Task "Microsoft Exchange Server" reported error (0x8004010F): 'The operation failed. An object could

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dewalt Kotze

Hi

I have four Exchange 2003 servers in my domain, they are spread across four branches all replicating. The main server at the Head office does the OAB distribution. This worked 100% until yesterday when I installed a new Exchange 2010 server. The new server is up and running and mail is flowing between the two.

I get this error for mailboxes on both the 2003 and 2010 servers.

I have read a whole bunch of threads and forums but can't find the solution.

Help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Dewalt Kotze

G

Gulab Mallah

Hi,

I have some questions
How many mailboxes you have on 2003 and 2010? All the mailboxes have migrated or not?
Did you check the Replica of Old Exchange 2003 on OAB system folder on Exchange 2010?

Check if you have OAB associated with Mailbox Database
Check if you have Pubilc Folder Database associated with Mailbox Database
Is it happening with all the clients (2003,2007 and 2010)?
Did you move the OAB from 2003 to 2010?

Gulab | Skype: gulab.mallah

D

Dewalt Kotze

Hi, Thanks for the response

I have only two mailboxes on the 2010 server and about 400 on the 2003 server. I want to make sure everything is working perfectly before migrating all the mailboxes to the 2010 server.

OAB is associated with the mailbox database and the public folder associated is the public folder from the new exchange server.

I followed the steps from this link : http://www.simple-talk.com/sysadmin/exchange/upgrade-exchange-2003-to-exchange-2010/ for setting up the replication from the 2003 to 2010 server..

Not sure about the move?

It's happening on office 2003 - 2010, but not all users, for instance my mailbox is on exchange 2010 I am using office 2010 and I get the error. My colleague's got the same config and he does not get the error. Other users are using office 2007 on a exchange 2003 some get the error others not.

Thanks

A

Allen Song

Hi,

Did you move the OAB generation server to the Exchange 2010 Mailbox server from Exchange 2003? Was any error message received in the Application Event Log of the OAB generation server?

If the OAB generation server still is in place, that means all the clients use Public Folder to download the OAB. If it's in Exchange 2010 Mailbox server, then part of the mailbox (Exchange 2010) will use the web distribution to download the OAB.

Thanks

Allen

Allen Song

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Sync OAB and Task 'Microsoft Exchange' Fails Error 0x8004010F: The operation failed. An object canno Exchange Server Administration 2
S Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F): 'The operation failed. An object could Exchange Server Administration 7
C Copy Task to Non-Microsoft PIM "Rainlendar" Using Outlook 0
C Does Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac sync the Task function in Outlook to an Iphone? Using Outlook 1
F Validation on custom task form after task acceptance Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Office 365 erased all of my task views Using Outlook 3
T Report For Task Recurrance Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
E Can't accept or decline task (no button appears) Using Outlook 3
B VBA to convert email to task, insert text of email in task notes, and attach copy of original email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
B Task Filter Not Working When I add too many criteria Using Outlook 0
X If you change expiration date of repeated task it dupplicates Using Outlook 1
B How to show concatenated categories in list task view? Using Outlook 2
B VBA to Collapse Task Folder Groups Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E To convert imported data to custom fields in Task list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
I Help with dates in task list. Using Outlook 5
Y Outlook Task View - Table Format - Customize Reminder Time to Drop-Down Selection Using Outlook 2
M Daily Task List Minimized Cannot Display Using Outlook 2
D Using a VBA Custom Form to Send Reoccurring Email Upon Task Completion Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Add a contact to the New Task in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
S Codes for "Mark Complete" the task Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
W Deleting Sent Task Email, Deletes the task from my list Using Outlook 1
K Task priority modification Using Outlook 4
F Search folder for tasks in all task folders Using Outlook 1
JohnViuf Export task list view settings to other pc Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
V Changing default date for task follow-up buttons Using Outlook 2
K outlook workflow: automated task generation Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
U HTML Task Alternate Home Page View Control Using Outlook 3
F How to assign a task to a public task folder? Using Outlook 1
J Marketing task MS BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 10
copperberry How to view all tasks across task folders Using Outlook 3
P Task Categories Using Outlook 2
P Run Time Error 91 when linking contact to task in VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Email to task without changin formatting Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
S BCM Project Task Order BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
P Custom form reverts from task Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
evdbogaard How to dock the Styles Task Pane in the e-mail editing window? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Default Font in body of Task Using Outlook 0
S set a flag task date as the next weekday Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
K Daily task list > show tasks on the exact due date and not on the "current date" Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Create a Task when a Message is Flagged New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Assign one task to several people New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Automatically create a task when sending a message New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Z Item.Recipients for Task Assignment on Send Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
I Collecting mail address from GAB and adding to Outlook Task Using Outlook 2
S Task Update coming as email and not updating task Using Outlook 3
L set task reminder date to same as start date (without affecting due date) Using Outlook 0
L Clear Offline (Task) Items using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Diane Poremsky Create a Task from an Email using a Rule New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Task Request Status Update Address Missing New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Create Task or Appointment and Insert Selected Text New Slipstick.com Articles 0