DAG disconnected and resynchronizing

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

channavera

Hi All,
I have a 2 node DAG. I just created a database copy for on the DB and it worked fine, but when i enabled the database copy for another DB, it throw a error disconnected and resynchronizing, but it doesn't seems to process at all for along time.

I suspnded the copy and reenabled again it throws the same error disconnected and resynchronizing, but it doesn't seems to process the copy.

swamy

C

channavera

I tried to delete the db copy and recreate, still the same problem for that db, but the db copy is working fine for the other dbs !!!!swamy

P

pantherfan69

verify you arent running out of disk space, and that you have the volumes named identically on both nodes. Also check the log location and make sure it has space

C

channavera

Hi Pantherfan69,
All the hardware volume name, size are an exact match on both the servers with sufficient disk space on the volumes.

swamy

A

AndyD_ [MVP]

Any Errors in the event logs?

What does test-replicationhealth and Get-MailboxDatabaseCopyStatus show?

C

channavera

HI Andy,
Get-mailboxdatabasecopystatus show either failed and suspended for some database disconnected and resynchronizing

swamy

C

channavera

Is there any diagnostic logging i can enable?. I do notice these errors ( failed and suspended for some database disconnected and resynchronizing) once i enable db for a replica.swamy

K

Khoj Sahiwala

Enable Diagnostic logging Slect the server objectim ESM and enable diagnostic logging

C

channavera

I mean what components should i enable for diagnostic logging for the replication issue.

swamy

C

channavera

Following are the event i see in the event viewer.

[Seed Manager] The seed request for database 'DB7' encountered an error during seeding. Error: An error occurred while processing a request on server 'MBXN1'. Error: Database 'ce117d13-3207-4748-aa19-8f406ef0b0ee' was not active on source server 'MBXN1'.

The expected registry value 'Background Cleanup' under registry key 'SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MsExchangeIs\MBXN2\Private-ce117d13-3207-4748-aa19-8f406ef0b0ee' could not be found. Some server operations may be affected.

The database file wasn't found after log replay. The copy will be set to failed. Database: 'DB7\MBXN2'. File Path: 'F:\Database\DB7\DB7.edb'.

The Microsoft Exchange Information Store database " ce117d13-3207-4748-aa19-8f406ef0b0ee: /o=Contoso/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=casarray.contoso.co.in/cn=Microsoft Private MDB" was stopped

Exchange Search Indexer has temporarily disabled indexing of the Mailbox Database DB7 (GUID = ce117d13-3207-4748-aa19-8f406ef0b0ee) due to an error (System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Catalog is being dismounted from RPC interface.).

At '11/13/2010 8:07:37 AM' the copy of 'DB7' on this server experienced an error that requires it be reseeded. For more detail about this failure, consult the Event log on the server for other storage and " ExchangeStoreDb" events. The passive database copy has been suspended.

swamy

H

Harikrishnan Sivaprakasam

hi

since replication is working fine for other database there wont be any issue with the network, also you have mentioned that the servers got enough space.

then try this

- Dismount the database (the database you have issues)

- remove the passive copy

- clear log on database files on the passive location

- move the transaction logs and system fine (.chk) to a different folder on the active node (where the database was mounted)

- thne mount the database (it will start with new sequence of log files)

- thne try adding the database copy

check the status running Get-mailboxDatabaseCopyStatus

Regards, Hari | MCSE+ Messaging

H

Harikrishnan Sivaprakasam

hi

since replication is working fine for other database there wont be any issue with the network, also you have mentioned that the servers got enough space.

then try this

- Dismount the database (the database you have issues)

- remove the passive copy

- clear log on database files on the passive location

- move the transaction logs and system fine (.chk) to a different folder on the active node (where the database was mounted)

- thne mount the database (it will start with new sequence of log files)

- thne try adding the database copy

check the status running Get-mailboxDatabaseCopyStatus
Small correction

- clear logs and database files on the passive location

C

channavera

Hi Hari

I get the following error

: Continuous Replication for Database 'DB1\Node2' is in a 'FailedAndSuspended' state on machine 'Node2'. The reason it is suspended is: The database file wasn't found after log replay. The copy will be set to failed. Database: 'DB1\Node2'. File Path: 'E:\Database\DB1\DB1.edb'.

swamy

J

James-Luo

Is it a multiple domain environment?

Have you tried to remove the failed database copy, and then create the copy as Hari suggested?

Please check the configuration on the NIC on the MBXN2, incorrect setting will cause the same issue, like DNS entry

“MAPI Network Adapter Configuration” section in Planning for High Availability and Site Resilience

Please run the commands below on the MBXN2 to test the AD connectivity

NLTEST /DSGETSITE

NLTEST /DSGETDC: Domain Name /GC

Please run " DCdiag.exe /v" and 'Netdiag.exe /v" command on the GC and check if there is any failed tests in the result

Then, dismount the source database, remove the log files, and then mount the database again to perform the seed

For “Background Cleanup” issue, please go to registry on the MBXN2, and verify if “Background Cleanup” entry exists or not. If not, please add it (Reference)

James Luo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S DAG question Exchange Server Administration 0
B Two server DAG setup, second server EMC not opening Exchange Server Administration 3
M Exchange 2010 SP1 DAG & CA ARCserve Backup r15 Exchange Server Administration 1
L DAG Requirements Exchange Server Administration 5
G Mount recovery database fails on DAG Exchange Server Administration 3
S Mailbox Stores not mount in Two Member DAG Exchange Server Administration 4
P DAG CONFIGURED Need to change the data base and log file location .What are the risk .And Steps to p Exchange Server Administration 3
A Exchange DAG Exchange Server Administration 1
V mapiexceptioncallfailed: unable to mount database when activate mailboxdatabase in dag Exchange Server Administration 4
S DAG Content Index failed Exchange Server Administration 2
E Outlook 2007 won't connect to 2nd Mailbox Server in a DAG Exchange Server Administration 2
P Number of database on a server in DAG Exchange 2010 sp1 Exchange Server Administration 3
S DAG with Single Network Card Exchange Server Administration 8
T Exchange 2010 DAG Failover Issue - Database Activation Fails because Content Index Catalog Failed Exchange Server Administration 2
L DAG Question - Help Exchange Server Administration 2
A Access a DAG over a virtual lan ip for backup Exchange Server Administration 1
J Question of Exchange 2010 DAG Exchange Server Administration 3
M Hyper-v vSwitches and DAG Networks Exchange Server Administration 7
A Need Help Urgent !!!- Add Seconde Node To The DAG Exchange Server Administration 12
P 2 Member DAG - Members Virtualised running on non Clustered Hosts - supported Configuration? Exchange Server Administration 2
P Two Member DAG - Reboot Witness Server - Effects? Exchange Server Administration 7
K Exchange 2010 DAG Exchange Server Administration 2
S DAG replicaiton and server maintenance Exchange Server Administration 6
J When a database move from active host in a DAG, user are prompted for credentials Exchange Server Administration 8
à Loss the file share witness of DAG Exchange Server Administration 4
S DAG RPCclientAccessServer Exchange Server Administration 5
K msexchangerepl utilizing high CPU in a DAG env Exchange Server Administration 10
S Extend Exchange 2010 DAG accross sites Exchange Server Administration 3
M DAG layout and space question Exchange Server Administration 2
S DAG manually dismount database Exchange Server Administration 4
M Exchange 2010 DAG Witness Server Help Exchange Server Administration 2
S DAG Deployment Design with site resiliance Exchange Server Administration 2
H Shutdown all member in a DAG Exchange Server Administration 2
J DAG problem - I´m not able to recover database Exchange Server Administration 9
S Active Passive DAG seperate DNS namespace Exchange Server Administration 7
T DAG Exchange Server Administration 3
A The cluster network name is not online Exchange 2010 sp1 DAG Exchange Server Administration 8
D DAG Failover Treshold Exchange Server Administration 5
J Roll Back Options for installing SP1 on a DAG Exchange Server Administration 5
P Failing whn adding a server to a DAG Exchange Server Administration 5
S Change IP on DAG and DAG Members Exchange Server Administration 2
S Exchange 2010 DAG design - Drp Exchange Server Administration 2
S Exchange 2010 DAG issue Exchange Server Administration 1
F Why is an unmounted Exchange Server hosting mailboxes after having configured a DAG but haven't brou Exchange Server Administration 9
Y Exchange 2010 with DAG into the same storage Exchange Server Administration 1
P DAG Question Exchange Server Administration 7
M Problem removing a mailbox server from a DAG. Exchange Server Administration 1
H Exchange DAG Exchange Server Administration 2
J can i install Exchange 2010 DAG with any other exchange componenets Exchange Server Administration 4
D DAG Failover Testing Exchange Server Administration 4