Following migration from EX2k3 to Ex2010 meeting requests do not appear as tentative

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

leslie hill

We've just moved a bunch of IT users from Exchange 2003 mailbox servers to Exchange 2010 RTM RU4. We have a small number of users who having been sent meeting requests using Outlook 2003 clients and while they appear in the users mailbox they do not appear in the calendar as tentative. The Outloop settings for the calendar are configured to accept meeting requests as tentative. We have the problem on cache mode and non cache mode and the Outlook /sniff or cleansniff does not fix the problems.

N

Novak Wu

By default, when someone sends a meeting request, it should go into Calendar folder and set as tentatively. If it does not appear tentatively, please refer to the following steps to troubleshoot the issue.

In Outlook,

1. On the Tools Menu click Options

2. Click E-mail Options and then Tracking Options

3. Please select the “Process requests and response on arrival” option.

On Exchange server side, please run get-mailboxcalendarsettings <mailbox> |fl and ensure the AddNewRequestsTentatively option has been configured as True.

Thanks.

Novak Wu

L

leslie hill

Yep checked all those and they are indeed set correctly. Having checked the users mailbox account I noticed there is now a new tab called Calendar Setting in which all the setting were greyed out. When I checked all the users that had this problem I found they all had the same problem. I enabled the option for all the account and now the meeting requests appear as tentative. My thoughts around this is that the Calendar Agent was now processing the meeting requests and not the Outlook client and that it still looks like we have a Outlook client issue to fix. We are still on Outlook 2003 but we are to move to Outlook2010 real soon so I'm not sure if it's worth digging any deeper on this one. Incidentally, the problem appears to be intermittent which makes it even worse to fault find.

Moving to Exchange 2010 SP1 in the next couple of weeks and to be totally honest I'm not looking forward to it given all the problems people seem to be having once having upgraded to it. Do you have any suggestions to help this run smoothly?

Les.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
icacream Enter your user name and password for the following server. Using Outlook 5
M Following a refresh of computer (win8.0) conflicting oulook accounts Using Outlook 2
K IMAP Server Wants to alert you to the following: cannpt rename system folder Using Outlook 1
J Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: cannot remove system folder Using Outlook 3
O Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: Cannot delete folder with subfolders. Using Outlook 4
V Your Imap server wants to alert you to the following: Message too large Using Outlook 4
B "Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: cannot move folder into itself" Using Outlook 3
B Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: cannot rename system folders Using Outlook 8
L IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: cannot rename sytem folders Using Outlook 14
B IMAP server wants to alert you to the following cannot rename system folders Using Outlook 3
K Following Several Power Cuts Can Only work in Safe Mode Using Outlook 0
A As I try to move around in Outlook. Each tab I touch I get the following error message 'Microsoft Outlook is not responding' Using Outlook 2
O my outlook appears to be permenantly offline following an microsoft download__error 0x800ccc0e Using Outlook 2
R When I try to send an email to many people, I receive the following error message: (0x8004010F): The Using Outlook 1
D Your imap server wants to alert you to the following 1432 (3306) that mail currently is not availabl Using Outlook 1
M Outlook closes with the following error Exchange Server Administration 2
M Office Outlook 2007 had problems encrypting this message because the following recipients had missin Using Outlook 1
B All times listed are in the following time zone: Customized Time Zone Exchange Server Administration 1
K Windows7 + Outlook 2010: "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this compute Using Outlook 2
E When I try to click on links in emails I recieve the following message 'This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions on yoru computer. C Using Outlook 1
M Recurring message: your imap server wishes to alert you to the following: XXX (1032) That mail is no Using Outlook 4
T The following fatal alert was received: 48. Exchange Server Administration 5
D This file cannot be previewed because of an error with the following previewer Adobe PDF Using Outlook 1
J I receive the following Sending Report Error: 0X80042109 Outlook cannot connect to my outgoing serve Using Outlook 2
A I receive the following: UID STORE failed: UID sequence range syntax error Using Outlook 2
T I am receiving the following error message on my home computer whenever I try to open a hyperlink in Using Outlook 5
M I get the following error message when tryiong to send some emails.__'Relaying denied: You must check for new mail before sending mail.' Using Outlook 2
P I receive the following error when I am sending messages 'your imap server wants to alert you that it can not read attachement 185' the atta Using Outlook 4
O HOTMAIL blocked my account. Student following directions in book. What to do? Using Outlook 2
J "Outlook cannot display this view" I tried following Diane's suggestions in past posts...but still Using Outlook 1
S Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 will start correctly following installation. Using Outlook 2
D I get the following: "The operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this compute Using Outlook 3
R I receive the following error message when sending an email Using Outlook 3
D get following error "Businss contact manager for Outlook could not complete your last action or acti Using Outlook 16
R Re: Outlook 2010 will not open links. Receive following message, 'This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this comput Using Outlook 7
C Backup utility does not work following change to Windows 7 computer Using Outlook 3
S System Administrator email undeliverable to following recipients Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 4
S Bug? Event ID 10154 (WinRM service failed to create the following SPNs...) Exchange Server Administration 24
Microfiche Migration from Office 2016 H&B to Office 365 Using Outlook 0
B Headache with Hotmail and Outlook since migration Exchange Server Administration 10
Diane Poremsky Data loss may occur during public folder migration New Slipstick.com Articles 0
M The coming Outlook migration Using Outlook 1
M Data File Management confusion after migration Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Outlook.com Migration Status New Slipstick.com Articles 0
A Migration to Exchange, still happening? How will I know when? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
W Outlook.com -> Exchange Migration Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Exchange Server Migration Tools New Slipstick.com Articles 0
C Changing Domain -- Assigned To User field Migration? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
H Exchange 2013 ECP migration connects to crashed server Exchange Server Administration 0
J Migration from BCM 2010 to 2013 is messing up the label fields BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4