Sync Issues - Syncronization log in Outlook 2007 after mailbox move to Exchange 2010 from Exchane 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mark Chris

All the users I've moved to the new exchange 2010 mb server receive Synchronization Log emails...

The majority contain the following;

9:05:30 Synchronizer Version 12.0.6529

9:05:30 Synchronizing Mailbox 'Name of User'

9:05:30 Done

9:05:33 Microsoft Exchange offline address book

9:05:33 0X80072F06

Can someone offer some insight on these? I am going to assume its something I don't have configured with the Exchange OAB.

Mark C

M

Mark Chris

no, they / I can access the OAB and GAL in outlook 2007, as well as their phones just fine.

Mark C

J

Justin.King

" back in the day" ... OK maybe not that far back ... If the CAS presenting the OAB URL was a member of a server cluster (CCR or Single copy) the folder when created was not given the correct permissions and people couldn't browse it causing the above error.

Now this is 2010 ... I have no idea if this old 2007 problem still surfaces now and again but the test criteria should be similar. Attempt to point your browser at your OAB URL and see if you can grab the XML file. Actually put the full path in and see what happens. Can you authenticate? do you get the xml dump? By starting here we can start diagnosing the problem which can be alot of things from " I'm forcing SSL for the website but the url I'm publishing is still set to http" to authentication problems to whatever.

9 times out of 10 its a problem actually browsing and downloading the xml file. When you hit the GAL you are likely doing a AD query, or you are also using public folder distro so your client is scooping up the OAB from there.

D

Dawy2006

I guess your problem is related to the new certificate you issued for the exchange 2010 , Please run this powershell command on your exchange and reply me with the result

Get-Exchangecertificate | fl

Mohamed Dawy

MCP, MCSE 2000 , MCSA 2000 ,MCSA 2003 , MCITP , MCTS , MCT

M

Mark Chris

" back in the day" ... OK maybe not that far back ... If the CAS presenting the OAB URL was a member of a server cluster (CCR or Single copy) the folder when created was not given the correct permissions and people couldn't browse it causing the above error.

Now this is 2010 ... I have no idea if this old 2007 problem still surfaces now and again but the test criteria should be similar. Attempt to point your browser at your OAB URL and see if you can grab the XML file. Actually put the full path in and see what happens. Can you authenticate? do you get the xml dump? By starting here we can start diagnosing the problem which can be alot of things from " I'm forcing SSL for the website but the url I'm publishing is still set to http" to authentication problems to whatever.

9 times out of 10 its a problem actually browsing and downloading the xml file. When you hit the GAL you are likely doing a AD query, or you are also using public folder distro so your client is scooping up the OAB from there.
I did as you suggested and browsed to both the internal and external URL for the OAB and received;

<fieldset> 500 - Internal server error. There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed. </fieldset>

If I browse this site from inside IIS, I get the following error;

HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error - The requested page cannot be accesed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.

Detailed Error Information

Error Code: 0x80070005

Logon Method: Not yet determined

Logon User: Not yet determined

Config Error: Cannot read configuration file due to insufficient pemissions

It looks like it is a permissions error....

Mark C

M

Mark Chris

Mohamed,
AccessRules : {System.Security.AccessControl.CryptoKeyAccessRule, System.Security.AccessControl.CryptoKeyAccessR
ule, System.Security.AccessControl.CryptoKeyAccessRule}
CertificateDomains : {email.kingstoncorp.com, www.email.kingstoncorp.com, autodiscover.kingstoncorp.com, legacy.kingsto
ncorp.com, mail.kingstoncorp.com, exch1.kingston.local}
HasPrivateKey : True
IsSelfSigned : False
Issuer : SERIALNUMBER=07969287, CN=Go Daddy Secure Certification Authority, OU=http://certificates.godaddy.
com/repository, O=" GoDaddy.com, Inc." , L=Scottsdale, S=Arizona, C=US
NotAfter : 11/04/2013 12:57:50 PM
NotBefore : 11/05/2010 10:42:21 AM
PublicKeySize : 2048
RootCAType : ThirdParty
SerialNumber : 4E8B713AB3BC5D
Services : IMAP, POP, IIS, SMTP
Subject : CN=email.kingstoncorp.com, OU=Domain Control Validated, O=email.kingstoncorp.com
Thumbprint : AC942ACFB537369A9A981851A11F3B12E860EA21
AccessRules : {System.Security.AccessControl.CryptoKeyAccessRule, System.Security.AccessControl.CryptoKeyAccessR
ule, System.Security.AccessControl.CryptoKeyAccessRule}
CertificateDomains : {EXCH1, EXCH1.KINGSTON.local}
HasPrivateKey : True
IsSelfSigned : True
Issuer : CN=EXCH1
NotAfter : 11/04/2015 11:36:38 AM
NotBefore : 11/04/2010 12:36:38 PM
PublicKeySize : 2048
RootCAType : None
SerialNumber : 600A8B13AAC8CC8B481CEACA296802BA
Services : SMTP
Subject : CN=EXCH1
Thumbprint : CCDA64659FB4C42704FD402CBB1FB045C4EB985D

Mark C

M

Mark Chris

I did some checking online on the 500.19 and OAB...

I found this technet article.... http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd535384(EXCHG.80).aspx

I also gave Domain users Read&Execute to the webconfig file in the OAB folder.

Restarted IIS and now Im getting this error;

Server Error in Application " DEFAULT WEB SITE" Internet Information Services 7.5
Error Summary
HTTP Error 403.14 - Forbidden
The Web server is configured to not list the contents of this directory. Detailed Error Information
Module DirectoryListingModule
Notification ExecuteRequestHandler
Handler StaticFile
Error Code 0x00000000
Requested URL https://localhost:443/OAB/
Physical Path D:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\ClientAccess\OAB\
Logon Method Negotiate
Logon User KINGSTON\Administrator
Most likely causes:
&bull;A default document is not configured for the requested URL, and directory browsing is not enabled on the server.
Things you can try:
&bull;If you do not want to enable directory browsing, ensure that a default document is configured and that the file exists.
&bull;Enable directory browsing using IIS Manager.
1.Open IIS Manager.
2.In the Features view, double-click Directory Browsing.
3.On the Directory Browsing page, in the Actions pane, click Enable.
&bull;Verify that the configuration/system.webServer/directoryBrowse@enabled attribute is set to true in the site or application configuration file.
Links and More InformationThis error occurs when a document is not specified in the URL, no default document is specified for the Web site or application, and directory listing is not enabled for the Web site or application. This setting may be disabled on purpose to secure the contents of the server.
View more information &raquo;

If I access the page from a client pc... I get;

<fieldset> 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied. You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied. </fieldset>
Mark C

J

Justin.King

Not being to list the contents is actually fine. Try to browse the exact xml file now and see if you get a download prompt or the chance to view the xml. If you're unsure the litteral path/filename start from D:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\ClientAccess\OAB\ (you listed that in your dump). THere will likely be another folder (made of an annoyingly long GUID) and an xml insde there. That will make up the full URL for the OAB:

https://localhost:443/OAB/ *remaining path and file*

J

Jonas Andersson [MCITP]

Where is OAB generated?

Have you moved it to the new server?

Jonas Andersson MCTS: Microsoft Exchange Server 2007/2010 | MCITP: EMA 2007/2010 | MCSE/MCSA Blog: http://www.testlabs.se/blog

M

Mark Chris

I thought I posted a response on Friday... looks like it didnt save.

I got the Sync issues resolved. I searched the forums and online and found this KB article. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942062

I am able to browse both the internal url and external url for OAB and get returned an directory page with a DIR that contains the oab.xml (which I can open) and a bunch of .lzx files

The sync errors in Outlook have stopped.

Justin... I can browse to this directory... after performing the changes in the KB article mentioned in this post.

Jonas... OAB is generated on the new server.

Dont know if this will effect other things or cause a security risk, but it works. Can someone verify if I should turn " Directory browsing off" and re-work or can I leave it alone?
Mark C

A

Allen Song

Hi,

You can leave it alone and it will not cause the security issue.

Thanks

Allen

Allen Song

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Managing Gmail "All Mail" sync issues with IMAP Using Outlook 1
Rupert Dragwater Sync Issues (This Computer Only) Using Outlook 8
GregS Sync Issues (only Junkmail) Using Outlook 1
S Sync Issues With My Gmail Account Using Outlook 7
S Outlook.com Sync working, Sync to Android has issues Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Outlook and iCloud Sync Issues New Slipstick.com Articles 0
S Outlook 2016 Sync issues with outlook.com Using Outlook 0
Commodore Two Sync Issues folders Using Outlook 4
Diane Poremsky Outlook and iCloud Sync Issues New Slipstick.com Articles 0
mwh1962 Sync issues with Windows 8.1 phone Using Outlook 2
D Sync issues Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2013 IMAP Sync Issues Using Outlook 1
O Other BCM - Outlook sync issues BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
R Thousand of sync issues on Outlook clients with Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 5
J __Outlook sync issues Using Outlook 6
P Constant "Sync Issues"; Outlook 2010, Exchange 2010 Using Outlook 2
J I'm getting a lot of sync issues. I've got Outlook 2007 and using Outlook Connector to download my Using Outlook 2
P Constant Outlook Sync Issues After Migrating Mailbox 2003->2010 Using Outlook 18
A A Sync Issues folder with a Local failures sub folder suddenly appeared this morning in the All Mail Using Outlook 2
J Sync issues shows in outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2007 - sync issues Using Outlook 2
S How do I turn off logging in 'Sync Issues' folder in Outlook 2007? Using Outlook 2
C Tired of sync issues: There was an error synchronizing your folder hierarchy. Error : 8004100d. Using Outlook 5
M Sync 'On my computer' emails Using Outlook 1
L Unable to Sync Web/Android MS To Do with Windows Outlook Tasks Using Outlook 3
L icloud contacts sync Using Outlook 4
T How can Exchange be configured to sync/push one-way so that the server data can't be affected Exchange Server Administration 0
O Email not leaving Outbox when using Excel VBA to sync Outlook account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
B Outlook and iPhone Sync Using Outlook 3
J can't sync outlook calendar contacts with iphone ipad Using Outlook 4
V iCloud calendar sync problems Using Outlook 13
L automaticaly create a teams meeting with a sync Using Outlook 0
G Outlook 2016 sync contacts directly between phone and computer using outlook 2016 Using Outlook 0
B Outlook Business Contact Manager with SQL to Excel, User Defined Fields in BCM don't sync in SQL. Can I use VBA code to copy 1 field to another? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
Q Unable to Sync Quicken reminder with Outlook 2016 64Bit Using Outlook 1
T Outlook converts sent email to txt attachments when sync Using Outlook 0
L Outlook 2019 MAC sync error after working for 4 hours Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2013 Yahoo IMAP Sync problems Using Outlook 1
B How to sync Outlook, iphone and Google calendars and contacts? Using Outlook 4
Rupert Dragwater How to sync all folders Using Outlook 1
B iCloud Option to sync contacts, mail, calendar and tasks Using Outlook 5
C Sync Calendars using WiFI Using Outlook 3
P Can't sync iPhone calendars with Outlook Using Outlook 4
P Change PC User Directory & iPhone Sync Using Outlook 2
N how to sync automatically when outlook opens Using Outlook 10
M Item edits doesn't always sync Using Outlook 11
E Customer wants a portion of GAL from exchange to sync down to Android contacts via Activesync Using Outlook 2
J Outlook.com Contact Sync Issue Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 9
M Multiple workstations and multiple accounts - keep in sync? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
O Outlook 2016 - two addressbooks - how to sync and which one is in use? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1