucket , type 0

Event Name: CLR20r3

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: microsoft.exchange.imap4.exe

P2: 14.1.255.0

P3: 4c99a03c

P4: Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Common

P5: 14.1.214.0

P6: 4c5fa80c

P7: b0f

P8: e3

P9: System.IO.IOException

P10:

Attached files:

C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Local\Temp\WERF5F5.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Local\Temp\WERF5F6.tmp.hdmp

C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Local\Temp\WER2E9B.tmp.mdmp

These files may be available here:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_microsoft.exchan_1f9b98f4e2a3f1485ee181851424416749fa753_cab_010d335c

Analysis symbol:

Rechecking for solution: 0

Report Id: caafe4a9-ecc8-11df-a80b-001a6476000c

Report Status: 4
MCP

G

Gavin-Zhang

Hi Alex,
Could you please run the DCDIAG, and check the log, and post the error information here?
Do you confirm there is no any special information when you run again the EXBPA?
In my opinion, if the pop3, imap service has some issue, there should be some information after running the EXBPA.
Above information is no useful regarding to resolve the issue.
Regards!
Gavin

Status
Not open for further replies.