EX2010 ERROR

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Ante Gulam

hi,

so.. to start.. i've implemented EX2010 in my company.. HUB, MBX and CAS.. everything works fine.. i have multiple external domains etc. So far only few (cca. 10++) users are in a. directory for EX.. few external users use OWA (443/https) to get to their mailboxes.. Yesterday I've had a very strange situation on the server.. My EX is virtual. I've read about it's virt. awareness, optimization etc. so i've developed it virtualy. So yesterday i've tested multi-mailbox option.. i added my acc to group to use this option and started search 'test' in these barely few mailboxes..

i almost forgot i started it .. :) after coming back to office my machine (virtual EX10) was blocked.. freezed.. had no choice but to reset it on manag. console of virtual server manager.. but the reset stopped on 95% and last for few hours.. it looked like the " mail" server stuffed my whole server.. (HP Proliant DL-585).. but proc, memory and disk diagnostic showed nothing unusal. other virtual machines were working as usual also.. i was not in a position to restart whole sever because my production is virtualized on it too.. So i've waited and i've managed to shutdown the mail server and start it again..

after booting everything seemed normal but after starting Exchange Management Console i got the following error msg:

" Input array is longer than the number of columns in this table." ... ...

I've tested everything after and is seems everything is ok now.. mailing send/rec works normaly.. owa also.. if anyone has idea what could have caused this ... ...

thank you in advance for any help..

p.s. where can i find this log to read it again.. where EX puts error logs like this?.. maybe i can get some details about error..

G

Gulab Mallah

Event view is the place you will find the logs.
Other than that, Transport Log for HT specific issues.

Gulab | Skype: gulab.mallah

A

Ante Gulam

Details of error in time when the mail server was in unoperable state.. unable to reset, kill etc. etc.

as i see most of error like this are after the server already " crashed" ..

-----------------------------------Log Name: Application
Source: MSExchangeRepl
Date: 18.11.2010. 16:32:35
Event ID: 3154
Task Category: Service
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: mail.xxx.local
Description:
Active Manager failed to mount database Mailbox Database 0955097464 on server mail.xxx.local.
Error: An Active Manager operation failed with a transient error.
Please retry the operation. Error: A transient error occurred during discovery of the
database availability group topology. Error: Database action failed with transient error.
Error: A transient error occurred during a database operation. Error: MapiExceptionNetworkError: Unable to make admin interface connection to server. (hr=0x80040115, ec=-2147221227)

This is the first error in EV related ti MSEX..

----Log Name: Application
Source: MSExchangeFDS
Date: 18.11.2010. 16:32:08
Event ID: 1028
Task Category: General
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: mail.xxx.local
Description:
Process MSExchangeFDS.exe (PID=1876). Errors occurred while synchronizing content from server MAIL for object MAIL, remote server is unavailable, giving up after 5 retries. Please check previous error events logged by MSExchangeFDS for more information.
------before that was only this error which i asume is because when i started first multi-mailbox search i didn't select which mbx's..

---
System.ServiceModel.FaultException: Specify which mailboxes you want to search in the " Mailboxes to Search" section.

--
There are also few warnings in time while it was in unaccesible state:

---------
The Mailbox Replication service was unable to determine the set of active mailbox databases on a mailbox server.
Mailbox server: MAIL.xxx.local
Error: MapiExceptionNetworkError: Unable to make admin interface connection to server. (hr=0x80040115, ec=-2147221227)
Diagnostic context:
---------
I'm not sure what exactly caused this ... i was afraid my whole virtual env. will came down.. few other machines bacame inaccessible throught manag. console of esx like they were dead but i was able to ping them and connect trough rdp to them...

i asume that multimbx search maybe cause large amount of I/O operations.. but let's be real it's only fre mailboxes with only dozen mails in them... if it means anything i have 3 HDD's in RAID5.. 15krpm... and 10 virtual machines on that server but all of them have really small i/o and small activity in general..

thank you..

btw. these errors which concerns HA maybe may be ignored..

i'm not using any HA at all at this time..

A

Ante Gulam

I keep getting this message every cca 2h:

The following fatal alert was generated: 10. The internal error state is 1203.
<Provider Name=" Schannel" Guid=" {1F678132-5938-4686-9FDC-C8FF68F15C85}" />
<EventID>36888</EventID>

does anyone has any idea what could have been causing this ?!

tnx

J

James-Luo

What"s the version on ESX?

&middot; ESX 3.5 Update 2, 3, 4

&middot; ESX 3.5 Update 5

Per my knowledge, the error events like 36887 or 36888 are simply a feature of in Windows Server 2008 R2 which any negotiation or problem the emergence of unexpected messages for secure channel can be recorded because be spoofing attacks, or denial of service

Usually, it will be logged if you try to access a SSL site (443) by using HTTP protocol (80), which is the expected behavior, or you have an expired certificate somewhere and it needs to be removed

If it"s not what happens in your environment, you can enable Schannel event logging in IIS for troubleshooting (KB 260729)

As I"m not the expert on the platform area, please use the &ldquo;Windows Server - General&rdquo; forum which would be the best place to seek for troubleshooting this event

James Luo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Ex2010 problems with mail-enabled public folders Exchange Server Administration 0
M How do I get a copy of the NDRs sent to an administrator in EX2010 Exchange Server Administration 4
N EX2010 SP1 RU2 - High CPU Usage - Exchange Search Servuce Exchange Server Administration 4
M Recommended Reboots for EX2010 Exchange Server Administration 6
R cannot uninstall EX2003 after transition to EX2010 Exchange Server Administration 6
G Ex2010: Edge Sync / SynStatus Inconclusive? Exchange Server Administration 7
L Following migration from EX2k3 to Ex2010 meeting requests do not appear as tentative Exchange Server Administration 2
M EX2007 - EX2010 - Public Folder Migration, some items are missing with MSExchange Store Driver 1020 Exchange Server Administration 1
P Ex2010 active sync Exchange Server Administration 4
R Transition from Ex2003 to Ex2010 Exchange Server Administration 11
P Migrating Exchange 2007 to 2010 no mail going between servers or out from the Ex2010 servrer Exchange Server Administration 6
J ex2010 edge transport - inbound from internet Exchange Server Administration 7
C ex2010 outlook03 autodiscover working??? Using Outlook 5
E OWA not working "out of the box" with Ex2010 (or after SP1, or after SP1 RU1)! Exchange Server Administration 3
P Migration Ex2003 to Ex2010 problem, cannot see old mailboxes/users Exchange Server Administration 32
J EX2010 to 2003 does not work with Outlook but does with OWA Exchange Server Administration 2
Y Public Folders move from EX2007 to EX2010 Exchange Server Administration 2
R Ex2003 to Ex2010 Migration - how to remove orphaned public folder replicas on Ex2003? Exchange Server Administration 19
A Does I need to move & upgrade Default Address Lists from EX2003 to EX2010 Server Exchange Server Administration 12
A not able to change password by EX2010 OWA for few user's Exchange Server Administration 26
M outlook client gives security alert after setting up EX2010 owa on server Exchange Server Administration 7
M Mailbox Database failover in Ex2010 RC Exchange Server Administration 7
P Outlook 2013 All imported Mail Rules in error when imported into new profile Using Outlook 5
H Outlook 2019 Certificate error Using Outlook 2
V Date and/or time error in Outlook Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Run-time error '430' on certain emails when trying to set "Outlook.mailitem" as "ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
E Complite error on SaveAsFile method Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
I Error saving screenshots in a custom form in outlook 2016, outlook 365 - ok in outlook 2013, outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
D Outlook VBA error extracting property data from GetRules collection Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
A Unable to save recurring Meeting to Documents folder due to error Using Outlook 2
M Compile error: User-defined type not defined Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Error when trying to forward current email item Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
M ERROR: None of your email accounts could send to this recipient Using Outlook 2
J OLADD.FAE Error When Exporting Contacts Using Outlook 6
C Send/receive error 80040119 Using Outlook 2
W error with the permission for the file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Outlook 2019 MAC sync error after working for 4 hours Using Outlook 1
A Run time error 424. object required in outlook 2013 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
M error code 0x8DE00006 Using Outlook 1
M Desktop Version Of Outlook Generating Error Using Outlook 4
M Send/Receive error 0x800CCC0F Using Outlook 0
T Outlook 2016 CSV Translator Import Error Using Outlook 6
ManaarZakaria I'm afraid of this issue, cause of strange error Exchange Server Administration 2
P Suppress dialog box on email check error? Using Outlook 5
vodkasoda Object could not be found Error in Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
S VBA Macro - Run-time error '424': object required - Help Please Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
avant-guvnor Outlook.Application now produces error Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
P Run Time Error 91 when linking contact to task in VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Error 0x80090326 when trying to setup IMAP account on Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
N Saving And Deleting Outlook Attachments with Unknown Error Message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1